Hondata Flashpro Tuning for the FK8 Type R!!

Chad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
is anyone else get a lot of tourque steer? I mean crazy lot. I havent check on R+ but in sport ehen I do a hard pull on 3rd the car get out of countrol.
Have you changed your wheels and tires or suspension setup?
Sponsored

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ran my old CTR #965 last summer. The event got rained out, but the car ran alright. Just trying to get it to hook on a prepped drag strip was a challenge. Wheel hop was really bad. I have videos of a couple of passes on my computer. The 60' mark will dictate what time you will run. Your car will be charging hard at the end of the track! In my experience drag racing, if you drop your 60' by one tenth, (.1) you pick up two tenths (.2) at the end and close to 1 MPH. I did a poor job getting it to hook, but it ran 13.9's all passes with 2.2-2.3 60' times. MPH was in the 104-105 range.

Back to Banshee's car, his car has the potential to be that fast, it will depend on the launch. If it is a 2.0 or higher sixty foot, I would guess he will run in the low 13's possibly the high 12's. If his car miles a hour high, he can reach high 12's with a sluggish sixty foot. I'm sure he isn't running on the stock wheels too. Lighter and wider wheels will make a huge difference! I am excited for you to try out the strip. Tell us what your CTR ET's are on Sunday! See if you can get a video or two of it for us! Keep us posted and good luck!

Does the app show sixty feet times?

Last edited:

Pzb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Country flag
Flashpro don't have a step, per se...just what type of fuel is available, and whether you have a downpipe or not. There is also no launch control(not sure if it is being planned or not) and Traction control is on the list of to do.....
Is there the ability to switch different maps per each drive mode? Ktuner has a different map for each drive mode comfort, sport, and +R. This is the feature I like.

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is there the ability to switch different maps per each drive mode? Ktuner has a different map for each drive mode comfort, sport, and +R. This is the feature I like.
It has the basic maps/calibrations, but you can tune the torque/fuel/boost for each mode, and torque for of the gears, in each of the different modes.

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As can FlashPro.

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
I’ve dealt with issues in the past with my uprev tune on a daily when it was custom tuned at around 30/40 degrees then throwing CEL lean codes at around 80/90 degrees.

Would the 93 octane map be safe for us -10 degrees to 90+ degrees Michigan temp changes??

@Hondata

Last edited:

Pzb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Country flag
It has the basic maps/calibrations, but you can tune the torque/fuel/boost for each mode, and torque for of the gears, in each of the different modes.
Thank you for the information.

Joescivic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 K20 swapped coupe and 2013 Si coupe
Country flag
Can't get on the website or check for updates on flashpro manager

theangelofspace15

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
Have you changed your wheels and tires or suspension setup?
actually I was also getting some weord sounds when I steer. I brough it to the dealer and they told me I was not the only one. It seen people are having problem with small rocks in the steeringwheel system. has anyone having this issue too?

Sully311

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR Black #601, 93 Rx7 Single Turbo
Country flag
What is everyone doing that wants to run the 93 octane tune, but unable to get 93 in their area? I live in Oregon, unfortunately in a small town, and only have access to 92 octane... I could obviously buy race fuel and mix it whenever I fill up, but this doesn't seem like an amazingly convenient thing to do...
I obviously know that I can have a custom tune done, but I'd just like to see what everyone else is doing.

Thanks

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
What is everyone doing that wants to run the 93 octane tune, but unable to get 93 in their area? I live in Oregon, unfortunately in a small town, and only have access to 92 octane... I could obviously buy race fuel and mix it whenever I fill up, but this doesn't seem like an amazingly convenient thing to do...
I obviously know that I can have a custom tune done, but I'd just like to see what everyone else is doing.

Thanks
You dont run the 93 octane tune , just run the 91 octane. If they come out with 100 octane tune like hondata then you can go spent 5+ dollars a gallon
Sponsored