Honda fans unite and stop the abuse

scorpizy

First Name
jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW, 1994 civic, 1996 civic, 2005 civic, 2015 civic
Hello fellow Civic lovers. I am a long-time reader first-time Rider. I am writing because I have a tremendous concern and think that we should Unite and stop the dealers. I have owned Honda Civics since I was 16. I love Honda and I love the Honda Civics. The Civic type-r has been one of my long-time dream cars.
I have purchased three new cars in the past and none has been as terrible as trying to purchase the Honda Civic type-r. It is not just the markups, the worst part is how rude the salesman have been. All the lying to try to get you to pay markups.
Dealers have this bad sense that it seems like everybody wants a Type R and it's not true. There is a limited number of people that want to buy a Type R and I can bet most of them are on this forum.
We need to stand strong and Unite to stop the abuse. I think most of the people that were willing to pay markups have already done so.
What we need to do is we need to stop calling every single dealer and asking about their type r's. That is creating a false hype because the dealer things that everybody in town wants to buy their Type R when in reality it is the same 30 people calling every single dealership and creating a false hype that fuels the dealers to have that Mark up stay. If we stop calling they will come to us. Trust me they want to sell the car and we are the only buyers. I know I'm guilty of the same thing I've probably called 30 dealers trying to find the Type R. What we need to do is only look at the stock on honda.com and when you see a dealer that has one go to the ones that you can drive to and if it has a markup don't even ask him about it just walk away. Once the dealers stop getting calls stop getting people coming in being interested in their Type R they will stop their BS of markups. I want a Type R like you do but the fact is that any dealer you call is going to have a markup and the only way that those markups can go away is by not calling
Sponsored

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
The only way for dealers to stop the markups on the Type R is if people stop purchasing vehicles that is marked up. It has to sit on their lot for them to lower their price. Calling into dealerships isn't determining the price they sell a call. I have called plenty myself and inquired if they had one or getting any in. If they say yes or want to put me on a wait list I then asked if they had any markup or selling msrp. If they had a markup, simply told them I am not paying over msrp and ended the phone call.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
We saw the same pattern from the Si. Lots of ADMs the first 1-2 months. Though relatively few were purchased at a premium. Dealers are discounting 1.5-2K.

Give it another 6-9 months. By then you'll be able to get a 2018 at or near MSRP, as hype will be focused on the 2019 MMR and beyond.

OP
OP
scorpizy

scorpizy

First Name
jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only way for dealers to stop the markups on the Type R is if people stop purchasing vehicles that is marked up. It has to sit on their lot for them to lower their price. Calling into dealerships isn't determining the price they sell a call. I have called plenty myself and inquired if they had one or getting any in. If they say yes or want to put me on a wait list I then asked if they had any markup or selling msrp. If they had a markup, simply told them I am not paying over msrp and ended the phone call.
Yes but getting a bunch of calls tells them that there's a lot of interest in the car and that even though the car is not selling they should keep that Mark up a little longer cuz somebody will pay it.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
The car's only been out a couple months lol.

Demand will level off. But some buyers aren't willing to be patient. :)

wopsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I predict adm will happen a little while longer, then sold at msrp down the road for a much longer while, due to a long list of people wanting it for that. Then some used ones will pop up adding more into the market, and hopefully help bring down the adm. Few years into this model and it can be sold below msrp.

OP
OP
scorpizy

scorpizy

First Name
jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The car's only been out a couple months lol.

Demand will level off. But some buyers aren't willing to be patient. :)
Yes very true but one thing worries me, I went to a Ford dealership yesterday and they had a focus RS with a 5000$ what a joke. The guy was like would you buy it if I take off the addons? I walked away ( i wasn't going to buy one anyway) but it worries me a little that iven when it stops selling they will continue to have marke ups :puke:

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In defense of Honda's dealers, these folks are as honorable as a judge compared to the real monsters that the other brands string along. Go look up what happened to the Mopar fan's Demon sales!

While I get where you are coming from, I don't think that most of the potential CTR buyer's frequent this board. So a lightweight boycott will do no good at all.

Keep in mind that it's just business. Go on line, make offers, play hardball and be patient.

I agree with the others that in a few months you will see the deals come down once this initial batch of "Limited Edition" CTR's is sold, and the 2018's start down the line.
Sponsored