tsixtial

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Coming from the hubcaps - yeah that sounds logical. :crazy:

Try removing said hubcaps and see.
Yeah, the dealership I took my car to said a lot of owners have been coming by with the same issue...

I am just waiting to purchase new wheels :)

fjrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 4 door LX with CVT
Country flag
Stuff can get trapped between the steel wheel and the plastic wheel covers.

Once when I was checking the tire pressures on my LX sedan I fumbled one of the air stem caps, dropped it and it fell down into the cover. Only way I could get it out was to remove the cover.

I've since been much more careful handling the caps.

stingray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX-P Coupe, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
As pointed out, what 2 million? People have to sign onto a class action. Furthermore, they are jurisdictional. Meaning that only the 1 million Americans who have them could qualify for this apparent Class.

The reality is that we are now almost 4 years in on the GenX and the only properly bad thing to happen was the assembly issue with the 2.0NA engines in some of the first 2016s. That is it.

I would seriously want to see the precise KMs/Miles driven for each and every car and where/when they were driven. I have ONLY owned Hondas (5 now) and my trips to the service bay compared to ANY non Honda or Toyota that anyone else I know is utterly incomparable. Honda and Toyota win hands down. Even my WORST Honda was far better than the average non H or T owner that I know. The only thing actually wrong so far with my 2017 Civic is low refrigerant (Assuming this as it is due to go in on the 29th for check but everyone that has had a discharge and recharge has had the issue fixed.) and the weird whistle noise that comes from it.

This is the gospel truth. When I found out the hatches were made in the UK, that is exactly why I went with the sedan.

The yet again, simple reality, is that the two top companies in the world for OVERALL quality and reliability are Toyota and Honda. PERIOD. Are things sliding in general? Sure. Even the great Toyota shill Scotty Kilmer talks down Toyota quality as of late. But as a matter of course, you are assured a much higher likelihood of success with Honda and Toyota. If you want boring and insanely reliable, get a Toyota. If you want a bit more fun and handling and a modest sacrifice in some aspects of quality, Honda. If you want a "Top Gear/Grand Tour" experience every time you go for a drive, you go buy yourself a BMW M series and try owning it sans repairs for 250,000 KMs and get back to me. That number, by the way, is the average point at which I have ever had to do anything non-standard wear on my Hondas.

For those that think their singular experience is proof of anything, please go here and see what happens when REAL statistics start getting gathered. http://www.dashboard-light.com/

The only time Honda had truly epic issues was in the very late 1990s and early 2000s when their automatics were just plagued with issues in most of their models.
It would be interesting to take a poll of repair visits by make. I will start: owned a 08 Solstice for 25 months. 24 warranty visits, and the dealer said to stock up on parts, since they are crap, and GM had already stopped making replacement parts while still producing the cars.

takierosales

First Name
Romeo Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.8e
Country flag
Have to say that Honda quality is not what it use to be. I was thinking of buying my 2016 Civic ex l when the lease ends in April , but highly doubtful now. Driving from NY to Florida last month the AC was blowing warm air. I bring it to Honda of St Augustine . They find it's low on freon but cannot find any leak. They evacuate & recharge it and add a dye to it. They also did the oil dilution update (I didn't ask them to) Changing the ac control unit is part of that campaign. I notice the next day that my dual climate control is not working. On my second trip back to the dealership they realize that it's the wrong ac controller. Of course they have to order the part. On my third trip they install the correct one. All is good until a few days later when the AC is blowing warm again. On my 4th trip back they replace the condenser. ( I told them that it is a common part failure , but of course they never believe you.) It seems all service writers are trained to never admit that they have ever seen any particular issue. When the service manager tells me it is a bad condenser, I responded that they just happen to have that & the compressor in stock. ( Even though they claim they've never seen any fail) It's shameful that a common part like a condenser & compressor that normally give you many years of service are failing in large numbers in 16 civics. Now my Civic is at a dealership in Daytona Beach & I have a loaner car. The latest problem is that every conceivable malfunction light in the dashboard is lit up. It took them almost two hours to tell me that the vehicle speed sensor is bad. ( I think it may be the vehicle stability assist module) There are numerous complaints online about these malfunction lights coming on for no reason. Of course they have to overnight the part, that's why I took the loaner. In 3 months the warranty ends ,& I'd be stuck paying these parts changers to repair this vehicle. Pretty sure I'm done with Honda. If I wanted a relationship with the service manager I'd buy a Ford , Chrysler or Chevy.
Were they able to replace the speed sensor? And those lights re occured again after replacement?

