Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Legally, PA doesn't allow any percentage of tint on front door glass or windshield. And that was my reasoning to them for not paying $700 for tint.

And I'm not paying for some dealer-mark-up tint from someone I don't know for $700. I just got mine done for less than half that with the best tint xpel makes. Installation is everything too. Way too many bad tint examples and collateral damage to car during install... $700 for a hatchback Civic? That's comical
Ok. So, it’s really about the $$. That’s ok. We understand that dealers install tint and other items as a profit generator. I would never let a dealer install tint either.

But PA does allow tint on the front side, rear side and back window and you obviously had your car tinted.
Sponsored

J o n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Z/28, '22 Ridgeline , '22 CR-V Hybrid
Country flag
But PA does allow tint on the front side, rear side and back window and you obviously had your car tinted.
Yes, my car is illegal with the front doors done. Not allowed in state of PA. I can be fined and be required to remove it

J o n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

J o n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Every site I’ve referenced say the same thing - PA allows 70% on front sides, rear sides and rear window.
Next time myself, family members, and friends get pulled over we'll tell the cop and magistrate..."branyco" from a Civic forum said he looked on some websites they conflict with Pennsylvania's laws.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Next time myself, family members, and friends get pulled over we'll tell the cop and magistrate..."branyco" from a Civic forum said he looked on some websites they conflict with Pennsylvania's laws.
While I’m pretty sure that would work, you might instead reference this Penn DOT document (sorry about the format, but I’m sure you could find it on some website.

FACT SHEET
Vehicle Window Tint
In 1996, PennDOT adopted regulations regarding the use of window tint on vehicles operated on Pennsylvania highways. These regulations also eliminated the requirement that window tint be checked at the time of inspection. However, vehicle owners who have window tint materials that exceed the light transmittance requirements indicated below may be stopped and cited while operating their vehicle on the highway.
The table below is designed to assist you in determining what level of window tint is acceptable under the current regulations. The percentages represent the total minimum light transmittance permitted. For example, if the minimum light transmittance noted is 70 percent, this means 70 percent of the light contacting the window must pass through the window.
VEHICLE TYPE
WINDSHIELD
FRONT SIDE WINDOWS
& WINGS
REAR SIDE WINDOWS
& WINGS
REAR WINDOW
Pre-1998 Passenger Cars
1998 & Newer Passenger Cars
Medium/Heavy Trucks & Buses
70% 70% 70% 70% 70% 70%
70% 70% No Requirement
VESC-20 1 70%
No Requirement No Requirement
Trucks & Multi- Purpose Passenger Vehicles 2
70%
70%
No Requirement
No Requirement
All Other Vehicles 70%
70% No Requirement
1 Must display a label, permanently installed between the window tint material and the window to which it is applied, containing the name of the material manufacturer or a registration number and the statement, “Complies with VESC-20.”
2 For the purpose of this fact sheet, multi-purpose passenger vehicles are defined as vehicles that are built on a truck chassis or specifically designed for occasional off-road use.
Medical exemptions are available for the use of colorless window tint products that filter incoming ultra violet light. To apply for a medical exemption or for questions regarding the medical exemption process, contact PennDOT’s Medical Unit at (717) 787-9662.
Questions regarding window tint materials may be directed to PennDOT’s Vehicle Inspection Division at (717) 787-2895.
April 2017

J o n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the due diligence and consideration for us... 70% doesn't apply to anyone. 35%, 20%, 5% is all we and others get

And law enforcement simply states no tint because 70% rule is non-existent to the eye

Last edited:

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the due diligence and consideration for us... 70% doesn't apply to anyone. 35%, 20%, 5% is all we and others get
I think you are confused. Contrary to what you have continued to post, PA does allow tint on front side windows. Should a PA resident tint ANY window > 70% (darker tint), that would indeed be illegal.

Anyway, it’s ok to admit when you are wrong. Really, it’s ok.

