Hondata Flashpro Tuning for the FK8 Type R!!

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll also be finding out if I can use the flashpro since I had my ecu jailbreaked by Ktuner. I've seen yes and no's...some recent guys said it worked fine...we'll see.
Sponsored

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Regardless, wait until you feel 3rd gear with FlashPro. I have pictures of both platforms' 3rd gear (Sport) torque targets and FP is more aggressive and feels amazing by comparison to KTuner. Coupled with traction control, just around town drivability is vastly improved, no mods required.

I'll refrain from posting the pics as I don't want to violate any IP or anything, but it's not subtle.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Regardless, wait until you feel 3rd gear with FlashPro. I have pictures of both platforms' 3rd gear (Sport) torque targets and FP is more aggressive and feels amazing by comparison to KTuner. Coupled with traction control, just around town drivability is vastly improved, no mods required.

I'll refrain from posting the pics as I don't want to violate any IP or anything, but it's not subtle.
nice man, you were one of the guys that went from ktuner to flashpro also right...no issues with your ecu being jailbroken by ktuner vice hondata? If I have that right?

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Correct, still have KTuner on the shelf, I plan to compare the two on a dyno in the next 6-8 weeks. No issues changing over.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Correct, still have KTuner on the shelf, I plan to compare the two on a dyno in the next 6-8 weeks. No issues changing over.
nice! Thanks again!

I'm eager even more now lol...not sure how long it will take to get here from Evassive. Hopefully I'll get it mid next week.

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Intakes don't need tuning as long as they don't alter the air flow meter signal. The nature of the AFM is that it will compensate for any difference in air flow, so the fueling side is taken care off.
We made mods for all the intakes because people asked for them, but 5/6 of them use the stock AFM table. Only the Eventuri needed tuning. However having a mod for an intake that doesn't make any modifications is important, because if you have an intake then you know that it has been dyno tested and tuned and your vehicle will run correctly.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Intakes don't need tuning as long as they don't alter the air flow meter signal. The nature of the AFM is that it will compensate for any difference in air flow, so the fueling side is taken care off.
We made mods for all the intakes because people asked for them, but 5/6 of them use the stock AFM table. Only the Eventuri needed tuning. However having a mod for an intake that doesn't make any modifications is important, because if you have an intake then you know that it has been dyno tested and tuned and your vehicle will run correctly.
Thanks for the info!

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
@Hondata has there been testing for the baseline tunes 91/93 octane in different climates? I live in a region where -10->-20 does occur in our winters. Would you recommend that we pull the 93 octane base map off during extreme weather or will the ECU adjust well enough for these extremes? I plan on doing data logs during the different temps just to confirm for myself.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
oh, wow, that's awesome man, thanks.

Wonder how much of a difference it made to have that tune. I haven't noticed any issues with the AEM, but who knows, certainly someone noticed something I haven't been able to detect on the butt dyno :D Was it with 93 octane hopefully?
they do have a "mod" section for certain intakes. It does state that there isn't a difference in the maf readings so you can click on it but it wont make any changes. Only the eventuri said minor changes were needed.
they probably only added it on there because people want a "piece of mind" that they are running the correct calibration

PrisonerOfDoom

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R #3166, '04 IS300, '01 Tacoma
Country flag
nice! Thanks again!

I'm eager even more now lol...not sure how long it will take to get here from Evassive. Hopefully I'll get it mid next week.
You should probably get it today if you ordered yesterday. They do free overnight shipping for FlashPros. Let us know how things go!

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
Wheew! That 93 octane base map (enhanced throttle) with TC slip set to 6% is wild! The car just gets up and goes. Stock with 265 PS4S would still throw slipping on on a 50-60 degree day but now it just keeps pulling more and more!

Although I do want to read more about knock sensors and what is acceptable limits with the base tune. I was monitoring it on my phone and then looked back on my data log and see there are some knock retard degrees showing up. I assume that this is standard but I’ll try running stock ecu tune then the 93 base to confirm.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wheew! That 93 octane base map (enhanced throttle) with TC slip set to 6% is wild! The car just gets up and goes. Stock with 265 PS4S would still throw slipping on on a 50-60 degree day but now it just keeps pulling more and more!

Although I do want to read more about knock sensors and what is acceptable limits with the base tune. I was monitoring it on my phone and then looked back on my data log and see there are some knock retard degrees showing up. I assume that this is standard but I’ll try running stock ecu tune then the 93 base to confirm.
Yep! When my car was stock, I was really surprised how much "range" there seemed to be in the throttle. A little Jekyll/Hyde type thing. With KTuner it was a bit more consistent, pulled hard for sure, but now with FlashPro it's like Jekyll is back and Hyde took some PEDs + resting bitch face, and the car is just angry at the top of 2nd and all through 3rd and into 4th. Yet, if I just want to casually prowl around town, no big deal. Having it e-tuned is just icing on the cake as it takes into account my actual gas, weather, and mods, and gives me peace of mind.

It's to the point that unless I want a little more sound out of the intake, I'm not sure the car really needs anything, beyond the stickiest tires my conditions allow...

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag

must be nice to have 93 :cry:

You have to look at when the knock retard is happening and how the IATs were and stuff.