Honda website updated with 2016 Civic models preview

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
EXT gets the EXL rims and is that's the other blue we have not seen yet?

OP
OP
RobbJK88

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
EXT gets the EXL rims and is that's the other blue we have not seen yet?
I think that's the Aegean blue...

Now below the main header of the site where it starts to list key features, that MIGHT be the Cosmic blue... it does look darker than the Aegean, but it also might just be bad color editing.

Shortbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Fit Blue Sensation
Cosmic blue is supposed to be pretty dark so I think that's Aegean Blue but highly edited.

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
why is the 450 watt stereo not an option on the ex-t?
Because Honda doesn't really have options, they have trim levels. This reduces manufacturing complexity, cuts costs, and improves quality.

If you've owned GM, Ford, or Chrysler, you might have experienced some of the quality problems that the Detroit big three have had in part because they offer, with options, hundreds of thousands of potential combinations for each major vehicle they produce.

Bottom line: if you need the 450-watt, get the Touring. If that doesn't work for you, you'll need to look at a Ford, GM, or other product.

The slight trade offs involved with trim levels are worth it to get Honda's quality, reliability, and value imho.

AndreaCristiano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
Because Honda doesn't really have options, they have trim levels. This reduces manufacturing complexity, cuts costs, and improves quality.

If you've owned GM, Ford, or Chrysler, you might have experienced some of the quality problems that the Detroit big three have had in part because they offer, with options, hundreds of thousands of potential combinations of for each major vehicle they produce.
Thats really untrue all car manufactures have the same. Trim levels, not many options with the detroit big three

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
Thats really untrue all car manufactures have the same. Trim levels, not many options with the detroit big three
For a Chevy Cruze, for instance, there are both trim levels and options. Honda skips the options, which as mentioned cuts complexity, lowers costs, and increases quality.

AndreaCristiano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
For a Chevy Cruze, for instance, there are both trim levels and options. Honda skips the options, which as mentioned cuts complexity, lowers costs, and increases quality.
Options? They're are minimal options for a Cruze just like the civic most are accessories. Or packaged items. Yes Honda basically has none but the other automakers do not have as many as you make it seem

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
Options? They're are minimal options for a Cruze just like the civic most are accessories. Or packaged items. Yes Honda basically has none but the other automakers do not have as many as you make it seem
It used to be that the big three offered huge numbers of combinations. Probably influenced by Honda, they've simplified things a bit over the years, but they still have many more combinations than you can get with a Honda. Honda, in the meantime, has been moving the other direction. Back in 1978, I think the Accord, then offered only in a hatchback, had two trim levels: base and "luxury" LX. By c. 1990, iirc Civic and Accord had three trim levels: DX, LX, and EX. In the last ten years they've dropped the stripper DX models, which didn't even have AC, and they've added a new top of the line Touring. Plus with the new turbo we've got the EX-T trim. Finally, Honda Sensing is the one option they allow. And so Honda has expanded it's own system over the years to give people more choices: LX, EX, EX-T, EXL, EXL Navi, and Touring.

But that 450-watt stereo you want, which I would pick too for my possible future 2016 Civic EX-T, is not possible.

I had a discussion online with someone c. 3 years ago who said, more or less "If Honda doesn't give me the exact combination of Accord I want I'm buying a Ford! It's that simple!"

I said, "Enjoy your Ford. Let us know how that works out for you for quality, reliability, performance, mpg, resale value, etc." As a former Ford owner who suffered through c. 15 recalls and other quality problems with a 2000 Ford Focus, I kinda had some experience.

He was annoyed, and finally said he didn't want to buy a Ford, he wanted a Honda, and I think he bought one even with the slight compromise it involved for him.

OP
OP
RobbJK88

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pretty sure the EX-T gets the 8 speaker sound system (2 more than my coupes 6 speaker now) but i am a bit bummed that they opted for 2 more tweeters instead of keeping the 1 sub woofer that the EX models up to this point have always gotten with the current 350watt 7 speaker setup. (though i can't really complain too much about my 6 speaker system, it does pretty well, even without a dedicated sub)

Honestly, the EX-T has everything i've always wanted without the added leather from the EXL... larger wheels, better engine, sunroof, fog lights. Its like the best combo of the EX and EXL models combined.

AndreaCristiano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
I see the logic, but to me the ex is the biggest seller thats the trim level that most people purchase it should have had that stereo, more people want the stereo than the other crap on the touring

AndreaCristiano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
It used to be that the big three offered huge numbers of combinations. Probably influenced by Honda, they've simplified things a bit over the years, but they still have many more combinations than you can get with a Honda. Honda, in the meantime, has been moving the other direction. Back in 1978, I think the Accord, then offered only in a hatchback, had two trim levels: base and "luxury" LX. By c. 1990, iirc Civic and Accord had three trim levels: DX, LX, and EX. In the last ten years they've dropped the stripper DX models, which didn't even have AC, and they've added a new top of the line Touring. Plus with the new turbo we've got the EX-T trim. Finally, Honda Sensing is the one option they allow. And so Honda has expanded it's own system over the years to give people more choices: LX, EX, EX-T, EXL, EXL Navi, and Touring.

But that 450-watt stereo you want, which I would pick too for my possible future 2016 Civic EX-T, is not possible.

I had a discussion online with someone c. 3 years ago who said, more or less "If Honda doesn't give me the exact combination of Accord I want I'm buying a Ford! It's that simple!"

I said, "Enjoy your Ford. Let us know how that works out for you for quality, reliability, performance, mpg, resale value, etc." As a former Ford owner who suffered through c. 15 recalls and other quality problems with a 2000 Ford Focus, I kinda had some experience.

He was annoyed, and finally said he didn't want to buy a Ford, he wanted a Honda, and I think he bought one even with the slight compromise it involved for him.
Just to clarify some american brands actually do well in quality now

http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/2015-vehicle-dependability-study
Sponsored