First Name
Willi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Hey guys,

I wonder if anyone try this already, or if someone can make an educated guess of what would happen.

The Hondata 27WON turbo calibration have a target boost of 28.5 psi, while the regular +9psi calibration running around 25psi.

Do you think the stock turbo can benefit from this calibration?

And also what would happend if i also use the PRL race MAF mods on 27WON CAI, knowing the 27WON MAF actually slightly smaller compare to stock MAF.

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sly_Si

Sly_Si

First Name
Willi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
No. Please no.

I'd say that both of these ideas are terrible but using the PRL Race MAF housing mod with anything other than the PRL Race MAF housing is probably the worst.
Ow, thanks bro.. i was just curious..

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey guys,

I wonder if anyone try this already, or if someone can make an educated guess of what would happen.

The Hondata 27WON turbo calibration have a target boost of 28.5 psi, while the regular +9psi calibration running around 25psi.

Do you think the stock turbo can benefit from this calibration?

And also what would happend if i also use the PRL race MAF mods on 27WON CAI, knowing the 27WON MAF actually slightly smaller compare to stock MAF.

Thanks!
It's not a target of 28.5, 265kPa is an absolute value so your target ends up being 24. The tune had me scratching my head cuz the sweet spot on the W1 is 24 to 29psi. Long story short you need a custom tune still, but the map is good to drive on until you can get it done

OP
OP
Sly_Si

Sly_Si

First Name
Willi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
It's not a target of 28.5, 265kPa is an absolute value so your target ends up being 24. The tune had me scratching my head cuz the sweet spot on the W1 is 24 to 29psi. Long story short you need a custom tune still, but the map is good to drive on until you can get it done
Thanks, but my question is "if i am using OEM turbo, will it be safe to use W1 tune"

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
Thanks, but my question is "if i am using OEM turbo, will it be safe to use W1 tune"
I'd have to look at it more closely and compare the two but reality is you'd probably lose power and or really strain the stock turbo.
Not to be a dick but if you're asking these kinda questions I would highly recommend using the +6 or +9 OTS map, the +9 designed for 91 pump gas. If you're running full bolt ons you can do an e-tune with DRobb over at IMW, since Vit is gone and he's been doing a lot of kick ass work with the CivicX and it's not ridiculously expensive either. I've seen his work on another tenth gen and it was spot on

OP
OP
Sly_Si

Sly_Si

First Name
Willi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I'd have to look at it more closely and compare the two but reality is you'd probably lose power and or really strain the stock turbo.
Not to be a dick but if you're asking these kinda questions I would highly recommend using the +6 or +9 OTS map, the +9 designed for 91 pump gas. If you're running full bolt ons you can do an e-tune with DRobb over at IMW, since Vit is gone and he's been doing a lot of kick ass work with the CivicX and it's not ridiculously expensive either. I've seen his work on another tenth gen and it was spot on
Yeah i'm agree with you. I have TSP stage 1 tune right now, and really happy with it
Sponsored