Hondata FlashPro is now CARB legal

richd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
Another question since this is a carb unit, I save the changes to a new calibration file after I put a large number in where 124 mph was. It won't let me upload that file with an error message that it's not carb compliant.

I did do an upload after just changing the parameters and it worked but not sure if it took the change or just uploaded the same base map?

Thanks!

richd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
If both criteria are met, the car will be speed limited. Raise this to 6000 rpm and 200 mph.
I set to 7000 and some huge number per the help file . But please see my other question, I did an upload that worked but if I save it and try to upload that saved calibration it fails . So do did the first upload update those parameters? No place to test top end around here so not a huge deal but want to know if it works.

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Another question since this is a carb unit, I save the changes to a new calibration file after I put a large number in where 124 mph was. It won't let me upload that file with an error message that it's not carb compliant.

I did do an upload after just changing the parameters and it worked but not sure if it took the change or just uploaded the same base map?

Thanks!
you are not picking a CARB compliant calibration. When you are picking a new calibration, make sure it says CARB/EPA

richd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
you are not picking a CARB compliant calibration. When you are picking a new calibration, make sure it says CARB/EPA
Well what's the correct work flow then? I made changes to to rev and speed limit, how do I save it to the only two carb compliant maps, can you do that without renaming or creating a new map?

What I did was picked save and gave it a file name. It saved successfully but if I pick that one to upload it fails with the non carb compliant error. I would assume it only changed those two parameters on the carb compliant 6 psi map leaving all else the same no?

Or does it just update the parameters I changed and uploads the base map with the change by not saving and just directly uploading after making the tweak. I.e. I just clicked the up arrow and the upload worked afterwards without saving to a file.

Bu66a

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-T Sedan
Country flag
Does anybody know if the CARB compliant FlashPro still reduces rev hang?

cberau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I'm noticing a pleasant change after running the +6psi non-CARB map. I flashed the +6psi CARB map today and I'm definitely getting much less of the clunkiness at low speed with the CVT. Sometimes I would get a nasty bump while coming to a stop with the non-CARB map and it was sometimes way too touchy in bumper to bumper traffic. The CARB map definitely makes the throttle respond a lot more like stock from a stop or at low speeds. I'll be keeping this map loaded for sure, all the power is still there but with the CVT the CARB map seems to behave a lot more nicely in everyday traffic.

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So if I understand correctly, the CARB legal version limits when you can adjust. So is it possible to get a custom tune with the CARB version but the custom tune itself won't be CARB Compliant? Or will the CARB version only allow me to do Base, +3, +6 and +9 maps which meet CARB Compliance?

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
So if I understand correctly, the CARB legal version limits when you can adjust. So is it possible to get a custom tune with the CARB version but the custom tune itself won't be CARB Compliant? Or will the CARB version only allow me to do Base, +3, +6 and +9 maps which meet CARB Compliance?
you will be only able to run the maps provided and only thing you can adjust is the boost table, speed limiter, launch control , vsa and full throttle shifts.

I guess you could get a custom tune but it would be a waste of money as you can only adjust the boost table

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
I don't think so. You only get base maps.

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you will be only able to run the maps provided and only thing you can adjust is the boost table, speed limiter, launch control , vsa and full throttle shifts.

I guess you could get a custom tune but it would be a waste of money as you can only adjust the boost table
So basically getting the CARB is to stay compliant and more or less stuck with the CARB compliant maps available?

Whereas the nonCARB lets you fine tune settings to get it just "right"?

Do the CARB maps get updated with any improvements/fine tuning over time?

Just trying to figure out which tuner is more suited for my needs. I feel like I'd set it and forget it. Don't intend on running a e85 blend or anything. Probably just the +9 and be done. With this in mind is there any sense in going nonCARB?

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
So basically getting the CARB is to stay compliant and more or less stuck with the CARB compliant maps available?

Whereas the nonCARB lets you fine tune settings to get it just "right"?

Do the CARB maps get updated with any improvements/fine tuning over time?

Just trying to figure out which tuner is more suited for my needs. I feel like I'd set it and forget it. Don't intend on running a e85 blend or anything. Probably just the +9 and be done. With this in mind is there any sense in going nonCARB?
You should get the RACE FlashPro if you want to fine tune your calibration. IF you are worried about being CARB legal than you get the CARB FlashPro. Both units will pass emission test

For USA street vehicles with the CARB FlashPro anything you upload will be compliant. With the race FlashPro, the exact same calibrations are used, but with more adjustable, so if you do not alter them they will not affect emissions. The ECU high/low boost does not affect emissions because we did the CARB FTP test on the higher boost setting.
In any case the short answer is that for USA street vehicles you should be using the CARB FlashPro, and anything you upload will be ok. The EPA does care if the ECU has been reflashed, and do not conduct smog tests - you're confusing the state tests with federal requirements.

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You should get the RACE FlashPro if you want to fine tune your calibration. IF you are worried about being CARB legal than you get the CARB FlashPro. Both units will pass emission test
Thats what I've gathers thus far. Just not sure what exactly you gain from the fine tuning vs the base maps? Are we talking a few hp/ft lbs here and there? Or significant gains?

Ok, so both will pass emissions. But in your next quote "The EPA does (doesnt?) care if the ECU has been reflashed, and do not conduct smog tests - you're confusing state tests with federal requirements".

I'm in California the mother of all CARB due to smog. So running the Race flash would technically pass an emissions test but in order to meet CARB compliance the CARB Edition was made where you cannot possibly adjust any emissions related settings? Thanks for answering my questions @dc2turbo

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Thats what I've gathers thus far. Just not sure what exactly you gain from the fine tuning vs the base maps? Are we talking a few hp/ft lbs here and there? Or significant gains?

Ok, so both will pass emissions. But in your next quote "The EPA does (doesnt?) care if the ECU has been reflashed, and do not conduct smog tests - you're confusing state tests with federal requirements".

I'm in California the mother of all CARB due to smog. So running the Race flash would technically pass an emissions test but in order to meet CARB compliance the CARB Edition was made where you cannot possibly adjust any emissions related settings? Thanks for answering my questions @dc2turbo
if you dont tell them that you have a relfash. they will not know. You can always return the calibration back to stock if you are worried about that.
As for fine tuning, It depends on how much you want to push the limits. you will need someone to tune it. You will get a little to significant gain depending how far you want to push it.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I've been modding my cars for years but am new to flash tuning. I also live in a CA emissions state so I'm interested in this CARB Flashpro. But I have some questions...

Ok, here's the thing, I won't be tracking my car and it's my daily driver. And I keep my cars a long time (7-8 years). I'm kind of concerned about putting too much stress on the CVT as well. But, I'd love more power and driveability for my commute.

Would the CARB version +6 base map make a big difference (using 91 or maybe 89 octane)? I just want a "set and forget" setup. I'm not worried about fine tuning all the different calibrations. Or is it just a waste of $700 and maybe I should just work on modding the suspension?

Your thoughts...
Sponsored