Hondata +9 and Cruise Control

waxonwaxoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 Turbo Prestige MT
Country flag
Hey guys,
If I remember correctly, around this time last year I took a road trip with the +6 map and had no problems with the ACC but now with the +9 map the acceleration is no longer as smooth as it used to be. I live in the middle of London so I hardly ever get a chance to use cruise control but I will try and test without a map and with the +6 map to see if anything changes.

In the mean time, has anyone else experienced jerky acceleration during cruise control when the car is loaded with a tune?
Sponsored

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys,
If I remember correctly, around this time last year I took a road trip with the +6 map and had no problems with the ACC but now with the +9 map the acceleration is no longer as smooth as it used to be. I live in the middle of London so I hardly ever get a chance to use cruise control but I will try and test without a map and with the +6 map to see if anything changes.

In the mean time, has anyone else experienced jerky acceleration during cruise control when the car is loaded with a tune?
More then likely its due to turbo lag, and the ACC not being calibrated to the tune. Its still trying to accelerate as if its stock but the engine is running tuned.

OP
OP
waxonwaxoff

waxonwaxoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
More then likely its due to turbo lag, and the ACC not being calibrated to the tune. Its still trying to accelerate as if its stock but the engine is running tuned.
Okay this makes sense, do you know if there is any way to remedy this or am I stuck between having ACC or my tune?

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Okay this makes sense, do you know if there is any way to remedy this or am I stuck between having ACC or my tune?
Custom dyno tune, or a headunit hack youd need a professional tho, if you mess up radars are a tricky bastard

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Huh? Turbo lag? The +9/+6 reduces turbo lag. As for the cruise not being "calibrated" for a tune... The PCM requests a speed from the ECU and the ECU makes the engine do what is required. Since when you tune you reflash the ECU that's not the issue. And why even mention reflashing the head unit? That has literally nothing to do with how the engine reacts to anything.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I'd look at the throttle sensitivity if adjustable. You want to keep it conservative, in order to prevent surging under light load.

OP
OP
waxonwaxoff

waxonwaxoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Huh? Turbo lag? The +9/+6 reduces turbo lag. As for the cruise not being "calibrated" for a tune... The PCM requests a speed from the ECU and the ECU makes the engine do what is required. Since when you tune you reflash the ECU that's not the issue. And why even mention reflashing the head unit? That has literally nothing to do with how the engine reacts to anything.
It is defintely not turbo lag or anything to do with the headunit, I agree. Im not entirely sure how the ECU works but to me it seems like when on cruise control the ECU 'forgets' that its running a map and engages the throttle a little too much.

I'd look at the throttle sensitivity if adjustable. You want to keep it conservative, in order to prevent surging under light load.
I'm assuming this is in the Flashpro software? Thanks for the head up, I will try and find this setting and experiment with it.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Just keep using it. It will calm down with allowing the car to learn its over accelerating with the new tables.

Rayzorman1

I bleed Honda red.......
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Touring Hatchback, 2019 Type R. 2021 CRV Black Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s because you disabled rev hang. Known issue with Hondata. Still no fix to the best of my knowledge and is annoying as fuggg

OP
OP
waxonwaxoff

waxonwaxoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It’s because you disabled rev hang. Known issue with Hondata. Still no fix to the best of my knowledge and is annoying as fuggg
An update on the Flash Pro software has fixed this for me. Just thought I'd post this information for anyone else having this issue.

K1utch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic EX-T Manual Coupe, 94 Civic Si HatchBack
Country flag
Can confirm that the most recent updates to my FlashPro seem to have fixed the Cruise Control issue, it no longer disengages on it's own on long drives :)

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
that doesnt sound right mate. i jnow when i disabled revhang on my fp it made the car act a littke strange

OP
OP
waxonwaxoff

waxonwaxoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Reviving an old thread...

I had actually updated the software and flashed the ECU to the +6 tune regarding my last post saying the problem was fixed. Recently I have flashed back to the +9 base tune and the problem I had originally described is still there. So I guess I'm stuck between having the extra power or being able to use the ACC.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or maybe someone from Hondata can chime in on this problem.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
Reviving an old thread...

I had actually updated the software and flashed the ECU to the +6 tune regarding my last post saying the problem was fixed. Recently I have flashed back to the +9 base tune and the problem I had originally described is still there. So I guess I'm stuck between having the extra power or being able to use the ACC.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or maybe someone from Hondata can chime in on this problem.
Make sure you use the latest hondata version. Also you may want to ask hondata directly.
Sponsored