Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

Nemesis724

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Touring, 2013 Infiniti G37 Sedan Sport 6MT, 2007 Honda Civic Si 6MT, 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X (Sold), 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII (RIP)
Paint Protectant AND Auto Butler?
$100 for Nitrogen? WOW
Only worthwhile thing to me is wheel locks.
I completely agree with you. Wheel locks is a must have considering these are going to be an expensive set of oem wheels. Anything that is not a genuine oem honda accessory on that list is just a waste of money. $100 nitrogen? No thanks I'll pass. Never had any issues with regular "free" air :rolleyes:
Sponsored

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Ugh I hope I'm not stuck with wheel locks. Don't want them! I'd rather take the risk and keep insurance. It's not like the wheels will fit on any lower models anyway...

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Ok guys here's my update.
I just made my deposit at Heritage Honda in Rockville MD.
The good news
- $500 deposits, fully refundable for whatever reason.
- According to this salesman, they are not selling the car for a penny over MSRP. In fact, according to him, they aren't allowed to. He says it's a directive of the Honda sales rep. They can do accessories and junk, but cannot mark up the car. No idea if that varies from area to area (clearly it does in CA, FL etc) or if these dealers that have been 'telling' us about the markup are just gassing up the market. Think about it - you are under the impression there's going to be a $5000 markup. You walk in the dealership, they 'happen' to have one, and they play the 'well, everyone else is marking it up but we aren't here. Here you go, full MSRP plus these stupid stickers/accessories etc for $2200. Do we have a deal?'

The bad news
- I'm third on their list. Not too worried about this one because I am planning to get on a few more lists and leave deposits at about 5 or 6 dealers within the 150 mile range and just get the refund when one of them comes through.
- No info on when.
- No idea what color.
- Cars will come as allocation, not by order. Meaning, the dealer can't pick color. They take what Honda says they will take. I'm sure Honda has some plan or something that gives them a feeling as to what colors will sell where...

I'll let you know how it works out-

B

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Ok guys here's my update.
I just made my deposit at Heritage Honda in Rockville MD.
The good news
- $500 deposits, fully refundable for whatever reason.
- According to this salesman, they are not selling the car for a penny over MSRP. In fact, according to him, they aren't allowed to. He says it's a directive of the Honda sales rep. They can do accessories and junk, but cannot mark up the car. No idea if that varies from area to area (clearly it does in CA, FL etc) or if these dealers that have been 'telling' us about the markup are just gassing up the market. Think about it - you are under the impression there's going to be a $5000 markup. You walk in the dealership, they 'happen' to have one, and they play the 'well, everyone else is marking it up but we aren't here. Here you go, full MSRP plus these stupid stickers/accessories etc for $2200. Do we have a deal?'

The bad news
- I'm third on their list. Not too worried about this one because I am planning to get on a few more lists and leave deposits at about 5 or 6 dealers within the 150 mile range and just get the refund when one of them comes through.
- No info on when.
- No idea what color.
- Cars will come as allocation, not by order. Meaning, the dealer can't pick color. They take what Honda says they will take. I'm sure Honda has some plan or something that gives them a feeling as to what colors will sell where...

I'll let you know how it works out-

B

It's more of an auto group policy . Sonic, Penske, Autonation they all have similar policy on not putting mark-up, but they can put 10k worth of accessories. But still better than what Goudy Honda did. A Civic hatchback LX with after market body kit and leather seats + 2k mark-up : $32,000. lmfao. No wonder they keep servicing Hondas with other dealer's plastic on the back.

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
Folsom Lake Honda (Folsom, CA) told me MSRP is ?, but ADM of $9995 is likely to be added. They're getting 2; unknown color.

The hunt begins. If anyone in NorCal, or Reno can pass me an MSRP contact, I'm ready to deal.
Thanks for that info. They have been crossed out of my list.

vader2k

Darkside rider & Senior member
First Name
Alonzo-Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R. #433 (EPB). 07 Civic LX (TW)
Country flag
I'm from the downtown Sacramento area. Really doubt you'll find any msrp dealers in our area. I've asked pretty much everybody within a 50 mile radius, it's pretty bad with the mark-ups. Good luck with your search.

Bought my last car with them and serviced with them for 5yrs lol. Work across the street and praise them constantly. Loyalty be damned

Judd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Coupe, Type R
I'm from the downtown Sacramento area. Really doubt you'll find any msrp dealers in our area. I've asked pretty much everybody within a 50 mile radius, it's pretty bad with the mark-ups. Good luck with your search.
Had a dealer offer a markup today to get one. If anyone in the northeast is willing to pay a $5k markup, there is a championship white coming in June.

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
With markups like these they are going to cost more than the Focus RS.