Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.calraceway.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will there be dyno results posted on the different models that got tested? Interested in the hatch and 27 won exhaust.
I think most people kept their Dyno sheets. I hope they post them up.
Sponsored

zerogravity

Just for fun.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.calraceway.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
just a thing to keep in mind when you look at dyno numbers from shawn church. The numbers from their dyno are super inflated so take the actual numbers as a grain of salt lol.
Great tool when your trying to compare before/after of the gains from mods or from stock to modified but if your looking for straight numbers, their dyno can be a bit misleading.

S2000s on their dyno like 230whp when on most other dynos they would have like 200 lol.
Yep.. They are a little enthusiastic. I been going to church almost 15 years. I don't really plan on going to any other tuner so as long as I keep going to him, you are right, I can keep track of my improvements. The end result number is not as important as how much I have gained imo.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Hondata included a baseline from their stock Si (and I believe their EX-T). Around 205 HP & 230 TQ at the hubs. Dynapacks are incredibly accurate but can never really measure "true" WHP/WTQ. Not unless the tuner enters a correction value based on each platform's wheel/tire weight.

Many simply enter a generic value based on the average rotational mass across platforms. But it won't account for performance variances should the owner swap to a lighter/heavier package. I suspect this is why Church opts to measure at the hubs vs. adding a generic correction. A stock Si/Sport loses around 8-9% between the hubs & tires due to the 28 lb wheel. A bit less on the EX-T.

For those wanting a more technical explanation, member sponaugle does a decent job summarizing the variances across dynos/approaches.
https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=873912

Happy reading. :cool:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Yep.. They are a little enthusiastic. I been going to church almost 15 years. I don't really plan on going to any other tuner so as long as I keep going to him, you are right, I can keep track of my improvements. The end result number is not as important as how much I have gained imo.
definitely. I agree, the gains are the most important part. He's local to me so I've been to church a few times and some of my friends has used his service to tune cars.

Hondata included a baseline from their stock Si (and I believe their EX-T). Around 205 HP & 230 TQ at the hubs. Dynapacks are incredibly accurate but can never really measure "true" WHP/WTQ. Not unless the tuner enters a correction value based on each platform's wheel/tire weight.
your right. So it's technically hub hp and whp when you do a church dyno.
Dyno's in the end are just a tuning tool. I'm just mentioning it out here so other users on this forum doesn't see the numbers and wonder why they dyno for much less, etc.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Barett and I had a great time at the event. It was so much fun and blew our expectations. It was a great first event for us and we were so happy to officially launch the brand at the event. You guys were all so accepting of what we want to bring the 10th gen community and were super excited for the goodies we have in the pipeline. You all just assured me even more and made the fire inside me even stronger. 2018 is going to be such a huge year and we have so much in store for all 10th gen Civic's. Huge Thanks to @Hondata for putting on this event and @zerogravity for helping things running smoothly. I'm ready for the next one. ;)

zerogravity

Just for fun.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.calraceway.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Barett and I had a great time at the event. It was so much fun and blew our expectations. It was a great first event for us and we were so happy to officially launch the brand at the event. You guys were all so accepting of what we want to bring the 10th gen community and were super excited for the goodies we have in the pipeline. You all just assured me even more and made the fire inside me even stronger. 2018 is going to be such a huge year and we have so much in store for all 10th gen Civic's. Huge Thanks to @Hondata for putting on this event and @zerogravity for helping things running smoothly. I'm ready for the next one. ;)
Great meeting you finally Vincent! I have some ideas i was talking to Barett about. So very promising for our platform from you guys. I can't wait to see them when they come out!
Sponsored