Honda Hack some questions: Key Mapping

flipfloplife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EXL
Ok -- I have Honda Hack working, KTuner Lite, waze -- I'm pretty happy. That said I have two nagging questions that I haven't found good documentation or answers.

First -- What is the "default" key for the clear cache or reset apps .... (sorry - still learning android). But I know that HHack put one in there for me by default, just don't know what it is. Does anyone else?

Second -- anyone got Google Assistant working on their setup? (like running off HU - not via android phone) I think I'm close. GA seems much smarter and more useful than SIRI or Alexa, but i'm not sure how that's going to work out when/if I get it loaded to the HU... thoughts?
Sponsored

JCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
On your HU, hold down the "home" button and press Clear Apps (or something along the lines of clear) when the menu comes up.

For Google Assistant, I'm sure you can figure out a way to download an old version of Google app that supports Google Assistant in it, but I'm not quite sure how well it'll work through the HU.

ElusiveJones

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
Ok -- I have Honda Hack working, KTuner Lite, waze -- I'm pretty happy. That said I have two nagging questions that I haven't found good documentation or answers.

First -- What is the "default" key for the clear cache or reset apps .... (sorry - still learning android). But I know that HHack put one in there for me by default, just don't know what it is. Does anyone else?

Second -- anyone got Google Assistant working on their setup? (like running off HU - not via android phone) I think I'm close. GA seems much smarter and more useful than SIRI or Alexa, but i'm not sure how that's going to work out when/if I get it loaded to the HU... thoughts?
AFAIK there is no default key for clearing cache. You have to remap your steering wheel controls if you want a button to do that. Alternatively, clearing memory and/or internal storage are options in the optimization menu.

Last I heard, no one has had any luck getting Google Assistant to work with the cars microphone, and they had very little hope it would ever get done. You might have better luck scouring the forum on XDA(just search for title "developer mode on 2017 civic". It's 200+ pages.
Sponsored