Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R; 03' Mitsubishi EVO; 2018 Polaris Slingshot SL-R
Country flag
I’m not talking about losing “value” but paying over msrp for a used type r is just not feasible. Why would anyone in their right mind pay over msrp for a used type r when they can find one at msrp.
It depends on how "used" the car is. If the dealer is selling for over MSRP for a brand new one ($5k-$15k), and there is a used one that has 1k miles on it for MSRP at the same dealer, why not? You are saving money.

Now if you say you can find a TypeR for MSRP anywhere in the states so why buy a used one for MSRP, then yea, I agree with you. The question will boil down to how far do they have to travel to get one for MSRP. Is it worth the $1k to get it shipped from another state? Maybe.. or maybe not.
Sponsored

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok. There are so many people complaining about the ADM. Has anyone thought that this car is too low for MSRP. Honda will not continue to release these to the U.S. indefinitely. With the plant closing in UK, they will not be able to produce them past 2020. Their goals are set on electric vehicles for the 11th generation. So this is possibly the last year of the TypeR as we know it. 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020. Done. Look at the Integra TypeR. That wasn't made several years in a row. They stopped that production too.

I guess what I'm saying is - maybe the car is literally worth the $42-$48k the dealers are asking for.

Kekela98a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
It depends on how "used" the car is. If the dealer is selling for over MSRP for a brand new one ($5k-$15k), and there is a used one that has 1k miles on it for MSRP at the same dealer, why not? You are saving money.

Now if you say you can find a TypeR for MSRP anywhere in the states so why buy a used one for MSRP, then yea, I agree with you. The question will boil down to how far do they have to travel to get one for MSRP. Is it worth the $1k to get it shipped from another state? Maybe.. or maybe not.
Drove 30 mins to get mine as Msrp in NY. It just takes looking around.

CtrlAltElite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Civic Type R
Country flag
Ok. There are so many people complaining about the ADM. Has anyone thought that this car is too low for MSRP. Honda will not continue to release these to the U.S. indefinitely. With the plant closing in UK, they will not be able to produce them past 2020. Their goals are set on electric vehicles for the 11th generation. So this is possibly the last year of the TypeR as we know it. 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020. Done. Look at the Integra TypeR. That wasn't made several years in a row. They stopped that production too.

I guess what I'm saying is - maybe the car is literally worth the $42-$48k the dealers are asking for.
It's not worth what the dealers are asking. It's a very special Civic, but it's still a Civic underneath it all.

Also, the UK plant is closing after this generation is done, sometime after 2021. Production of the next-gen Type-R would be moved to the US afterwards.

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's not worth what the dealers are asking. It's a very special Civic, but it's still a Civic underneath it all.
What does "it's still a Civic underneath" mean? That it's made of less quality? It's not a good car? By your reasoning, I should say "My EVO isn't worth it's resale value because afterall it's still a Lancer underneath.." That's silly.

Also, the UK plant is closing after this generation is done, sometime after 2021. Production of the next-gen Type-R would be moved to the US afterwards.
This generation is done after model year 2020. You aren't going to see 10th gen TypeRs in 2021 that have the same chassis as what we have now (i.e. they already mentioned next gen would be hybrid electric tech). If they move construction to the US, they still have to build it up from scratch. You think that doesn't take any time at all?

junktea1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR, Countryman
Country flag
Love reading about these shenanigans concerning the MSRP. So glad I bought mine earlier this year and don't have to deal with this non-sense anymore.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. tumblr_mqusb0r1FO1s7fii0o1_400

OneSickFK8

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM FK8
Country flag
Holman Honda in Fort Lauderdale had a $7500 upcharge on the window of a 2019 PMM CTR. They dropped it after I laughed about it. Still ended up being too high.

Pierito

First Name
Piero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R (CW), 2007 Honda S2000 (SS)
Country flag
I can't believe this charade is still going on. I bought mine for MSRP + the price of locking wheel lugs and all weather floor mats in Staten Island Honda. If I lived in California, I wouldn't even bother looking in-state. Seems like a blood bath over there.

Kekela98a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I can't believe this charade is still going on. I bought mine for MSRP + the price of locking wheel lugs and all weather floor mats in Staten Island Honda. If I lived in California, I wouldn't even bother looking in-state. Seems like a blood bath over there.
Lol, Staten Island Honda charged me 1.5K for my CW CTR. I was ok with the extra charge since most dealerships in NY wanted over 5K for the CW.

SeoulTempo

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Accord Sport SE
Country flag
Galpin Honda in Los Angeles charging $5000 ADM on 2019 (but was willing to reduce to get it out). Metro Honda about an hour away from LA charging $5000 ADM + $5800 dealer installed options on 2019.

b534202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR WRX Legacy Hellcat LC500 GRC
Country flag
Galpin Honda in Los Angeles charging $5000 ADM on 2019 (but was willing to reduce to get it out). Metro Honda about an hour away from LA charging $5000 ADM + $5800 dealer installed options on 2019.
Go next door and buy it in AZ.

afranzen2113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 civic
Country flag
Spoke with a salesman at Sloane Honda in Philadelphia PA, asking $41,845 plus tax, tags, doc fee

afranzen2113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 civic
Country flag
Just finished talking to Rosenthal Landmark in Alexandria Virginia, quoted me 41-44k OTD. When I told them I found better offers that have sold elsewhere, and that the car has been on their lot for almost a year without selling, they responded with "if you have anyone selling it for under $40k go buy it because it the best deal"
Sponsored