Jonmd89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
I have a 2019 civic si, I understand how to install it and install the apps but I don’t have WiFi hotspot on my phone but I can install Honda hack through my house WiFi.

My questions are would I be able to use any kind of google maps or Waze with just downloaded maps or does it require internet to use those? Can it use internet from usb like apple car play?

Also I have an obdi Bluetooth dongle can the head unit connect to it via Bluetooth to get torque to read straight from the car to the head unit?
Sponsored

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I have a 2019 civic si, I understand how to install it and install the apps but I don’t have WiFi hotspot on my phone but I can install Honda hack through my house WiFi.
YES... if your WiFi reaches your car, and your car can connect to your WiFi router, then sure you can.

My questions are would I be able to use any kind of google maps or Waze with just downloaded maps or does it require internet to use those?
Yes, but your downloaded Google maps expire 1 month after download, so you will need to download new copies at least every month.
No idea about Warez.

Can it use internet from usb like apple car play?
I do not use apple.. maybe someone else can help you here.

Also I have an obdi Bluetooth dongle can the head unit connect to it via Bluetooth to get torque to read straight from the car to the head unit?
Should be able to, if you run Suitable OBD2 software on your Phone or Head Unit.
I believe that OBD2. connections by WiFi can have a faster response than the Bluetooth ones ??
I use a Wifi ODB2 Port Dongle.

n9yty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
If you want offline maps, I'd have a look at Sygic. The interface is a little different, but it will work without being online. You can even put the extra maps if you want them on a USB stick. I just have one or two states in mine so it is all in the radio storage.

OP
OP

Jonmd89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Can you add extra apps to use with apple play like YouTube off your phone? I don’t have WiFi hotspot so just trying to see if it’s worth it or not

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
Can you add extra apps to use with apple play like YouTube off your phone? I don’t have WiFi hotspot so just trying to see if it’s worth it or not
Hey man. I'm still learning about the hack myself, but theres a few things I've learned.

I have iPhone X with a plan that includes hotspot access. If my phone is plugged into the CarPlay port, I can use the phone's data to access whatever I need. Was playing Hulu and Youtube as a test, for example. If your plan doesn't support any hotspot (wired or wifi), I'm not sure it will work but you can try. Plug your phone into the port and try to access the Browser built in to the head unit. It may work, but idk.

From reading through the forums, I've learned that the only type of OBD reader that will work is a "wifi model". I believe you would download the app for that OBD reader, then that OBD device broadcasts a SSID. You then connect the car's wifi to that SSID for it to work. I'm not 100% positive on if any Bluetooth connection would work that way, but it would be best to send a message to the creator imo.

Also, ATT offers a couple options for a connected car. Your car should have the wifi hotspot embedded in it *could have*, and i think unlimited data from ATT for honda customers is $20 a month. Just another thought

Soulnchain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Country flag
Hey man. I'm still learning about the hack myself, but theres a few things I've learned.

I have iPhone X with a plan that includes hotspot access. If my phone is plugged into the CarPlay port, I can use the phone's data to access whatever I need. Was playing Hulu and Youtube as a test, for example. If your plan doesn't support any hotspot (wired or wifi), I'm not sure it will work but you can try. Plug your phone into the port and try to access the Browser built in to the head unit. It may work, but idk.

From reading through the forums, I've learned that the only type of OBD reader that will work is a "wifi model". I believe you would download the app for that OBD reader, then that OBD device broadcasts a SSID. You then connect the car's wifi to that SSID for it to work. I'm not 100% positive on if any Bluetooth connection would work that way, but it would be best to send a message to the creator imo.

Also, ATT offers a couple options for a connected car. Your car should have the wifi hotspot embedded in it *could have*, and i think unlimited data from ATT for honda customers is $20 a month. Just another thought

Hey, I know this post is old, but are you saying you are tethering the phone to the HU with the USB cable to get internet access? On my car I have to put the phone in hotspot and connect it via wifi (won't work just with USB). Is there something I am doing wrong? I have an Iphone 11 pro.

Thanks for your help!

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
I wouldn't install to many apps on this head unit as it will make the unit very slow and even freez at times i hacked mine and only use flashpro hondata app I did try youtube and other apps but it gets slow

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Typically, WiFi is faster than Bluetooth, and you can have many more Wifi devices talking to your head Unit at the same time, than you can have Bluetooth devices.
Connection issues aside, WiFi being faster, will give you much smoother responses, with apps like Torque, if you have real time displays (Gauges)

Given the choice (which you have) go WiFi

Turboroe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 1.5L 2018
Country flag
After a lot of messing around with my head unit I would advise on only installing the minimum apps necessary on it, and instead, use your phone with android auto plugged in by cable to do the hard work like navigation or xvid...

Why?
The head unit needs Google apps to work with most nav apps, and Google apps themselves make your head unit slow to the point of agony. It is totally not with it.

On the other hand, Android auto will use your phone's 'much faster' processor, and if you have never used Android auto, you should because it is simple, fast and easy (except sometimes when things stop working and you have to restart phone but if you grew up using Windows then you are used to this already). Plus it charges your phone while you ride.
You can also say "ok Google, take me to the pub" to get your directions by speech.

Seriously, don't install any heavy app on the head uni or you will regret it every time you want to change the air conditioner settings. I got viper4android, a fuel fill log, calculator, a snes emulator and that is it.

Sorry for the bad English, I am using Google shitty keyboard and had 2 pints already. Plus I am from Brazil.

If you have an iPhone then God I can't help sorry

Last edited:

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
After a lot of messing around with my head unit I would advise on installing the minimum apps necessary on it, and instead, use your phone with android auto plugged in by cable.

Why?
The head unit needs Google apps to work with most nav apps, and Google apps themselves make your head unit slow to the point of agony. It is totally not with it.

On the other hand, Android auto will use your phone's 'much faster' processor, and if you have never used Android auto, you should because it is simple, fast and easy (except sometimes when things stop working and you have to restart phone but if you grew up using Windows then you are used to this already). Plus it charges your phone while you ride.
You can also say "ok Google, take me to the pub" to get your directions by speech.

Seriously, don't install any heavy app on the head uni or you will regret it every time you want to change the air conditioner settings. I got viper4android, a fuel fill log, calculator, a snes emulator and that is it.

Sorry for the bad English, I am using Google shitty keyboard and had 2 pints already. Plus I am from Brazil.

If you have an iPhone then God I can't help sorry
"OK Google, drive me home from the Pub - ( even you can drive better than I can at the moment)"

poqz95

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 civic 2.0
Country flag
Quick question :
Can u use the same hondahack code on different active cars?

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Quick question :
Can u use the same hondahack code on different active cars?
I don't think so. If that's the case someone can share here. The code is generated based on the the MAC code from your infotainment

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sti, 2019 Si, Fr-S, 350z, Evo X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

My questions are would I be able to use any kind of google maps or Waze with just downloaded maps or does it require internet to use those? Can it use internet from usb like apple car play?

sry to quote but im a tech guy haha-

-house wifi works
-obdii port bluetooth will connect to the tons of apps that are made for that (i use ktuner light, but google play store has 10,000)
-apple carplay internet is using your phone, what type of phone do you have? i can help more if u tell me that. I root access an iphone and have all apps and phone interface on the HUD, so no pairing or hotspot needed. plus hearthstone at a gas station is great

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sti, 2019 Si, Fr-S, 350z, Evo X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
to be clear, plug in your phone and it will use that data. easiest with apple, but I am sure android works.

honda hack (get it bro) lets you install google play store, so thatll be better than anything if u use something non-apple.

also I have an extra iphone lol, hmu its old but itll work
Sponsored