stingray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Were they able to replace the speed sensor? And those lights re occured again after replacement?
My biggest problem was the TPMS light in my CR V. My Si has been perfect. Best car I have ever owned. Almost all cars have an issue somewhere, getting all parts perfect is nearly impossible. Now I probably jinxed my Civic. Except for one dealer in Phoenix, all the service depts suck

takierosales

First Name
Romeo Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.8e
Country flag
My biggest problem was the TPMS light in my CR V. My Si has been perfect. Best car I have ever owned. Almost all cars have an issue somewhere, getting all parts perfect is nearly impossible. Now I probably jinxed my Civic. Except for one dealer in Phoenix, all the service depts suck
Tbh my sensor just acted up without a reason too. My car has been all stock. Not even cosmetic mod applied except for my new battery. all these started when i changed my batt. Have your CRV checked. Our dealership here also pointed out most defects like that on CRVsnthey released

OP
OP

Dougyfd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ex-l
Country flag
It turned out to be the left rear wheel speed sensor. That fixed the problem. I only kept the car until May , then I turned in the lease. Great car otherwise, but never expected to visit a Honda dealer 5 times when the car had under 30,k miles

takierosales

First Name
Romeo Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.8e
Country flag
It turned out to be the left rear wheel speed sensor. That fixed the problem. I only kept the car until May , then I turned in the lease. Great car otherwise, but never expected to visit a Honda dealer 5 times when the car had under 30,k miles
Awesome. Mine actually showing up 5 errors since last Sunday. I already visited Honda 3 times already. It narrowed down to a speed sensor on my transmission. I dont even have an idea how it broke. I never modded the car (even cosmetic mods). It's a pain and waste of time to be honest.

remusrm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic LX 6spd
Country flag
I purchased a 2019 Civic LX and the very next day after taking it home I noticed a "notch" behind the steering at 12'o clock position as well as noticed while driving the car made a sound like there were stickers stuck on the wheel. I took it to the dealer and they said both issues are common on the LX. The sales person showed me the steering wheel "notch" on other LX models and also told me the clicking/sticky sound my car makes while driving is common and is coming from the hubcaps.. :(

My 2020 LX does the same thing, its the hubcaps! But I think it might be the wheel since all others do not, even when changing hubcaps around! I like the car the way it drives but the suspension seems loose when its warm outside and more tight when just driving around. Took the car in for an alignment since seemed of and was told I may have hit a pothole yet only the rear was off and the front was ok. My manual shifter seems loose when moving left and at times I do not have a smooth engagement when in first, second and 3rd.

Last edited:

TheHorse13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX
Country flag
I rode around in a VP 2009 Civic sedan for a decade. When it finally passed the 200k mark, I do what I always do; get another one. The very first thing that I noticed is that the components are made much more flimsy. Examples include body panels, latches, interior plastics, hub cabs, glass and steering wheel.

With that said, the motor appears to be solid like the older R18.

stingray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I rode around in a VP 2009 Civic sedan for a decade. When it finally passed the 200k mark, I do what I always do; get another one. The very first thing that I noticed is that the components are made much more flimsy. Examples include body panels, latches, interior plastics, hub cabs, glass and steering wheel.

With that said, the motor appears to be solid like the older R18.
have to make them lighter for better performance and economy. But, everything works as designed, so it’s ok with me

stingray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My first civic,a 2017 ended up being a lemon. The new one,an 18 ext has been fine so far with a few exceptions of some head unit problems. I've had just about every brand there is other than need a and any high end stuff unexpected or BMW, and yea i had a few things here and there, but I NEVER had half the issues retributive things fixed as ive had with these two Hondas. They always deny being able to duplicate issues, have actually lied and been real shady at times and performed some pretty bad work on my car. There's plenty of threads on here about the quality of the paint and glass going downhill also.
Even after my terrible experience getting my lemon replaced, I was willing to get another Honda, but now that I'm getting the same kind of service with the few issues in having again, I won't buy another.
Try a different dealer. That said, of 5 Honda dealers near me, three are a joke, not only in the purchase area, but service is pathetic with all three.
Sponsored