Hondata Flashpro Tuning for the FK8 Type R!!

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
The main issue with E85 on the Type R is that you'll need secondary injectors of some sort...the factory DI fuel pump will max out and limit your power gains. There is a solution, but it is a little complex. We'll see what happens in the future regarding this.

One more 1.5T Flex Fuel kit to add to this list: https://www.procivic.com/p/m/civic/sirimoto-e85-flex-fuel-kit.html. This one comes with a digital E85 gauge so you can easily monitor your approximate "power level" (i.e. ethanol content). This frees up your Navi unit so you don't have to jailbreak it and use the Hondata or KTuner app.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Diego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Just installed Flashpro in a Mexican FK8 and have some doubts about the calibration to use, maybe you can advise:

Engine Mods:
Injen FMIC
Full 3" turboback (DP is AFE with no cat)

In Mexico gas is crap, so 91 octane calibration is a must, so my options:

1. 91oct DP, intercooler, improved throttle response (This is the one that I have right now)

May I use one of the following?
2.- 91oc fullrace DP, fullrace intercooler, stock exhaust.....
3.- 91oct injen DP, injen intercooler, injen intake, injen exhaust.... (I know I don't have intake, but it may fit)

Car is not daily driven and is being tracked, so calibration I'm looking for should be the best for trackday use.

What do you think?

Thanks!

ChampwhiteFK8

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R
Country flag
Just installed Flashpro in a Mexican FK8 and have some doubts about the calibration to use, maybe you can advise:

Engine Mods:
Injen FMIC

1. 91oct DP, intercooler, improved throttle response (This is the one that I have right now)

3.- 91oct injen DP, injen intercooler, injen intake, injen exhaust.... (I know I don't have intake, but it may fit)

Car is not daily driven and is being tracked, so calibration I'm looking for should be the best for trackday use.

What do you think?

Thanks!
Hey first time hearing about a Mexican R owner! How is it down there? Seen other ones? Aren't you scared of it getting stolen?

AhmedTitef

@slow_fk8
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2017 CIVIC HB ex , 2005 BMW 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Engine Mods:
Injen FMIC

What do you think?

Thanks!
I think you cant use these because these calibrations are for the ypgraded turbo kit by full race even though thats a good question. I am interested in the results on our stock turbo but using this map

Diego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Hey first time hearing about a Mexican R owner! How is it down there? Seen other ones? Aren't you scared of it getting stolen?
It's not thaaat dangerous here, of course, there are places that you shouldn't go, but in general it's not a worry.

Some friends have them, like 4, but is rare to see them rolling

Diego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
I think you cant use these because these calibrations are for the ypgraded turbo kit by full race even though thats a good question. I am interested in the results on our stock turbo but using this map
I actually have noooo idea, in the notes part doesn't state something about an upgraded turbo, but I'll keep reading about it and post results here.

Hopefully Hondata will answer my post haha

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag

Engine Mods:
Injen FMIC

What do you think?

Thanks!
Is there any reason you want to use the other calibrations?
I definitely wouldn't use the injen intake calibration though.

Diego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Is there any reason you want to use the other calibrations?
I definitely wouldn't use the injen intake calibration though.
Not really, just have the best fit for the car mods that I assume will give the best output power and be "safe" I don't want to stress or break anything for using a wrong map (remember will be tracked used)

I was thinking in the injen to, more or less in the middle and I don't think the intake is that much of a difference

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Not really, just have the best fit for the car mods that I assume will give the best output power and be "safe" I don't want to stress or break anything for using a wrong map (remember will be tracked used)

I was thinking in the injen to, more or less in the middle and I don't think the intake is that much of a difference
intakes don't change much so you should be ok.
I wouldnt use the injen intake calibration because that intake is hot garbage (performance and quality wise) so who knows how it was on the car they tested on.

Diego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
intakes don't change much so you should be ok.
I wouldnt use the injen intake calibration because that intake is hot garbage (performance and quality wise) so who knows how it was on the car they tested on.
Yeap, I know that about the Injen intake, I was thinking in Mishi or AFE, but after reading that intake temperatures are almost the same that the stock box, I decided to better put a replacement filter and spend that money in something else.

On Saturday I will track the car, I'll try to datalog one or two heats to have baseline data and start comparisons.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
@Hondata_Support Guys, I'm planning to sent my ECU for jailbrake, which one are the steps? I would like to sent the ECU today, but I don't know if I should do an appointment first? Or just I should sent my ECU to the following adress: 2840 Columbia Street Torrance CA90503 , and soon as they receive unlock and sent it back on the same day?

Please I would like to do today.

Thanks

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
@Hondata_Support Guys, I'm planning to sent my ECU for jailbrake, which one are the steps? I would like to sent the ECU today, but I don't know if I should do an appointment first? Or just I should sent my ECU to the following adress: 2840 Columbia Street Torrance CA90503 , and soon as they receive unlock and sent it back on the same day?

Thanks
i'd personally call them. you have a higher chance of talking to someone than hoping they chime in on the forums.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag

Thanks
I don't see anything on their website about appointments anymore. I know when I did mine I scheduled a day with them. Might just be first come first serve now.

From Hondata website

From the factory ECUs made by Bosch for Honda cannot be programmed over OBDII and must be sent to Hondata for jail-breaking.

The normal turnaround time is two days. We return ship via FedEx.

Jailbreak steps:
  • Print out and fill in the jailbreak form (include this form with the ECU).
  • Send your ECU to
    Hondata Jailbreak
    2840 Columbia Street
    Torrance CA 90503
    USA

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag

Thanks
You have to place the order first.

If you want the FlashPro as well, you can just order it from us: https://www.procivic.com/p/ym/2017/civic/hondata-flashpro.html?ctid=3407

No need to make an appointment. We send you the FlashPro first then have Hondata do the Jailbreak as soon as you send the ECU to them (with the Jailbreak form). It's quite simple, and we have a form and instructions we email you that details everything.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
You have to place the order first.

If you want the FlashPro as well, you can just order it from us: https://www.procivic.com/p/ym/2017/civic/hondata-flashpro.html?ctid=3407

No need to make an appointment. We send you the FlashPro first then have Hondata do the Jailbreak as soon as you send the ECU to them (with the Jailbreak form). It's quite simple, and we have a form and instructions we email you that details everything.
Looks like you can send the form in with the ecu. No need to order first. You just include your credit card info and authorization on it.
Honda Civic 10th gen Hondata Flashpro Tuning for the FK8 Type R!! Hondata Jailbreak.JPG
Sponsored