Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

VONsic

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura Integra
Country flag
Called today and already sold on fathers day. I was too late :(
That sucks. I'm sorry you were unable to get that CTR. There are still more out there just keep looking. Some dealers on offer up, offer the car for 41k ish. some of them.

That is what me and my brother were mentioning. If everyone went in requesting MSRP and everyone learned how to walk away, everyone would be paying MSRP or the cars would just be sitting on the lot. But impatience kills =/
It's all the old Franks with extra income that kinda ruined it for the ones trying to buy it at MSRP. Maybe when we hit that old Frank age we can get the new Honda Civic XYZ.
Sponsored

ldiaz04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 toyota camry, 2015 Yamaha YZFR3
Country flag
That sucks. I'm sorry you were unable to get that CTR. There are still more out there just keep looking. Some dealers on offer up, offer the car for 41k ish. some of them.

It's all the old Franks with extra income that kinda ruined it for the ones trying to buy it at MSRP. Maybe when we hit that old Frank age we can get the new Honda Civic XYZ.
Trying to negotiate currently over the phone with a dealer in AZ willing to sell at MSRP currently. Just gotta wait patiently for finance to be setup now.

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag
It's all the old Franks with extra income that kinda ruined it for the ones trying to buy it at MSRP. Maybe when we hit that old Frank age we can get the new Honda Civic XYZ

Got any proof of your claim? Or are you just blowing smoke? Kind of like if i were to claim "it's all the young, dumb guys/gals taking out 72 or 84 month loans with monthly payments they can barely afford". Or "It's the trust fund babies". Or "It's the young techies with stock options."

You live in a city with ~4,000,000 people and a state with ten times that many. Plenty of those people have more money than God. And you are competing with some of them to buy a car that's in high demand.

Sorry but just hitting that old Frank age isn't going to get you the new Honda Civic XYZ. You need to get yourself a marketable education/skill then save and invest for decades. Takes some sacrifice to get there.

And here's an idea: Spend a few hundred dollars on a plane ticket to go to the midwest to a dealership willing to sell you your dream car at MSRP. Or spend $1,000 - $1,500 to have the car shipped to you. Plenty of people have done that.

Sure it would be nice and easy if we could always get a car at MSRP (or below) from our nearest Honda dealer but for most people life isn't nice and easy.

VONsic

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura Integra
Country flag
Got any proof of your claim? Or are you just blowing smoke? Kind of like if i were to claim "it's all the young, dumb guys/gals taking out 72 or 84 month loans with monthly payments they can barely afford". Or "It's the trust fund babies". Or "It's the young techies with stock options."

You live in a city with ~4,000,000 people and a state with ten times that many. Plenty of those people have more money than God. And you are competing with some of them to buy a car that's in high demand.

Sorry but just hitting that old Frank age isn't going to get you the new Honda Civic XYZ. You need to get yourself a marketable education/skill then save and invest for decades. Takes some sacrifice to get there.

And here's an idea: Spend a few hundred dollars on a plane ticket to go to the midwest to a dealership willing to sell you your dream car at MSRP. Or spend $1,000 - $1,500 to have the car shipped to you. Plenty of people have done that.

Sure it would be nice and easy if we could always get a car at MSRP (or below) from our nearest Honda dealer but for most people life isn't nice and easy.
Dealerships have that information if you ask; there is a list started for you on the first page if you would like to call. Yes, I'm investing and sacrificing time now so that when I hit that old frank age I'll have enough to invest in a want. But, to me right now it's spending that extra 10 to 15k adm on a vehicle or drop it on a house. It's ok to be older and still have wants because I know I'm going to want some wicked classic eventually.

Also, I do like your idea. That's been an option since I first joined this domain. it has a lot of information If you look for it.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
I just want to say I was wrong. Its been a while and ADM is still being asked for which is surprising considering it’s not a limited edition vehicle.

