Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Love following this thread, great info from you. I'm running the +6 on my Si and love it too.
Thanks for the props. I started the thread because I think a lot of people out there are like me and are wondering if a tune is safe and wondering if it's for them. I hope this helps some people make a decision.

Overall I'm happy with the Flashpro. I am disappointed that us CVT owners don't get something similar to the quick drivability toggles like Ktuner has. Stuff like faster boost ramp and quicker throttle response would help tremendously.
Sponsored

KMui

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T CVT
Country flag
I have my FlashPro on Hondata mode and that mode still feels like it's a little more torquey than the stock flash.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Out of the blue, I got a call from Doug at Hondata. I have to say, it's shocking and amazing that he calls someone who is just a user of his product, but Doug genuinely seems to care about educating Hondata users. Makes me feel good about my decision to buy a Flashpro. :)

As far as our conversation, Doug has some great news for us owners of the base 1.5 turbo (CVT and manual)... :thumbsup:

I can't give out the details but I can say I'm going to be a happy camper and so will you. Not to let the cat out of the bag but expect some cool updates for us down the road. He also told me that they're working hard on a big update to the Hondata app. They won't release it until it's just right but I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Thank you Doug for renewing my faith in Hondata. :bow: Hondata rocks.

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Out of the blue, I got a call from Doug at Hondata. I have to say, it's shocking and amazing that he calls someone who is just a user of his product, but Doug genuinely seems to care about educating Hondata users. Makes me feel good about my decision to buy a Flashpro. :)

As far as our conversation, Doug has some great news for us owners of the base 1.5 turbo (CVT and manual)... :thumbsup:

I can't give out the details but I can say I'm going to be a happy camper and so will you. Not to let the cat out of the bag but expect some cool updates for us down the road. He also told me that they're working hard on a big update to the Hondata app. They won't release it until it's just right but I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Outstanding, great to hear.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

:goodpost:you sir have made my day. :bow: do we have a timeline, or is that under wraps also:hmm:

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Doug said he didn't want to guarantee a date. They need to test things and get it just right before releasing it to users. I'm excited and just glad to know Hondata is working on stuff for us base 1.5 turbo non-Si owners. Si and Type R can't get all the love. ;)

jrschultz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Manual
Country flag
Doug said he didn't want to guarantee a date. They need to test things and get it just right before releasing it to users. I'm excited and just glad to know Hondata is working on stuff for us base 1.5 turbo non-Si owners. Si and Type R can't get all the love. ;)
Did Doug confirm if the updates will be both for the carb and race version? I'm currently on the fence between getting the Hondata Carb, Race, or Ktuner V1.2. I have a manual, so I would like the ease of turning off rev hang by a quick enable. KTuner has that, but I'm not sure if Hondata Carb has that option.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
He said most of the new features should make it into the CARB as well as Race. As far as rev hang removal, I believe that's already in the Race Flashpro. It's an emissions thing so it won't be available in the CARB version.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've been switching back and forth between aFe and AEM performance dry filters and both perform equally well. A nice improvement over stock. Today, I switched out the OEM stock rubber intake hose for the PRL silicone one and took it out for a drive.

I'm happy to report there was a noticeable difference. Most notably throttle response. Definitely improved, especially in the mid RPM meat of the powerband. Highway cruising MPG seems slightly better. I noticed a slight drop in city MPG but I honestly think it was just me accelerating more than normal. As far as sound, no real difference I could detect, but I never went WOT.

Thumbs up on the hose. Nice little mod for $43 (I got 5% off using code "civicx") and it looks good too.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Really appreciate this lengthy review you’ve done. I’ve been running the +9 tune since august of last year and it has been great. Ktuner keeps throwing out updates that makes me want to make the switch but hopefully Hondata can keep up. I’m happy with the flashpro but they have some catching up to do.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. Right now the Flashpro feels really limited for us guys with the base 1.5.

Ktuner seems to come out with a new feature a month for the base 1.5. New tunes, new features, new driveability mods, etc... it's very impressive. Based on my talk with Doug they are actively working on some stuff (no clue when we will actually see it) but at some point I might consider making the switch. Hopefully, people will give feedback here and at the Hondata forums. Maybe that will light a fire and get things moving on some new stuff for the FlashPro. I don't think Hondata realizes that a lot of 1.5 CVT and manual owners (non-Si) feel abandoned by the company and that's not good. Not good at all. Especially considering we've spend $500-700 on their product.

This is in no way meant to bash Hondata. Flashpro is a good product but the feature set and updates for the base 1.5 (not Si) are somewhat lacking.

Last edited:

jrschultz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Manual
Country flag
Really appreciate this lengthy review you’ve done. I’ve been running the +9 tune since august of last year and it has been great. Ktuner keeps throwing out updates that makes me want to make the switch but hopefully Hondata can keep up. I’m happy with the flashpro but they have some catching up to do.
I'm on the fence between using the +9 or +6 tune. Have you noticed any clutch slip with the +9 tune? You'd be a good person to answer, because you said you've been on the +9 for almost a year.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm on the fence between using the +9 or +6 tune. Have you noticed any clutch slip with the +9 tune? You'd be a good person to answer, because you said you've been on the +9 for almost a year.
When I first flashed it I noticed some slipping in the mid to high rpm range. After about two weeks it went away and now I have no issues, seems like the clutch needed broken in a little :drive:

The +9 seems to drive smoother compared to the +6 also which is nice.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
After a couple days using the AEM Dryflow and PRL intake hose combo, there's no doubt my car drives better. Throttle response is noticeably improved and power delivery seems smoother. For $85 total, it's a nice alternative to an SRI and probably better than one because SRI's heat soak like crazy. The only thing this combo doesn't do is give you much extra sound. But that works for me. :)

SilverXHatch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Civic X Hatchback EX
So I get the extra power of the +6 when I need it and sometimes I get this...

20180601_085019_HDR.jpg
So is it the tune that is getting you the super high mpg? I have a CVT hatch and I’m considering a tune and if it’s going to take me from 35mpg to 45+ for regular commuting, I’ll at least break even on going to premium gas from regular and get the awesome performance boosts. But if you were somehow getting that mpg before (and now after the tune) I just wanna know how!
Sponsored