Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did anybody used the traction control yet with the +6psi tune ?
Sponsored

Shanobix

I just wanna go fast, but save gas
First Name
Shan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
@gtman so how much miles were on the car when you added the tune and how much miles do you have now? I been stuck on this form debating if I should get the carb version . Flash and forget, or get the ktuner and just reflash when needed too...

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I've been tuned for a year and a half. First with the CARB Flashpro, now the V2 KTuner.

IMO, while the CARB Flashpro is a solid device, it's just too limited, especially for almost $500.

On the other hand, if you feel like you want something basic and won't ever tinker, it's fine.

For $449, the KTuner V1.2 gives you many awesome features like the on the fly map switching and many useful tweaks for driveability. Plus it has many more available base tunes. And you still can use it as a set and forget setup if you want.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
@gtman so how much miles were on the car when you added the tune and how much miles do you have now? I been stuck on this form debating if I should get the carb version . Flash and forget, or get the ktuner and just reflash when needed too...
The carb version is best for people in CA. For anyone else, other than the slight cost savings..... doesn't make sense to have a limited version of the product.

Shanobix

First Name
Shan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@gtman damn thats solid. I’m happy to hear :D.

@Micah is the ktuners base maps better than the carb? I am in Cali but I don’t wanna tweak anything rn.

Oh one more thing. My car is still pretty much fresh. Is it a smart thing to flash it sometime soon (I’m impulsive lol) or is it better to wait until it breaks in?

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Cali laws are fucked up and have spot checks on the side of the road, or so I am told.

I would say the +9 Hondata map and the 19/23 ktuner map are pretty close. I would put about 5000 miles on it first just to be sure everything is behaving normally.

Shanobix

First Name
Shan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@Micah fasho. Thanks for the response I appreciate it. I’m gonna do some research until then. Drive safe brotha

Ashxsi

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Sedan si
Country flag
Total noob, when it comes to tuning. I have a a question is there any boxes I need to check or uncheck prior to uploading my tune?Do they need to be messed with? Or just uploading the base map itself will suffice? I uploaded the +6 tune w sport mode on, when the vehicle is turned on. I just purchased flashpro a few weeks ago. This would be my first ever mod. Also just installed my prl Cai intake. The only thing I've messed around with is on the mods tab selecting the prl intake. And unchecking the boost error code, and Rev hang. Any help would be much appreciated.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
^ Sounds golden to me.

One thing you may want to do is run a datalog just to double check your fuel trims.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Total noob, when it comes to tuning. I have a a question is there any boxes I need to check or uncheck prior to uploading my tune?Do they need to be messed with? Or just uploading the base map itself will suffice? I uploaded the +6 tune w sport mode on, when the vehicle is turned on. I just purchased flashpro a few weeks ago. This would be my first ever mod. Also just installed my prl Cai intake. The only thing I've messed around with is on the mods tab selecting the prl intake. And unchecking the boost error code, and Rev hang. Any help would be much appreciated.
Make sure your prl intake is in fact a "race maf" version, if its not then do NOT select the prl intake "mod" in the software. As that is only for the race maf version.

Ashxsi

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Sedan si
Country flag
Make sure your prl intake is in fact a "race maf" version, if its not then do NOT select the prl intake "mod" in the software. As that is only for the race maf version.
Yes my intake Is the race maf.
^ Sounds golden to me.

One thing you may want to do is run a datalog just to double check your fuel trims.
What should Ideak fuel trims look like? I'll run a data log after work today and post back here when I'm done.

On my break this morning I reflashed my vehicle to stock. Uploaded the +6 base map didn't mess. With the calibration settings only checked the box for my prl intake in the mods tab. Will this tune work ok without messing with the calibrations window?

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Yes my intake Is the race maf.

What should Ideak fuel trims look like? I'll run a data log after work today and post back here when I'm done.

On my break this morning I reflashed my vehicle to stock. Uploaded the +6 base map didn't mess. With the calibration settings only checked the box for my prl intake in the mods tab. Will this tune work ok without messing with the calibrations window?
Less than 10% combined trim so 5% ltrim and 5% strim is considered as close to "ideal" as most will get.

Yes it will work fine.

Ashxsi

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Sedan si
Country flag
Less than 10% combined trim so 5% ltrim and 5% strim is considered as close to "ideal" as most will get.

Yes it will work fine.
Sounds good thanks for the reply, Im just trying to get familiar with the hondata platform and tuning over all. Will upload my data logs when ready. Thanks for all the quick responses much appreciated!