Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
That's an awesome question!!! IF you purchase a type r from the dealership from a "charity auction" you get to claim the charitable deduction on YOUR taxes. 45k CTR, total price of CTR - MSRP = charitable deduction for you. NOT the dealership.
Will they charge you tax on the "charity" too also then since its added as an "adjusted market value" :rofl:

Ha! I just talked to these guys on the phone and they gave me the same information. I said thanks but no thanks.
yeah i emailed and called almost every single dealership in CA thats getting CW, and almost all wanted minimum of 5k with a first come first serve. its f'in ridiculous.
Sponsored

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
Maggie from Ron Norris Titusville, FL called me this morning. They've received their Black CTR and the selling price will be $45k.

I let her know that I was not interested in paying over MSRP and she said she understood and didn't blame me. So far that is what everyone has told her. She said she can't control the owner who priced the car.

BTW she was nice. Older woman. Not US. Maybe Scottish or British. She doesn't want to play games, talk you into it, etc.

Guess they'll find that one that just "has to have it" and thinks we are the idiots for wanting what Honda wanted us to pay for it.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. 9PYkkA0

more from california dealers
It's better that way, DCH Temecula are a bunch of thieves anyways, I'm surprised they are selling it for $45K with their overpriced "Protection Package". Of course the scalpers will be buying it up. Bet it sells for $50K.

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
Those dealers claiming that they can't handle selling it due to the number of buyers are liars. I mean seriously. You have the first person come in with a deposit, sign the contract and go from there. This whole eBay thing is their way of making money like those who buy the Coach Peanuts Limited edition items and sell them on eBay for 3x the price.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Those dealers claiming that they can't handle selling it due to the number of buyers are liars. I mean seriously. You have the first person come in with a deposit, sign the contract and go from there. This whole eBay thing is their way of making money like those who buy the Coach Peanuts Limited edition items and sell them on eBay for 3x the price.
The area where this particular dealer is at is middle class Gov workers for the most part. The Hills have some wealthy people that drive Lambos, Ferraris etc. etc. I agree with you that they are having a hard time selling this car with their ADM. I am almost positive people have approached them and when $15K ADM came out their mouth the buyers walked out. I am sure they are reading everywhere about some dealers selling it for $45-50k and want to get in on the action.

Tonezorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Series.Yellow BRZ, 2014 Legacy, 2015 Crosstrek. Previous: 2011 Miata GT PRHT 2009 Forester XT, 2007 Cobalt
I've decided that while it most likely won't do any good, I'm going to send a letter to corporate, detailing my experiences with dealerships and mention some of the worse stories from this thread. What a bummer this all has been.
Well, it's done. Also sent a copy of the letter to a couple of the people on their corporate email contact list that someone else linked to.
I don't personally expect anything to change / benefit from it at all, but I do hope that honda cracks down on the worst offending dealerships. Especially those that have broken deals with many of you folks here.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Inver Grove Honda in MN. Verbally said it'll be sold as first come first serve at MSRP. Now they've changed their minds and it'll be marked up.

Y'all willing to pay above sticker aren't helping.
Eventually those willing to pay ADM will dwindle in the next 4 months. Dealers will continue trying to push ADM for at least another 6 months. Once the inventory catches up you'll be able to take that ADM off.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
thing is there are very few people that are willing to pay ADM. First batch possibly. After all the cars are bought by those willing to throw away 5-10k. Cars will sit and sit.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
thing is there are very few people that are willing to pay ADM. First batch possibly. After all the cars are bought by those willing to throw away 5-10k. Cars will sit and sit.
I'm a firm believer that Honda did their research on the demand. Honda didn't have the intention for the dealers to mark these cars up. These cars will be sitting once all the people willing to pay ADM have received theirs. I'd say give it 4-6 months. It sucks because the 2018 models will be available and the 2017s will be already outdated.

UnknownCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR SGP, Mercedes-Benz 2014 C250
Country flag
The area where this particular dealer is at is middle class Gov workers for the most part. The Hills have some wealthy people that drive Lambos, Ferraris etc. etc. I agree with you that they are having a hard time selling this car with their ADM. I am almost positive people have approached them and when $15K ADM came out their mouth the buyers walked out. I am sure they are reading everywhere about some dealers selling it for $45-50k and want to get in on the action.
Yes, there many living here that are military, retired military or work for government contractors. There's also the big bucks in the vineyards and the people that moved here from Orange county prior to the real estate market crash. I mean tract homes going for 600k ! I guess DCH think they can get more for their CW. They really don't have a good reputation since being acquired by DCH Auto group anyway. I will not deal with them anymore.

jtrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic Hybrid, 2010 Accord Crosstour, Rallye Red CTR
Here is another to avoid - Ganley in North Olmsted...

Jeff Smith via sg01.motosnap.com

12:21 PM (4 minutes ago)
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. 9PYkkA0

to me
Tim,

The Type R is in. It is Black. The Price on the vehicle is $59,999

Jeff Smith Ganley Honda
25870 LORAIN RD
NORTH OLMSTED, OH 44070
(440) 777-9400
http://www.ganleyhonda.com/?Text Yes to (440) 252-4665 to Receive Text Messaging
Holy Shit!!!! Damn man that's a new corvette.

FK8 Twigs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #01007
Country flag
Given that most of these dealers are only getting one or two cars, it makes me even more mad they are charing an ADM! You really need this extra 10K?? Are car dealers really so unprofitable they need to make an extra 5-10K off a civic that they might have one or two of?
Sponsored