ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm considering of installing Honda Hack Pro but before I do I have some questions.

I saw some features like :
  • Display navigation instructions in the Civic instrument cluster.
  • Automatically reduces music from USB, Bluetooth and AUDIO Apps sources when the navigation app provides voice guidance.
Since I have the Garmin satnav my car already has those features. Won't the Honda Hack interfere with those?

Also
  • Hide Honda Hack and installed apps by one click.
  • Automatically click OK at startup.
As I understand this hides everything from the hack so that my dealer doesn't see anything from it. How do you show it back afterwards? Is the Auto OK click also in the Hide setting?
Sponsored

JCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I'm not too sure about the interference with garmin satnav, but as for hiding the apps, once you hit the button, it'll give you a code and a link (which you should save) Once you're done at the dealership, follow the link through the car's browser and put in the pin, and your apps will be restored.

OP
OP
ikbenben

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not too sure about the interference with garmin satnav, but as for hiding the apps, once you hit the button, it'll give you a code and a link (which you should save) Once you're done at the dealership, follow the link through the car's browser and put in the pin, and your apps will be restored.
Ok, thx. What about the Auto OK click, is this switched off also then or do you have to do it yourself in the settings?

JCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Ok, thx. What about the Auto OK click, is this switched off also then or do you have to do it yourself in the settings?
I didn't really use this feature since I'm in the US and the warning goes away itself, but yes there should be a setting on the HondaHack app where you can turn on auto ok.

OP
OP
ikbenben

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After reading almost 250 pages of the Honda Hack topic on XDA I decided I'm not installing it. Too much people who had trouble with it. I'm not going to take the risk.
There were people who lost the directions of the Garmin satnav between the dials. Also people that had problems getting the system back to work normally after using the hide function.
Sponsored