Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

jzj323

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Civic Si and 2007 Toyota Highlander Limited Hybrid
Cash down, that's how.

The bank will most likely make it mandatory to put down a cash deposit to get the purchase price down to their agreed loan amount.
The most I want to pay monthly is $540-$550
I can't afford to pay $700-$800 for a car I wish everyone here luck and btw if you're not able to get one just think of more positive ways to spend your adm in and just wait to get one for MSRP or keep looking around for one it'll take time of course but you'll end up being the smarter/patient one.
Sponsored

ZdH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ACURA TSX Superchrged, 2010 Honda Accord, 1999 Honda Accord
Country flag
How do you know that ZdH?
A GM received an email from Honda asking why they were listed on the "Naughty List" its clear Honda is watching and listening to the enthusiast cries for help with these greedy dealers.

Nemesis724

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Touring, 2013 Infiniti G37 Sedan Sport 6MT, 2007 Honda Civic Si 6MT, 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X (Sold), 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII (RIP)
A GM received an email from Honda asking why they were listed on the "Naughty List" its clear Honda is watching and listening to the enthusiast cries for help with these greedy dealers.
I hope Honda will audit and put a hefty fine to those dealerships charging too much ADM :mad: for CTR. A little bit of ADM is all I'm willing to pay, but not 5k 10k 15k 20k 25k... Just my opinion ;)

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
Honda of El Cajon, ca marking up 20k$. Jus texted me.
I think they may have already been on the spreadsheet from way before.
I said no thanks and only doing msrp. They said ok, it's because it's limited. Lol
I hope Honda will audit and put a hefty fine to those dealerships charging too much ADM :mad: for CTR. A little bit of ADM is all I'm willing to pay, but not 5k 10k 15k 20k 25k... Just my opinion ;)
exactly, Honda is a car company for the working class. Reliable, efficient (gas), and of course AFFORDABLE... what?? No way.. :eek:

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Anyone paying a $5000-$10,000 fee just to say they have a Type R is one of two types:

you are either

a) well off enough to enjoy life and are doing just that. Good on you!

or

b) a complete moron. Honda shouldn't be allowing dealerships to do this. It's like the people who buy out all gaming consoles or whatever is popular on day one then flip them for a huge profit. Perfect example was that Classic NES mini. I managed to get one for $40 over MSRP from a scalper. Wasn't happy about it but it was more for nostalgic drunken nights with my friends. It sits in the box and all packaging hopefully to be worth a LOT more in the future.

$10K over MSRP... that dealership (or anyone charging that much) should be shut down or just boycotted in general.

I'm not saying there should be no admin fee at all. I could see maybe 500-1500 (1500 being the MAX. After all, it's not THAT much when you factor it in ovver 5-7 years of financing. But anything higher than that is just brutal.

Also, if a dealer said the ADM is going to charity? Maybe... just maybe I would understand. That said if that was the case I'd say that I'd pick the charity + I will deliver the cheque made out to them. Just to make sure they actually get it.

Nemesis724

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Touring, 2013 Infiniti G37 Sedan Sport 6MT, 2007 Honda Civic Si 6MT, 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X (Sold), 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII (RIP)
exactly, Honda is a car company for the working class. Reliable, efficient (gas), and of course AFFORDABLE... what?? No way.. :eek:
Yeah Not affordable anymore with these extremely high ADM that are out there in the universe :(

jzj323

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone paying a $5000-$10,000 fee just to say they have a Type R is one of two types:

you are either

a) well off enough to enjoy life and are doing just that. Good on you!

or

b) a complete moron. Honda shouldn't be allowing dealerships to do this. It's like the people who buy out all gaming consoles or whatever is popular on day one then flip them for a huge profit. Perfect example was that Classic NES mini. I managed to get one for $40 over MSRP from a scalper. Wasn't happy about it but it was more for nostalgic drunken nights with my friends. It sits in the box and all packaging hopefully to be worth a LOT more in the future.

$10K over MSRP... that dealership (or anyone charging that much) should be shut down or just boycotted in general.

I'm not saying there should be no admin fee at all. I could see maybe 500-1500 (1500 being the MAX. After all, it's not THAT much when you factor it in ovver 5-7 years of financing. But anything higher than that is just brutal.

Also, if a dealer said the ADM is going to charity? Maybe... just maybe I would understand. That said if that was the case I'd say that I'd pick the charity + I will deliver the cheque made out to them. Just to make sure they actually get it.
ANother thing Honda has pretty much struggled to set a price for the vehicle to make it affordable for the potential buyers then these dealers think every Honda enthusiast is balling and charge 10-20k on top it just doesn't make sense most people that want this car can't afford pay a ridiculous amount if I had 50k I would definitely buy one but would make sure ADM goes to charity.

