Country flag
Last edited:

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
Other sources, e.g., this one, suggest there's a typo in those specs and the real number for the LX 6MT should be 2,742 lbs leaving weight difference +9 lbs for CVT.
Ah, it looks like there's a typo on the page I linked to. It says 2472. They must have flipped the numbers. Bummer. I suddenly got very excited about prospect of the new coupe weighing in the same range as my old 1992 Civic sedan, but with a 2.0T motor.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag

BakedTuna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic Si EP3
The engine plant is in Anna OH. As for the delay from March to the car being released in the fall might have something to do with when they start a new model of engine they do not go straight into full blown big production numbers. They will start with smaller batches to get all line workers comfortable with their assigned jobs a little bit at a time. This also give them time to get the kinks worked out of their assembly line. Will take a couple of months before they are ready to for regular production numbers. Being able to crank out hundreds of engines every shift requires time to perfect the process.

limitedslip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Si coupe, 13 Si coupe, 10 Si Coupe
Ah ok. I was gonna say that's huge!
Huge Typo !!
Just wondering ... any weight saving on the new Type R over the current Euro platform that's a bit porky
at around 3200lbs, would be huge for the Nburg laptimes, in addition to the independent rear suspension setup !!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Of course I haven't heard yet, but I'd expect the new one to be just a touch heavier actually just because the new one is on the world civic platform- vs the current TypeR which is on a Fit platform apparently.
I believe the new TypeR will have independent rear suspension due to the fact that the CivicX sedan has IRS.

dirtybird222

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 STI, 1994 Accord Chumpcar
Kind of sounds like some truth. I know it doesn't hold much weight because dealerships. But while shopping for a Pilot/Odyssey for the wife I was asking if they would have any 9th gen Si models coming in or if they stopped production (still interested in picking one up, love them). Same response from all four dealerships. "We were told we wouldn't receive any more Si Civics until March/April."

Tegster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Integra (Tafetta White)
Kind of sounds like some truth. I know it doesn't hold much weight because dealerships. But while shopping for a Pilot/Odyssey for the wife I was asking if they would have any 9th gen Si models coming in or if they stopped production (still interested in picking one up, love them). Same response from all four dealerships. "We were told we wouldn't receive any more Si Civics until March/April."
Depends on who's telling them I guess. If it's coming straight from Honda corporate then we basically have confirmation of a Spring 2016 debut.

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
). Same response from all four dealerships. "We were told we wouldn't receive any more Si Civics until March/April."
Hmmm....very interesting. Unfortunately it just threw another wrench into my current family vehicle situation plans.

Come on Honda. Just tell us when the Civic Si will be available. Why so secretive?

haztorks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MSM EX-T
Depends on who's telling them I guess. If it's coming straight from Honda corporate then we basically have confirmation of a Spring 2016 debut.
All signs were pointing to this until a Facebook video came along saying otherwise (that it would be a '17.) I guess it won't be long until we find out.

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
All signs were pointing to this until a Facebook video came along saying otherwise (that it would be a '17.) I guess it won't be long until we find out.
I trust a Honda R&D officer's dates more than a speculative guess from a non Honda employee. We'll know in 3-4 months at latest tho like you said.

Grambles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic Si
This statement doesn't particularly indicate Si getting a 2.0T. It merely says they go mass production with the K20C engine for the Civic lineup.

We already know the Type R is being released for this platform so all signs might point to that as indication. In my opinion, it seems Honda might want to distance the TypeR from the Si and create a more powerful 1.5T to top the engine series off and leave the 2.0T on its own island. Seeing as though the 2.0T will fill the entire Honda lineup eventually, I would guess this would be the case. This engine will have a large foundation set for it.

I could be wrong and hopefully am. But to close the gap between Si and TypeR would cannibalize Type R sales for an already limited production vehicle. Also, their plans to make the next Type R faster than current doesn't particularly mean it needs to have more horsepower.
Sponsored