VONsic

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura Integra
Country flag
I just want to say I was wrong. Its been a while and ADM is still being asked for which is surprising considering it’s not a limited edition vehicle.
The dealers keep telling me its a classic for years to come lol

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
The dealers keep telling me its a classic for years to come lol
And they may be right, but that's TBD. Its not a classic yet and supplies aren't super limited so Type Rs carrying a ADM at this point is pretty ridiculous.

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
Boy was I wrong. I thought the ADMs would be long gone by now. It doesn't look like it is going to get better anytime soon in SoCal. Inventory levels are crap right now. Hardly anything in SD. Barely any new shipments in the past month either. Nationwide Cargurus listings went from 600 to 300 in the past month.

Now it's on Honda. If they aren't going to deliver cars, then there isn't any hope for us in SoCal. I'm a super loyal Honda guy, but we're 2 years in now and if Honda really cared about fixing it, they'd ship in enough cars to fix it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 typeR
Country flag
We in SoCal blame the dealers for the markups but it’s all about supply and demand. There are many people looking to buy who are not members of this forum. Cars are been sold even with markups, maybe not at +10k, for sure at +2-3k. If the dealers decide to sell at msrp tomorrow, it will go so fast not everyone on Civicx who’s been waiting for msrp will be able to get one.

VONsic

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura Integra
Country flag
And they may be right, but that's TBD. Its not a classic yet and supplies aren't super limited so Type Rs carrying a ADM at this point is pretty ridiculous.
Heck yea. We will see. Hopefully we get more generations of the type r rather than four.

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
We in SoCal blame the dealers for the markups but it’s all about supply and demand. There are many people looking to buy who are not members of this forum. Cars are been sold even with markups, maybe not at +10k, for sure at +2-3k. If the dealers decide to sell at msrp tomorrow, it will go so fast not everyone on Civicx who’s been waiting for msrp will be able to get one.
Agreed. That's why I thought this would be over 18 months ago. I underestimated demand and I overestimated supply. I have never blamed the dealers, but I always figured Honda was constrained on volume so I was giving them a pass too. It's been 2 years though. Honda could have fixed this by now if they had really wanted to.

EDIT: Just checked and SD is again starting to get some inventory shown as coming in. About damn time.

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi! New CivicX member here...and first time Honda owner. Came from an assortment of car over 15 years, but have always remained with manuals, something enjoyable to drive etc. Somehow I kept going back to wanting my Evo IX SE 2006 modified and tuned by AMS. Most recent car was a 2016 5 speed Focus SE Sedan with a custom exhaust and other stuff. Not great but fun to drive and has been reliable. I've been looking at everything from Scat Pack Widebodys to Alfas. Ultimately I wanted something that is maybe useful here in WI and had some kind of "what's that" type look or feel. Decided on the Type R when I was given a MSRP deal in IL. Normally wouldn't pay MSRP but everywhere else has been, 3-4K higher, 5K higher, or just not there but still posted for sale. Also getting really hard to get a good manual on any platform for a normal price.

Coming off the truck in the next 3-4 days, Black as my Evo was. Already have a R400 on the way, seemed something I liked the sound of and familiar with them on the WRX's I had. Will tint and that's about it for this summer. Looking forward to more!

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag
Long list of dealers still applying ADMs to Type Rs within the past week:

Honda Conyers (Conyers, GA) - wouldn't even give a price, at least $5k over
Hennessy Honda (Woodstock, GA) - $3k over
Autonation Honda (Atlanta, GA) - $6k over
Pye Honda (Rome, GA) - $10k over
Superior Honda (Cincinnati, OH) - $5.5k over

Just ridiculous. They don't even care if they sell - one of the dealers has a 2018 still in stock and their '19 was delivered in January.

Hoang_Honda

First Name
Hoang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Accord V6 Touring. 17 Civic Si Coupe.
Country flag
I went to Normree Hungtinton Beach to buy an R but It has 5k ADM. I show them this list, and they said they never sold any R at msrp
Sponsored