J o n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think you are confused. Contrary to what you have continued to post, PA does allow tint on front side windows. Should a PA resident tint ANY window > 70% (darker tint), that would indeed be illegal.

Anyway, it’s ok to admit when you are wrong. Really, it’s ok.
You're a bummer, man. In my short time on this forum, looking through and enjoying the information sharing on this forum, I've noticed if you're involved in a thread you always have an agenda to twist the narrative to belittle others. Even the few interactions you've had with me. Always need to go out of your way to make yourself feel superior somehow, someway. This conversation is no different, through and through.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You're a bummer, man. In my short time on this forum, looking through and enjoying the information sharing on this forum, I've noticed if you're involved in a thread you always have an agenda to twist the narrative to belittle others. Even the few interactions you've had with me. Always need to go out of your way to make yourself feel superior somehow, someway. This conversation is no different, through and through.
Err. Pot, meet kettle.

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R 2020 4Runner 2019 Camry 2011 Accord
Country flag
Autonation Honda of Lewisville TX have a black 2019 but want 5k ADM, It's been there almost 4 months. I have spoken to Classic Honda of Texoma about putting 1k down on their first 2020 at MSRP and they seem like they are going to sell it to me for that, they are good about not charging ADM but sometimes they do a mark up for charity..... That's all good but I'm can't drop 43k for the car. I've purchased 5 vehicles from them in the last 3 years so I hope they come through for me.

Paid off my wife's 2019 Camry so I could put an R in the stable, now I just gotta wait and find one without the rip off mark up. I cross shopped the WRX STI and one dealer offered a new 2020 with a few add-ons for 35k. That was kind of hard to say no to haha but the heart wants what the heart wants.

Last edited:

J o n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Great commentary on ADM and dealerships taking advantage of buyers by Stephen Serio (buyer for Jerry Seinfeld's collection):

"Short sighted thing"
"Car dealers... Shocking, they'd do something in poor taste"

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/therealbondgroup/

Recent article on him:
"Looking for a Rare Classic Car? This Is the Guy Billionaires Trust
Inside the underground world of the agents buying and selling the world’s million-dollar classic vehicles."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...o-find-that-rare-classic-car?srnd=pursuits-vp

Last edited:

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
shopped the WRX STI and one dealer offered a new 2020 with a few add-ons for 35k.
Dang that is a solid deal. I've been wondering how 2020 STIs are selling given the 2021 will be a complete refresh in and out. I've always liked STIs, but like you, the CTR was where my heart is. Especially having only owned Hondas in the past.

If you can get MSRP on a 2020 you're on the right track

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R 2020 4Runner 2019 Camry 2011 Accord
Country flag
Dang that is a solid deal. I've been wondering how 2020 STIs are selling given the 2021 will be a complete refresh in and out. I've always liked STIs, but like you, the CTR was where my heart is. Especially having only owned Hondas in the past.

If you can get MSRP on a 2020 you're on the right track
Indeed! With a price thousands cheaper than the R and a special deal on financing.... man.....

Whelp after speaking with close to a dozen dealers within 150 miles from me, 1 was willing to do MSRP on a 2019 in red with the only add-on being tint. There are too many dealers for me to update the naughty list with. The Texoma area is rough. My dealer that I've purchased 5 cars from stopped responding to my messages about reserving a 2020. So I think I'm gonna go for the 2019. I actually don't want the Honda sensing and don't care about any of the 2020 updates except the radiator. Granted I will never track the car so maybe it won't really effect me much. I put 500 down to hold it for pick up on Saturday. The wife is part of all this so I can't fly anywhere or drive further for a purchase. Crossing my fingers it all works out.

Saturday update: Got my 2019 Red Type-R and I wouldn't trade it for anything. This thing is a masterpiece! I had a 2012, 2015 and 2018 Si and none of them can even compare to what this car is. Just wow
Sponsored

Last edited: