PDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type-R 2007 Civic Si 2007 Element SC
Country flag
IMG_20180316_220325_680.jpg

Anyone with some answers?!?!
Just saw this, I wonder if this is a way to get a tune and keep warranty valid? Might have to make a quick trip down to Austin!

OP
OP
Jrchris1

Jrchris1

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R 2001 Honda S2000
Country flag
Just saw this, I wonder if this is a way to get a tune and keep warranty valid? Might have to make a quick trip down to Austin!
i wonder too...im asking my local dealership tmrw

Meat Hammer

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CBP Civic Type R #1464
Country flag
i wonder too...im asking my local dealership tmrw
Hell yeah! First Texas Honda was awesome to buy from, I got my CTR from them last July for $2,500 ADM (when basically every other TX dealer wanted $10K+ ADM last summer). Not surprised that they may have found a way to keep the Honda factory warranty while adding Hondata goodness. I’ll ask the guy I worked with if he knows anything about this FlashPro business.

OP
OP
Jrchris1

Jrchris1

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hell yeah! First Texas Honda was awesome to buy from, I got my CTR from them last July for $2,500 ADM (when basically every other TX dealer wanted $10K+ ADM last summer). Not surprised that they may have found a way to keep the Honda factory warranty while adding Hondata goodness. I’ll ask the guy I worked with if he knows anything about this FlashPro business.
yesss please let me kno the details...cause if my local dealer is not on board ill easily take a trip over there

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
A few dealers nationwide have been offering the reflash.

I just don't know if they limit you to the something mild like +3 PSI base tune.

Last edited:

Meat Hammer

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My contact at First Texas Honda should know more about all this from the master tech Monday, I’ll post as soon as he gets back to me. :thumbsup:

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
There is no way Honda would officially endorse this. Think about it--if you were Honda, and your engine team completed thousands of hours of testing, international emissions certifications, durability testing, would you then let some other guy modify your engine parameters and still certify the durability and reliability of the system? Hell no. More likely the dealership is counting on Hondata to provide the backing for their product.

kpohanka

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 HPD CR-Z - 2005 CBR1000RR - 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
As a multi franchise dealer I am telling you from experience that any ECU modification puts your manufacturer warranty in jeopardy. It stands true that the manufacturer must "prove" "cause" of failure, but that is only in the event you want to take them to court. Needless to say, HMC has a pretty stout legal team so good luck with that one.

That being said, a dealer can elect to provide similar coverage as we did when we sold VW tunes. If anybody came in with tune related issues, we would cover the cost. Although it was very rare and usually something simple. In the event your engine goes boom, you would require something in writing. If they do not have a party-signed warranty contract when you come in to get the tune, assume it doesn't exist.

As I have personally tried to get a performance division at our store I can tell you Honda will not endorse 3rd party tunes. That is, unless something has changed from about 2 years ago.

Meat Hammer

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here's the latest message from my dealer at First Texas Honda:

"Spoke to the tech. We can do the Type R. Doesn't void your warranty. Program comes out on the 30th" (I am assuming March).

I live in California now. :( You local Texans should investigate this more deeply and call / email / visit with the techs. I too don't understand how this doesn't breach Honda's warranty. Then again, First Texas Honda is literally the OG of all TX dealerships and seems to have connections with corporate and a solid reputation of customer support. I'm hoping for something similar to how Ford Performance installs and warranties certain Mountune packages via Cobb Accessport.

EDIT: forgot what month we're in lawl

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jrchris1

Jrchris1

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here's the latest message from my dealer at First Texas Honda:

"Spoke to the tech. We can do the Type R. Doesn't void your warranty. Program comes out on the 30th" (I am assuming April).

I live in California now. :( You local Texans should investigate this more deeply and call / email / visit with the techs. I too don't understand how this doesn't breach Honda's warranty. Then again, First Texas Honda is literally the OG of all TX dealerships and seems to have connections with corporate and a solid reputation of customer support. I'm hoping for something similar to how Ford Performance installs and warranties certain Mountune packages via Cobb Accessport.
thanks.im in san antonio and spoke with my local dealer but they dont really seem to know much if anything and the service advisor response kinda was like he didnt care for it much lol..soo ill call this dealership in austin and if i need to get stuff in writing i will be happy to make a trip up there

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Ugh, not going to spend the time or vacation days to make a 200 mile trip to Austin but it's nice that there is that option if I can't find a Dallas tuner to dyno-tune my FK8 if I ever get around to doing something like that.

BlackCTR

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Is this for real?

I live in Jax, Fl. However I would not be opposed to making a drive to get a dealer approved tune. But my question is this, if something were to happen and I needed warranty work would I have to go to that specific dealership to get the work done or would I still be covered at any honda dealer?
Sponsored