Hondata Flashpro Tuning for the FK8 Type R!!

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
Thanks all! I’ve been browsing the Hondata forums for recommendations. It seems like we will see some retard degrees etc with those motor and ecu. Hondata account seems to verify that on the Si at least.

Drove the car to dinner and back. Wow! I thought the reflash I did on my Exige was a drastic jump in performance... this makes that look laughable!

Awesome job Hondata with that TC adjustment.

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Hondata has there been testing for the baseline tunes 91/93 octane in different climates? I live in a region where -10->-20 does occur in our winters. Would you recommend that we pull the 93 octane base map off during extreme weather or will the ECU adjust well enough for these extremes? I plan on doing data logs during the different temps just to confirm for myself.
We have not changed anything from the factory behavior so the stock vs reflashed ECU is going to run the same as far as cold start & running is concerned.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You should probably get it today if you ordered yesterday. They do free overnight shipping for FlashPros. Let us know how things go!
yeah, unfortunately it was Friday mid day when they saw the order since I ordered late Thursday (I'm over in the east).

But it's arriving today. Meeting to sell my milltek finally, then pick up my flashpro at fedex

theangelofspace15

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
We have not changed anything from the factory behavior so the stock vs reflashed ECU is going to run the same as far as cold start & running is concerned.
I live in georgia, what tuner do you recommend around me? I can travel to the close states too, like florida.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Hondata I plan to install a catted downpipe soon. What would be the best base map for 91 octane catted downpipe? I see a few base maps that says downpipe and prl downpipe but not sure if they are for catted or catless.
If it says downpipe, I'd assume catless, sinse other calibrations say highflow cat.

Have you seen this one...assuming you need 91 octane

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata Flashpro Tuning for the FK8 Type R!! pic2

Last edited:

maaaaark

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 type R
Country flag
Revzone has already tuned a calibration for Oz fuel - I'm not sure if they will give you the calibration or not. You can load any of the US calibrations into your ECU (it will use the correct binary), but Justin found that our 91 octane was still higher than your 98 octane. In theory 91 octane R+M/2 is about 96 octane RON, but I guess there is more to it than that.
Any chance they might give you the calibration for fuel and it be available to other hondata users in Australia? I feel like our tuning options are very limited here. Not even a basic tune for the australian market present. Thanks

theangelofspace15

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
@Hondata I installed a flex fuel quit and hondata flex fuel map, o keep getting cell from time to time when WOT in 5th/6th gear. I tried limiting the fuel pump and it just cut my power on 3-4th gear WOT and I still get cells. I tried e35 and e15 i have less cells on E15 but i still got 1. Anyone have tye same problem? Or what settings and ethanol do u recommend for the flex fuel map?