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
ANother thing Honda has pretty much struggled to set a price for the vehicle to make it affordable for the potential buyers then these dealers think every Honda enthusiast is balling and charge 10-20k on top it just doesn't make sense most people that want this car can't afford pay a ridiculous amount if I had 50k I would definitely buy one but would make sure ADM goes to charity.
What was the price shown on here before, $33,900 USD? People can cry all they want and say "That much for a civic?" Thinking it's just a regular civic but a higher trim. The only people that are going to even buy or think of buying this car are the enthusiasts and honda fans. I love honda, but my life circumstances have changed (separated/divorced and had to rent my own place) so I can't buy the R. I probably wouldn't have anyways just knowing how bad the insurance companies in Ontario are for raising rates every year with no reason).

Even if the car was MSRP $38K-$40K MSRP the true honda people would still buy it, now that said, if this wasn't the R being brought over here then I doubt the hype would be how it is. As in if this was the 6-7th year of Canada/USA having the Type R then this wouldn't be happening at all.

I know someone on a waiting list in Canada, Ontario. He told me today that he made a deposit months and months ago but agreed to MSRP only. I have a funny feeling they're gonna tack on a nice admin fee. Dealers aren't stupid and some people are paying the exhorbitant fee already and I'm sure they look at these forums here and there and say "Oh, we should add this fee too since people are obviously willing to pay it anyways". Charity or not, it doesn't and shouldn't be added that badly. Then again I don't donate anyways unless I know exactly that 100% of what I donate is going to the right cause (So someone take a guess as to how much I donate per year).

jzj323

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What was the price shown on here before, $33,900 USD? People can cry all they want and say "That much for a civic?" Thinking it's just a regular civic but a higher trim. The only people that are going to even buy or think of buying this car are the enthusiasts and honda fans. I love honda, but my life circumstances have changed (separated/divorced and had to rent my own place) so I can't buy the R. I probably wouldn't have anyways just knowing how bad the insurance companies in Ontario are for raising rates every year with no reason).

Even if the car was MSRP $38K-$40K MSRP the true honda people would still buy it, now that said, if this wasn't the R being brought over here then I doubt the hype would be how it is. As in if this was the 6-7th year of Canada/USA having the Type R then this wouldn't be happening at all.

I know someone on a waiting list in Canada, Ontario. He told me today that he made a deposit months and months ago but agreed to MSRP only. I have a funny feeling they're gonna tack on a nice admin fee. Dealers aren't stupid and some people are paying the exhorbitant fee already and I'm sure they look at these forums here and there and say "Oh, we should add this fee too since people are obviously willing to pay it anyways". Charity or not, it doesn't and shouldn't be added that badly. Then again I don't donate anyways unless I know exactly that 100% of what I donate is going to the right cause (So someone take a guess as to how much I donate per year).
I don't donate either but if I were to donate I would choose where too donate and how much not let a dealer tell me to donate without showing proof in other words they would tell you to make a blank check lol

10thDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't donate either but if I were to donate I would choose where too donate and how much not let a dealer tell me to donate without showing proof in other words they would tell you to make a blank check lol
The way I see it is honda fucked up on this. They're creating more hype by purposely limiting the cars they can push out. Which I don't get. Why, after so long of hype, setting records, etc etc are you building such a low quantity when so many people want it? Is it so those who buy it or are lucky enough to get one feel that much better? They've already come out and said they will continue making them here, will the same thing just keep happening every year?

As far as the charity thing goes, it's total bullshit. Why? Well why the hell would the dealer mark the car up if that mark up is supposed to go to charity? If I was selling a product and was told I have to donate my profit then I'd burn everything I was selling... maybe I'm just looking at this the wrong way... it's 2:45 AM here with my eyes barely open.

frankie881388

First Name
frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Subaru Outback, 2008 BMW 335iC
Frankly I doubt those amount is used for charity, if it was I bet Honda and Honda dealerships would advertise as such in order to get more publicity and better public relations! Car manufacturers and dealerships are here for business! Honda can fix this so easily, they could send way way more than 6000 units and we wouldn't wind up here!

jtrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic Hybrid, 2010 Accord Crosstour, Rallye Red CTR
The way I see it is honda fucked up on this. They're creating more hype by purposely limiting the cars they can push out. Which I don't get. Why, after so long of hype, setting records, etc etc are you building such a low quantity when so many people want it? Is it so those who buy it or are lucky enough to get one feel that much better? They've already come out and said they will continue making them here, will the same thing just keep happening every year?

As far as the charity thing goes, it's total bullshit. Why? Well why the hell would the dealer mark the car up if that mark up is supposed to go to charity? If I was selling a product and was told I have to donate my profit then I'd burn everything I was selling... maybe I'm just looking at this the wrong way... it's 2:45 AM here with my eyes barely open.
Response,s here from some dealerships charging ADM say that a (portion) of the money (may) be donated to charity. So the dealership has a big show, hotdogs for everyone sells the car for 20k over MSRP. He then calls his favorite charity ( Men With Little Biscuits) and donates a whopping 10% or 2 grand. Awesome!!!!

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Tampa Honda charging $49,000 for their Red Type-R. :banghead::crazy::bat::thumbsdown:
Ask them if they will be donating the ADM to charity. When they tell you no, go on twitter and as Honda Customer Service and ask them if they plan on making an affordable Civic TypeR. They will probably come back with its $33xxx, then link them to this dealer :thumbsup: