OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I've been modding my cars for years but am new to flash tuning. I also live in a CA emissions state so I'm interested in this CARB Flashpro. But I have some questions...

Ok, here's the thing, I won't be tracking my car and it's my daily driver. And I keep my cars a long time (7-8 years). I'm kind of concerned about putting too much stress on the CVT as well. But, I'd love more power and driveability for my commute.

Would the CARB version +6 base map make a big difference (using 91 or maybe 89 octane)? I just want a "set and forget" setup. I'm not worried about fine tuning all the different calibrations. Or is it just a waste of $700 and maybe I should just work on modding the suspension?

Your thoughts...
It's a very notice difference with just the +6 psi. It lowered my 0-60 by .5 to 1sec second depending on the weather. The tune is very conservative and tested in a 24hr circuit race. It showed no signs of any abnormal wear on the CVT. CARB FlashPro is perfect for you then if you just want a set it and forget it and be CARB compliant
Sponsored

Last edited:

richd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
It's a very notice difference with just the +6 psi. It lowered my 0-60 by .5 to 1sec second depending on the weather. The tune is very conservative and tested in a 24hr circuit race. It showed no signs of any abnormal wear on the CVT. CARB FlashPro is perfect for you then if you just want a set it and forget it and be CARB compliant
I'm very happy with my CARB 6psi on a CVT sport hatch fwiw. There is some weird variability with launch that seems to cause a sometimes slower launch but I think that's there with or without the reflash. But for daily driving it's awesome!

Has anyone compared the CARB 6psi base to the race 6psi back to back accelerating or Dyno ?

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I'm very happy with my CARB 6psi on a CVT sport hatch fwiw. There is some weird variability with launch that seems to cause a sometimes slower launch. But for daily driving it's awesome!

Has anyone compared the CARB 6psi base to the race 6psi back to back?
The calibration are 100% the same

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
@dc2turbo Is there any information on what the 6PSI turn on a CVT running on 87 octane? Or is it required to have 91?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Hondata Flashpro now have a option to buy a CARB legal unit or you can still get the Race version.

"Great news! Hondata FlashPro (CARB) becomes California emissions compliant (CARB EO D-742-1) for the 2016+ Civic 1.5 turbo. This allows the CARB specific FlashPro to be used on street vehicles within the USA."
https://www.hondata.com/flashpro/flashpro-2016-civic-carb

flashpro-carb-500x500.jpg
Don't buy it. The only tunes you can use are +3 psi and +6 psi. All the other tunes are blocked out. And you're paying the same price which is BS. The CARB legal flashpro should be a lower price in my opinion.

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Don't buy it. The only tunes you can use are +3 psi and +6 psi. All the other tunes are blocked out. And you're paying the same price which is BS. The CARB legal flashpro should be a lower price in my opinion.
False
on the MT cars a +9 is also available. Yes the options are very limited compare to a RACE FlashPro but you still have a boost table to adjust. Y ou could run 30 psi on it if you wanted but you would have to use the factory timing table. Also has FTS and launch control.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
False
on the MT cars a +9 is also available. Yes the options are very limited compare to a RACE FlashPro but you still have a boost table to adjust. Y ou could run 30 psi on it if you wanted but you would have to use the factory timing table. Also has FTS and launch control.
Oh I see. Well mine was for the 2016 EXT auto transmission and I wanted to do the +6 psi with SRI and it didn't allow me to... Only +3 psi and +6 psi available for me. Kinda mad about that because kseries won't let me exchange it. Soooo stuck with just +6 psi...

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Oh I see. Well mine was for the 2016 EXT auto transmission and I wanted to do the +6 psi with SRI and it didn't allow me to... Only +3 psi and +6 psi available for me. Kinda mad about that because kseries won't let me exchange it. Soooo stuck with just +6 psi...
There's no intakes that is CARB Legal yet. As one get legal, I'm sure they will add it to the calibration list.

If you want to run more boost, you can follow my guide
https://www.civicx.com/threads/how-to-run-24psi-on-cvt-with-flashpro.16787/

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Will your guide work with the CARB flashpro though? So my car is at like 22 psi with the +6 setting, but with your guide it will be 24 psi?
IT should as all the tables are there needed to adjust it

the +6 is usually around 19-20psi

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And you're paying the same price which is BS. The CARB legal flashpro should be a lower price in my opinion.
The CARB FlashPro took many months and a lot of money to develop. Economics would suggest that we should charge more. But we didn't. The CARB FlashPro was tested with different levels of boost - which you have access to change.

You have a MT? Upgrade the clutch and add more boost.

A guiding principle of our company is education. We want our customers and potential costumers to make educated and informed decisions about their upgrades. That is not always easy with the amount of misinformation being spread and held up as fact.

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
The CARB FlashPro took many months and a lot of money to develop. Economics would suggest that we should charge more. But we didn't. The CARB FlashPro was tested with different levels of boost - which you have access to change.

A guiding principle of our company is education. We want our customers and potential costumers to make educated and informed decisions about their upgrades. That is not always easy with the amount of misinformation being spread and held up as fact.
I'm glad y'all are stepping up your game and jumping into the big world of EPA testing and certification. I'm curious to the part of your post where you mentioned "misinformation being spread and held up as fact". Is someone doubting your test results for being carb legal and certified? I could be a potential customer and just want to be educated. Thanks in advance for your response

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T

I have the CVT auto transmission. So all i need to do is select the CARB +6 psi then adjust the calibrations for more boost and hit upload?
Sponsored