Honda officially replacing the bad harnesses now.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Just got my letter to bring the R in to have the engine harness replaced that causes the rev match issue. So guess its finally offical after a year.
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda officially replacing the bad harnesses now. 20180815_231259
Sponsored

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag
I just got mines as well. I’m scheduled to replace mines after the parts come in this week next Monday morning. Funny thing is I’ve never gotten the rev match/ emissions warning with 5500+ miles and a bunch of track days. We’ll see how it goes on Monday.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just got mines as well. I’m scheduled to replace mines after the parts come in this week next Monday morning. Funny thing is I’ve never gotten the rev match/ emissions warning with 5500+ miles and a bunch of track days. We’ll see how it goes on Monday.
Mines badge 144 so one of the very first run. I as well have had no issues with harness or anything else for that matter.

Wabby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-z
Country flag
Would love to see all your badge numbers. Mine is 2745.

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
My CEL came on yesterday. 2018 CTR, R-13525 with ~2k miles, no letter.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My CEL came on yesterday. 2018 CTR, R-13525 with ~2k miles, no letter.
would just call dealer. Its official now so should be covered I would think.

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2017 PMM Typer R. Former: 2004 350Z
Country flag
Mine is #993 with no issues. My local dealership called me and told me that mine is effected and have ordered the part and will call when it’s in.

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
would just call dealer. Its official now so should be covered I would think.
Yeah, made an appointment with the dealer to look at it tomorrow. I told the service advisor what the fault was and he seemed to be aware of the issue already. Either way, with the CEL on and it's still under warranty I'm not worried. Maybe once they see 2018's are affected also they'll expand the recall.

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag
Mines badge 144 so one of the very first run. I as well have had no issues with harness or anything else for that matter.
Mines is #312 part of the early run as well. I ordered my PRL front pipe gaskets since it seems that has to come out to access the harness and plugs beneath the intake manifold. This is going to be real interesting being the only type R in my area to ever come in for service. Makes me paranoid tbh.

TheShadow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 Type R #00561, 2012 Civic Si, 2000 Civic CX Hatchback
Country flag
#00561 - already had the recall done. Never had any issues leading up to the service, but had the harness swapped out anyway. Interestingly enough my dealership received the new parts in a kit from a Honda distribution center - which was not complete. I ended up having to wait an extra day while they had a new kit rushed over with the missing parts. Mine was also the only Type R my dealership has ever worked on, and while nothing mechanical was wrong when I got the car back I can tell they messed two things up. One, they left a bolt out of my engine cover (left with 4 instead of 5.) And they also put a wrong bolt back in my intake molding - originally had two black bolts, had one black and one silver when I got it back. Really minor things, but the silver bolt was clearly not supposed to be there. They did end up replacing the bolts once I called them out on it. They also did not re-route the MAF sensor harness the way that the Mishi kit has you do it - so that had to be redone.

Maverick1

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
#00561 - already had the recall done. Never had any issues leading up to the service, but had the harness swapped out anyway. Interestingly enough my dealership received the new parts in a kit from a Honda distribution center - which was not complete. I ended up having to wait an extra day while they had a new kit rushed over with the missing parts. Mine was also the only Type R my dealership has ever worked on, and while nothing mechanical was wrong when I got the car back I can tell they messed two things up. One, they left a bolt out of my engine cover (left with 4 instead of 5.) And they also put a wrong bolt back in my intake molding - originally had two black bolts, had one black and one silver when I got it back. Really minor things, but the silver bolt was clearly not supposed to be there. They did end up replacing the bolts once I called them out on it. They also did not re-route the MAF sensor harness the way that the Mishi kit has you do it - so that had to be redone.
This is why I really don't like taking my car to the dealer, generally they end up messing something up.
Once I took my Civic to my mechanic for a simple oil change, and they let a newbie do the work.
He forgot to remove the old oil filter gasket and so the new engine oil slowly drained out of my engine on the way back home.
Luckily the red engine light on the dash went off and I immediately pulled over and shut the engine off so no damage.
I could see a trail of oil on the road behind me.
I now do all my own oil changes and other simple stuff like brakes.
Lesson learned.

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
#137 here. I don't remember seeing a recall letter. When were most receiving them? I may need to call my parents and see if it was sent to their address instead.
@23Red , which dealership are you taking yours too? Damson of Decatur or Damson of Huntsville?