Hondata FlashPro Carb vs Race...open discussion, need advice.

HarleyHellboy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
I have a 2016 Honda Civic EX-L / CVT with 17,000 miles. I have the Mishimoto oil catch can & the Mishimoto Short ram intake. I have been going back and forth on which Hondata FlashPro to purchase. I have been reading a few threads about a few civics going into limp mode because of having a aftermarket intake and some that are completely stock going into limp mode. How safe is the Hondata base map tunes. I am not looking to do anything crazy to my civic, I just need some more “go”. Now the question is like to ask is, would it be safer to put my stock intake back on and just buy the Hondata FlashPro Carb and run the 6+ base map or keep the Mishimoto Intake and buy the Hondata FlashPro Race and run the Hondata FlashPro 6+ Base map tune. I’m looking for a set it and forget it type of tune.

My driving style - I drive like an old man most of the time. I just need some more pep when on the freeway.

I do tend to baby my car. I do my own oil change every 5,000 miles and use Honda Oil Filters with Genuine Ultimate Honda 0w -20 Fully Synthetic. And have been using 91 octane Chevron or 91 octane Shell detergent ever since I bought my car. Never used any lower octane.

I am just worried about the car going into limp mode and pulling all sorts of codes as I have been reading. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any advice is better than no advice
Just beware if you buy a used Hondata. You may get ripped off. It can only be downloaded to one car. It can only be used on another car if the seller completely removed it from his car. Some thieves say they removed it from their car but never did that...so you will get stuck with a worthless Hondata Flash pro. Only buy used from a very good trust worthy friend. This is why I bought new...peace of mind. Just a little more advice.
I would recommend removing your bolt on and put that money towards the flashpro. Like I said the difference in horsepower and torque is like night and day.
Sponsored