Honda Reveals 2017 Civic Si Coupe and Sedan (205 HP / 192 LB-FT)

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Our last chance is that this engine throws the same numbers at the wheels in a normal reading dyno.
That truly is ~240hp/tq

JrHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Well I feel better about my hatchback sport model now seeing the gap isn't that big and mines cost 3 grand less tune and am good for some si booty jk the car has way nicer things probably drives even better....I say give it a chance from the little that I know Honda has never been big on power numbers but people love them..i came from a 420hp car and I love my hatch so don't let the power fool you...

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
What do y'all think about it stating the Civic Si would have remote start? That'll be first manual with remote start.

Honestly, if it turned out to be underrated and really be 220HP that would be enough to sate most people.

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
Country flag
Same here.. Got tired of waiting and their not including features I want. Styling is okay for today, but its not the normal neutral old school Honda that will last the test of time, in few years it will remind you of a Juke.

Ended up buying a used 2008 Acura TL V6. Loving the styling, features, power, etc etc.. Maybe Honda is making room for a new model between Si and R, the suppose mini-NSX or S1000.... wake me up when they get something more interesting out in the market.

If your still interested in the Civic, best buy by far is EX-T for 19K manual.

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
I have 198 hp in my 8th gen, and in my humble opinion looks better than the 10th, no need to make payments to gain 7hp, I`ll keep my current SI.
I too have a Mugen 8th and if it wasn't for the R I'd be keeping it too!

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
I'm glad Honda didn't feel it needed to compete with the other manufacturers on HP figures. If this thing weighs less than a Fiesta ST, (its already lighter than the Focus ST), the power figures are more than enough to keep it fun, and just as fast as the ford hot hatch line up (minus the RS). Now just keep the pricing around 22,000~ and I think it wont do too bad, remember the Si was never a volume seller, this car only exists because the base civics are selling really well.

I wish they would release the gear ratios soon, and also i wish the torque and power curves didnt start dying down after 5500RPM...that feeling of tapering down power in the higher RPM totally kills the driving experience, especially in a car with an Si badge.

With all that said...if someone really wants this car but the HP figures are turning them away...I bet tuners will be able to get 250 out of this with just a tune and and a 3" down pipe lol
Surely will get to mid 200s with just a tune. That is the nice thing of turbo cars.
But it would be better if the car already came with 250 from the factory and with a tune gets even closer to Type Rs numbers.

Xyrex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 Honda Prelude
Man the comments are brutal. Firstly, I'm guessing this engine will be underrated from the factory as has been common this generation. Also a ECU flash tune from Hondata and you'll probably be sitting at ~240hp/220lb-ft