Hondata FlashPro +9psi Si

Gerothius777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #318, 2017 Odyssey EX-L RES
Country flag
I originally did the plus 6psi with my SI. Been running the +9psi with the sport button for over a month maybe 2. Have to say it's amazing. When commuting and you need more passing power BAM!!!

Now I don't beat on my car. I take care of it and know what abuse can do to a car. Far from my first rodeo. But for me this mod is great. Awesome response, car can sip or gulp fuel all depending what you want with a push of a button. Quality is great and so is customer service.

I am running 93 octane and experience has been great thus far.
Sponsored

Emig5m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe / 2004 Ford Lightning
Country flag
How does this work? Does the regular driving mode retain the stock tune and then when you press the sport button you get the Hondata tune? Is this a canned tune or does it require a tuner/dyno or do you just buy the flash pro, flash the car, and done? Do you notice a seat of the pants difference and does this remove the top speed limiter?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How does this work? Does the regular driving mode retain the stock tune and then when you press the sport button you get the Hondata tune? Is this a canned tune or does it require a tuner/dyno or do you just buy the flash pro, flash the car, and done? Do you notice a seat of the pants difference and does this remove the top speed limiter?
You can do all of that, just depends on what you want.

OP
OP
Gerothius777

Gerothius777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I Flashed it myself with one of Hondata's pre made tunes. Pretty easy to do.

Yes you feel it immediately. The Si is much quicker than stock and more responsive. No rev hang either.

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Speed limiter removed. Definite seat of the pants difference. The supplied tune operates within Honda's standard parameters for fuel and ignition. At all times with the sport and non sport mode programs you have:
  • Full throttle shifting
  • Real time Adjustable launch limits
  • Reconfiguring the tach to display A/F
Details here:

Pepinho

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've tuned my Si with the +9 psi tuned high basemap that is active all the time and I flipped on the feature that keeps Sport Mode on every time you turn on your car. Then I threw in a catless downpipe and let me tell you this car frikken flyyyys compared to stock. I also have PRL's stage 1 intake and a few street tunings with 93 octane done by my friend Brian. Just turn off the VSA in your car and you're in for a fun time.

Hondata you guys kick ass. The full throttle shifting feature is the best.

Emig5m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'll have to think about it, I might be getting rid of the car. BTW, what's "VSA"? And I was wondering if it was possible to make the steering feeling of sport mode the same as regular with this device so that switching between sport/regular the steering doesn't change? (I don't like the tighter steering in Sport). One of the main things that would hold me off with buying a Hondata is that the clutch also has to be upgraded which I don't think is worth it when I'm on the fence of trading the car in for something else...I've read that the clutch is really week sauce in the SI and even slipping on the dyno even with stock tuning?

Last edited:

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
This tune will eventually eat the stock clutch correct - that is to be expected with increased power output though

Emig5m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This tune will eventually eat the stock clutch correct - that is to be expected with increased power output though
Yea I would probably have to skip the tune then. The price of the Hondata + clutch wouldn't be worth it to me, I'd rather just put the money to better use by trading in on a Mustang GT or Camaro SS and not have to worry about power adders. I'm surprised with how strict they stress test the motor (I read the stress test is 400hrs at 300hp) that the rest of the driveline wouldn't have a little more headroom in it? The clutch really seems like weak sauce to be slipping on a dyno at stock power (or so I've read). I doubt you'll ever hear about a new Mustang GT or Camaro SS's clutch slipping on a dyno, even with some basic bolt ons and tuning... If Honda is about reliability you would think that something as important in the driveline as the clutch would have some built in headroom a little over stock power just for longevity and reliability... I would really have to drive a tuned car to see if I thought the added power was worth the cost of the tuner + clutch....

Last edited:

Pepinho

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea I would probably have to skip the tune then. The price of the Hondata + clutch wouldn't be worth it to me, I'd rather just put the money to better use by trading in on a Mustang GT or Camaro SS and not have to worry about power adders. I'm surprised with how strict they stress test the motor (I read the stress test is 400hrs at 300hp) that the rest of the driveline wouldn't have a little more headroom in it? The clutch really seems like weak sauce to be slipping on a dyno at stock power (or so I've read). I doubt you'll ever hear about a new Mustang GT or Camaro SS's clutch slipping on a dyno, even with some basic bolt ons and tuning... If Honda is about reliability you would think that something as important in the driveline as the clutch would have some built in headroom a little over stock power just for longevity and reliability... I would really have to drive a tuned car to see if I thought the added power was worth the cost of the tuner + clutch....
On the money. The clutch is something I’ll probably have to replace soon, but I’m willing to spend the extra money to keep my Honda. The new Mustangs kick ass. The GT has 440hp from factory. That’s insane!

Also there is no aftermarket direct injection for Honda civics at the moment so our cars are literally incapable of surpassing 300hp or so.

Rockstar08

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI and 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4
Country flag

I promise you stock for stock the Civic clutch will outlast the Mustang clutch!! The manufacturers do not spec parts assuming you as the consumer are going to add more power. They sell to a price point and spec.

Now to your other post you are absolutely incorrect as they are already getting 280HP dyno'd on the Civic just look at a couple of threads. Once a big Turbo kit is available you will see much more and also the motor is also already Direct Injection so not sure what you are talking about there!

OP
OP
Gerothius777

Gerothius777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Clutch does not have to be replaced. You can run the +6psi tune with no issues. I have not had an issue @ 9psi but stock clutches no mater what will begin to fail with more power and abuse. I tend not to beat on my car so I probably will have less issues than some members. The best thing is you don't have to run +6psi or +9psi all the time. Push the button when you need it.

Doc_C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I promise you stock for stock the Civic clutch will outlast the Mustang clutch!! The manufacturers do not spec parts assuming you as the consumer are going to add more power. They sell to a price point and spec.

Now to your other post you are absolutely incorrect as they are already getting 280HP dyno'd on the Civic just look at a couple of threads. Once a big Turbo kit is available you will see much more and also the motor is also already Direct Injection so not sure what you are talking about there!
As far as the clutch comparison goes, you have to keep in mind the power it was designed for and the increase in power we are already getting.

I'm going to be fairly generous in the numbers favoring the conservative side.

Let's say the Si is laying down 190 ft-lbs of torque in stock form, and that going crazy on the tune is getting it to drop 300 ft-lbs. That's essentially a 58% increase in power. Now looking at a stock 5.0 mustang, I found a stock dyno run where it laid down 358 ft-lbs of torque. Now, if you added the same kind of power increase to that car (58%) you'd be running around 565 ft-lbs.... You're going to have clutch problems with any car after that kind of increase in power over stock numbers.

Also, this made me realize what kind of gains we are getting for the $. See if you can make that increase in torque (58%) on any car for around a couple grand.
Sponsored