Hondata Flashpro Tuning for the FK8 Type R!!

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
I don't see anything on their website about appointments anymore. I know when I did mine I scheduled a day with them. Might just be first come first serve now.

From Hondata website

From the factory ECUs made by Bosch for Honda cannot be programmed over OBDII and must be sent to Hondata for jail-breaking.

The normal turnaround time is two days. We return ship via FedEx.

Jailbreak steps:
  • Print out and fill in the jailbreak form (include this form with the ECU).
  • Send your ECU to
    Hondata Jailbreak
    2840 Columbia Street
    Torrance CA 90503
    USA

Yes, that's what I have read, but I'm afraid to sent the ECU and stay there for long time just resting. My Type -r is my daily also.
Sponsored

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
You have to place the order first.

If you want the FlashPro as well, you can just order it from us: https://www.procivic.com/p/ym/2017/civic/hondata-flashpro.html?ctid=3407

No need to make an appointment. We send you the FlashPro first then have Hondata do the Jailbreak as soon as you send the ECU to them (with the Jailbreak form). It's quite simple, and we have a form and instructions we email you that details everything.
Already I have Hondata, just is missing the Jailbrake ..

Thank you guys I really appreciated the info.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
just give them a call and ask them how backed up they are.

you don't wanna just send it and have your car down for like 5 days because they're too busy.

ctrdeepblue

2018 Civic Type R / R-07443
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
@procivic: Is Hondata still doing the "remote clone" option if I'm willing to purchase a 2nd ECU?

FWIK, in that process, because the customer "harvests" the OE ECU image via Flashpro (a read-only operation), then sends that data to Hondata electronically (via email?), Hondata can send the 2nd ECU Jailbroken with a copy of the customers OE ECU image. Then the customer can perform an ECU swap, and avoid having to send in their original ECU. For details, see:

https://www.hondata.com/remote-clone

Granted, this option costs an extra $850, but it allows you to have a pristine OE ECU to fall back to, if necessary.

Just checking to see if this is an option if I purchase via Procivic, or if I need to work directly with Hondata.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
just give them a call and ask them how backed up they are.

you don't wanna just send it and have your car down for like 5 days because they're too busy.

Right, I haven't found any phone number, do you?

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
guys, you're making this a bit harder than it needs to be.

once you place the order online, you will get a phone call from carol to schedule your jailbreak. you will receive detailed instructions.

no orders are processed automatically but must be confirmed via call, followed by an email with the form to complete (partly for reasons of anti-fraud).

it's quicker to send an email directly to hondata or call directly.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag

once you place the order online, you will get a phone call from carol to schedule your jailbreak. you will receive detailed instructions.

no orders are processed automatically but must be confirmed via call, followed by an email with the form to complete (partly for reasons of anti-fraud).

FYI there is no longer an option to purchase on the Hondata website. Hence why I commented on what the jailbreak form for Hondata has the credit card info on it. Otherwise Hondata directs you to buy from dealer.

TheShadow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 Type R #00561, 2012 Civic Si, 2000 Civic CX Hatchback
Country flag

I just did my jailbreak about 2 weeks ago - as others have been mentioning there is no need to schedule an appointment anymore. I even called Hondata because I remembered when they had that process in place, but they confirmed that I just send in the ECU with the completed form and that is all. This may be different if you order from a vendor but at least directly from Hondata there isn't even the option to purchase the jailbreak online anymore - all the info you need is on the form you send with the ECU. They received my ECU around noon and had it shipped back out that same day (not saying that will always be the case though.)

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
@procivic: Is Hondata still doing the "remote clone" option if I'm willing to purchase a 2nd ECU?

FWIK, in that process, because the customer "harvests" the OE ECU image via Flashpro (a read-only operation), then sends that data to Hondata electronically (via email?), Hondata can send the 2nd ECU Jailbroken with a copy of the customers OE ECU image. Then the customer can perform an ECU swap, and avoid having to send in their original ECU. For details, see:

https://www.hondata.com/remote-clone

Granted, this option costs an extra $850, but it allows you to have a pristine OE ECU to fall back to, if necessary.

Just checking to see if this is an option if I purchase via Procivic, or if I need to work directly with Hondata.
Yes, this is definitely an option through Hondata. We'll have it available on our site soon as an option to purchase online through us.

Like you said, it is quite a bit more expensive, but may be worth it depending on your situation.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
What happens if you want to return car or go for service? Do you have to send back the ECU or something to Hondata?

ctrdeepblue

2018 Civic Type R / R-07443
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
What happens if you want to return car or go for service? Do you have to send back the ECU or something to Hondata?
FWIK, once Jailbroken, it can't be reversed. I'm sure even if you reflash to OEM specs, I'm sure Honda ECU scanners will confirm the ECU has been "compromised", and likely void your warranty.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
If you're paranoid about it Hondata offers ECU cloning, yeah it's more expensive, yeah it sucks, but you get the peace of mind of having an untouched OEM ECU.

VTECnR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Type R
Country flag
@Hondata I've got a question for ya. Do you feel the best acceleration can be achieved by running your reduced power in gears 1-2 calibration, or by running your full power in gears 1-2 calibration and letting the traction control do its thing. I've tried both now and am pretty sure of what you're gonna say but am curious what you think and why?

Many thanks.

OEM tires, "93 octane, downpipe, intercooler, improved throttle response" calibration

Last edited: