Hondata Flashpro Tuning for the FK8 Type R!!

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did. Evidently it's a thing with catted DPs running defoulers. I just need to bite the bullet, undo the O2 sensor, hack off the defouler (don't want to remove the DP just to take off the defouler), and use the O2 harness extension I got to plug it straight into the DP. Even still, KTuner had a disable for this that allowed me to be lazy, lol.
Sponsored

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went ahead and just cut the defouler out. Wasn't fun, the one I have is from ebay and it was pretty stout, didn't give up easy.

Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata Flashpro Tuning for the FK8 Type R!! xaUU8UDDW3VvujkzEBpOCcaxLx239Mt07XbSuS2nENa-24CPmywOm2ULVMEeGN8mESVXy0gf0tn-oOS5shN=w528-h937-no

SixxSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Curious for your thoughts...

The fuel I have here kind of sucks. If I want ethanol free, 91 octane is my only option. Otherwise I have 94 octane with 10% ethanol.

My question is- does anyone consider running a 10% ethanol blend a bad idea (with any kind of supporting science behind it)? I'm hoping for something more than just off hand stories from some time ago.

Second, would it be a bad idea to run the Hondata 93 octane base map with 94 octane fuel?

d15b7

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 1995 Civic EG K24/20 EFR7163 Fortune Auto track weapon
Country flag
just a data point for you; almost all of the USA is E10 (at least. there is also E15 and E85 available at some stations); there are a very few stations around that have PureGas (sometimes 87 and sometimes 91) but at least on the east coast where i live they are few and far in between. pretty much every tankful of gas I fill up with is E10 93. but my CTR is bone stock so i'm sure it would run fine on E10 91 too.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No issue running 94 octane with E10 in it. Our 93 octane is E10 here and no problem, as verified by the tuner who helped write KTuner's base maps

And there wouldn't be an issue running the 93 map on 94 gas. The difference in the two is minute, it's not like 93 octane vs 100 octane and given the seasonality and variability of E-85 as an additive, it could be 92.5, 94.5, or 93 octane but averages out to be 94 octane per your state's regulations for weights and measures.

SixxSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Ok, another silly question-

Does a laptop need to be connected to the car every time I’m looking to change the tune?

I’d like to ultimately run the 93 tune, but what happens if I’m caught somewhere and 91 gasoline is my only option?

Is it possible to program a different tune for each IDS mode, like I believe you can with ktuner?

I’ve pondered this stuff for awhile, but haven’t found solid answers anywhere. I’m just looking to get informed before I do bite the bullet and send my ECU in to hondata :D

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag

Does a laptop need to be connected to the car every time I’m looking to change the tune?
I had the identical question. I believe we can store two tunes at once. I'm assuming the flashpro will need to be plugged in switch between those tunes? Would love to know the answer to that.

ssjoeboe9

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-r FK8
Country flag
I had the identical question. I believe we can store two tunes at once. I'm assuming the flashpro will need to be plugged in switch between those tunes? Would love to know the answer to that.
Yeah you can store two tunes, and when you wanna switch you just plug in flashpro and flash the respective tune you need. No laptop necessary, but you would need the "correct" calibration already pre-loaded on the FP. Obviosuly its not a super quick process, but if at a gas station you could flash it in like 3-4minutes.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
how do you select which of the two tunes on the flashpro to upload? Always wondered that

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag

I’d like to ultimately run the 93 tune, but what happens if I’m caught somewhere and 91 gasoline is my only option?

Is it possible to program a different tune for each IDS mode, like I believe you can with ktuner?

I’ve pondered this stuff for awhile, but haven’t found solid answers anywhere. I’m just looking to get informed before I do bite the bullet and send my ECU in to hondata :D
neither ktuner nor hondata can have individual tunes for separate driving modes. You can have different torque values but not a different tune.

how do you select which of the two tunes on the flashpro to upload? Always wondered that
pressing program button for like 1 sec uploads the primary calibration.
press and hold the datalog button while you press the program button for 1 sec, release the program button, then release the datalog button to upload the secondary calibration on the flashpro.

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
Thank you for that! I couldn’t find that anywhere on their site.

Do you all know what size box you used to ship your ecu?

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
I just had some old amazon boxes sitting around and used one that had enough room to use an excessive amount of bubble wrap.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, Ktuner V2 is sold and gone...ordered flashpro yesterday. Interested to see not only how the Traction Control works out, but also the available calibrations.

Wish I could download the software at work, lol. My mods are simple, just a HKS exhaust and AEM intake...doubt anyone had an AEM intake tuned/calibration (not like there's a need I guess, no issues with AEM).

I thought at first I'd miss the V2 module, but then it dawned on me I could just load that mobile software to my phone and use it like the V2 was situated (unless I decided to break down and put it on the infotainment system)

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There's a "mod" in FlashPro to account for an AEM intake, on top of a standard tune.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There's a "mod" in FlashPro to account for an AEM intake, on top of a standard tune.
oh, wow, that's awesome man, thanks.

Wonder how much of a difference it made to have that tune. I haven't noticed any issues with the AEM, but who knows, certainly someone noticed something I haven't been able to detect on the butt dyno :D Was it with 93 octane hopefully?
Sponsored