Hondata app on headunit constantly disconnecting / address limit

1. elmerzasty

elmerzasty Member

Car(s):
    FK8
    Hi,

I just got my FlashPro and I must say I am amazed by the multitude of tuning settings.

However I am not able to work out two issues:

1) Limit BT access - I have specified two BT MAC addresses in the FlashPro Manager (my PC's and the cars headunit's), but I can still connect to the FlashPro from my iPhone. Is there a trick a procedure make this access restriction feature work? I would really like not to have my FlashPro publicly accessible. Changing the PIN does not really make a difference in security since some connections don't even ask for PIN.

2) Connection dropping - my Hondata mobile app on the headunit connects every time without any problems but it keeps dropping the connection after a random period of time (couple of minutes). Is says "connection lost" and when that happens, it does not reconnect automatically, I have to back out to main screen and select the device from the list. I suspect this may be a headunit issue more than Hondata, but perhaps someone already experienced this and worked it out?

My setup is:
    - 2017 euro FK8
    - Hondahack 5.0.10
    - Hondata Mobile app V1.5
    - FlashPro manager V3.4.2

2. OP
    elmerzasty

elmerzasty Member

Car(s):
    FK8
    FWIW - I figured out that this was caused by the Auto-Start Stop system (US cars don't have, I think). Turning off ASS solved the disconnection problem.