Honda/Nissan disappointing with Si/Sentra NISMO?

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I don't understand why so many people are disappointed with the 10th gen Si.

From the price point it is offered at, it is an incredible bargain. Sure, it might make 50hp less than a Focus ST, or x amount less than a GTI but look at the price points those start at then look at the weight of those vehicles. Honda has never been about "big power", they're more driver focused.

Our 10th gen Si makes 205 HP, on paper it isn't on par with today's standards perhaps. Take a look at the lighting lap times from car and driver:

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a23319884/lightning-lap-times-historical-data/

Tell me how that 252HP Focus ST stacked up? How about a WRX & GTI without the performance packages? For the price of the Civic Si, you get a car that is quite a track monster.

2017 Honda Civic Si 3:14.6
2015 GTI 3:14.6
2015 WRX 3:15.5
2014 Focus ST 3:17.6

Our car even ran the exact same time as a 2008 Audi S5. I think that's impressive, personally. I know this comparison was between a Sentra and Civic but I can't help but point out that there is much more to a vehicle's performance than strictly power. If you want more power then a simple tune from TSP on your ktuner will give just about any modified 4 cylinder car a run for their money. These are great platforms.
Sponsored