First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just installed the +6 Hondata on my 18 Sport Touring Hatchback and I noticed that the econ mode no longer made the AC power lower and acceleration pedal stiffer.

I just want econ to remain econ and "non-econ" to be the +6, mapping, ac and all.

If I understand correctly if I do NOT click the box {Econ-button Boost Hondata enabled} in the settings then the econ mode will be unchanged from it's original map/calibration. econ will stay econ and "non-econ" will be +6.

If I do click the box {Econ-button Boost "Hondata" enabled} then the econ mode will cease to exist and the new "econ" setting will be stock "non econ" and the actual "non econ" will be +6.

I installed the +6 without selecting {Econ-button Boost Hondata enabled}, but the AC unit does not change in econ/non econ mode. Prior to flashing the car the econ mode would lessen the power of my AC as well as give me more resistance on the gas pedal.

Could you give me an idea of what's going on and if I have it right?

tl;dr I'd like Econ Mode to remain Econ Mode and the "non-Econ" to be +6
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Here's how it works (basically you have it backwards)...

If you don't toggle the Hondata mode box, Econ will still be your +6 tune but will have some characteristics of the stock Econ mode.

If you toggle the Hondata mode box, that will basically be the factory Econ tune. Reduced A/C output and reduced throttle response included.

So, if you want the Econ button to be the economy tune, toggle Hondata mode in your tune setup.