Honda is recalling 5,404 model year 2017 Honda Civic sedans and coupes.

fredericktoo

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic VP, 2004 Honda Odyssey, 2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
American Honda Motor Co. is recalling 5,404 model year 2017 Honda Civic sedans and coupes.

The right halfshaft may have been improperly heat treated, reducing its strength.

This can result in the halfshaft breaking, preventing the engine from moving the vehicle, and can allow a possible roll away situation if the parking brake is not engaged. This can increase the risk of a crash.

What to do
Honda will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the halfshaft's serial number, replacing it as necessary and aligning the front wheels, free of charge.

The recall is expected to begin December 15, 2017.

Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138. Honda's number for this recall is K0E.
Sponsored

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
American Honda Motor Co. is recalling 5,404 model year 2017 Honda Civic sedans and coupes.

The right halfshaft may have been improperly heat treated, reducing its strength.

This can result in the halfshaft breaking, preventing the engine from moving the vehicle, and can allow a possible roll away situation if the parking brake is not engaged. This can increase the risk of a crash.

What to do
Honda will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the halfshaft's serial number, replacing it as necessary and aligning the front wheels, free of charge.

The recall is expected to begin December 15, 2017.

Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138. Honda's number for this recall is K0E.
I heard about this maybe a month ago on here somehow, and someone on here was cool enough to check my vin and said I had no recalls, but seeing as this states the recall is starting Dec 15, is it possible I may still be included?

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
hope it doesn't happen to me on the stretch from Mexicali to San Felipe in December... NOT the place you want to leave your car, come back the next day it's gonna be stripped and burnt to the ground! Id like to think I've stressed that little booger enough that if she was gonna break, she'd have done so already... lol

crimson-civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BNP 2017 Civic Sedan EX-T
Country flag

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
hope it doesn't happen to me on the stretch from Mexicali to San Felipe in December... /QUOTE]

pick up some shrimp if available, best camarones (sp) i ever had was bought there at rubens trailer park (by a beach vendor back) in the 90's (time) only about 10 bucks the kilo at the time for the giant size.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Here are the manufacturing dates / VIN range of all the affected vehicles for this safety recall:

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda is recalling 5,404 model year 2017 Honda Civic sedans and coupes. Screenshot_20171209-011607-01

okan170

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring 2017
Country flag
Made an appointment and brought the car in. Lets see how this goes.

Edit:
Car returned after the swap out was done, nothing bad. Took about 3-4 hours. They replaced the driveshaft and realigned the front tires.

Last edited:

Peabody1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Received the recall letter in the mail today for my car.

ac143

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX sedan (manual)
Country flag
Wow 2nd recall for American civics? Still nothing for (proudly) Canadian built civics

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good thing the SI's are fine or at least mine is

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
So I looked on our insurance cards (digital) and it talks about our cars having the driveshaft recall. I figured I'd verify through the honda recall website and when I put our VIN#'s in, no recall was found for either my 17 SI coupe nor my wife's 17' touring sedan. Does the insurance just list it as a recall for a broad spectrum and want you to verify with Honda or is there actually a recall on our vehicles because when I put our VIN's in, no recalls show up.

Peabody1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
So I looked on our insurance cards (digital) and it talks about our cars having the driveshaft recall. I figured I'd verify through the honda recall website and when I put our VIN#'s in, no recall was found for either my 17 SI coupe nor my wife's 17' touring sedan. Does the insurance just list it as a recall for a broad spectrum and want you to verify with Honda or is there actually a recall on our vehicles because when I put our VIN's in, no recalls show up.
That’s odd, I believe this recall applies to cars with CVT transmissions only so your SI is fine for sure.
Sponsored