Hondapartsnetwork Parts catalog is updated with Civic Si

sev1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Honda Accord V6 6sp
Country flag
Doesn't appear to have the dual-axis strut from the Type-R :(
Maybe that gets released when the Type R does? I'm guessing it would be more of a Type-R part and not an Si part.
Sponsored

sev1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Honda Accord V6 6sp
Country flag
Shifter appears to be the same. I'm kind of worried as I saw a few reviews that says the Civic shifter isn't among the top Honda ones. Unfortunate as they make some great ones. I'll reserve judgement till I try it.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i wonder if $334 is worth the 11.1in to 12.3in rotor size increase, you think there will be a good increase in braking performance
Probably just depends on if you are doing any significant spirited driving and/or autocross/track stuff.

xxxx1017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX Hatch ISM
Shifter appears to be the same. I'm kind of worried as I saw a few reviews that says the Civic shifter isn't among the top Honda ones. Unfortunate as they make some great ones. I'll reserve judgement till I try it.
I thought I read that it is short throw? Unless if they consider all Civic shifters "short throw"

OP
OP
derbo904

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
i wonder if $334 is worth the 11.1in to 12.3in rotor size increase, you think there will be a good increase in braking performance
Calipers have a different part number for the piston so I believe they are different. Brake pad set has a different part number too. I'm assuming the pad surface area is larger to benefit from the larger rotor diameter.

Don't forget you need to order the rotors too. 2x Rotors, 1 L caliper, 1 R Caliper, 1 Brake Pad set.

IMO, you are better off getting different brake compounds to change what you want to achieve with your brakes. The extra cost + extra unsprung weight may not be worth it unless you are seriously tracking but at that point, a big brake kit with multi-pistons and a floating caliper would be better. CTR upgrade? :)

sev1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Honda Accord V6 6sp
Country flag
It's only 1.1 inches linear, but its roughly 23% greater surface area. Not an exact number because the actual braking surface might vary depending on the hub size. Hard to say whether it will matter or not but I'd rather have more than less in this case.

Reactions: HBK

sev1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Honda Accord V6 6sp
Country flag
I thought I read that it is short throw? Unless if they consider all Civic shifters "short throw"
Same here that's why I went to check part numbers. Unless I read it wrong, it looks to be the same. I think this is the biggest disappointment to me. Was hoping for a different transmission with a real short throw shifter.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
No, my friend's ILX 2.4 had the Si brakes compared to my car, and braking performance is a complete toss up on everyday trips.

If I had to do something with the brakes, I'd go for the drilled rotors accessory anyway for style points.

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Yeah i have the 6speed in my sport hatch

The shifting feel leaves a bit to be desired.

OP
OP
derbo904

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
No, my friend's ILX 2.4 had the Si brakes compared to my car, and braking performance is a complete toss up on everyday trips.

If I had to do something with the brakes, I'd go for the drilled rotors accessory anyway for style points.
I'm waiting for an aftermarket pad with a better bite.

PirelliPZero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EJ6, CBR
Along with the larger size, I like that the Si rotors are also the new "inverted hat" type, with air vents on the outside of the rotor hat. This is the same concept as Mugen's "Active Gate" rotors.

Mugen rotors:
Honda Civic 10th gen Hondapartsnetwork Parts catalog is updated with Civic Si ActiveGate_01
Honda Civic 10th gen Hondapartsnetwork Parts catalog is updated with Civic Si rotordesign

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i want those seats :cool:
Sponsored