Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

chandlervt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Subaru WRX
Country flag
I reached out last Saturday, said they were putting accessories on it and would get back to me regarding price. Haven't heard a thing. Not sure they're really interested in selling it.
Lucky you! You at least received a response. I never did. I think you should start playing Powerball if you aren't already ;)
Sponsored

Namkcart

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW Type R
Country flag
Lucky you! You at least received a response. I never did. I think you should start playing Powerball if you aren't already ;)
I’ll consider a lottery ticket once I get my Rallye Red Type R! Saw a couple in the Houston area may need to take a drive out there...

Last edited:

Vanct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 CTR #20802, GE8 FIT
Country flag
From my experience in years past, Honda of McKinney is one of the worst. Bait and switch with what colors or models they have on the lot, try to get you on the lot under any pretense, make you wait hours to break you while they "go ask the manager", no customer service skills, just cutthroat sales tactics. Avoid.

scottjua

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Subaru STI, 2019 SGP Civic Type R
Country flag
I went into Honda of Mckinney today. I spoke to a salesperson who can remain nameless for now. I asked the salesperson how much for their red CTR on the floor. I said I think the sticker is about 36.5k... They said 45k. I asked if it was loaded with options. They said no. I asked, really? (*in a shocking manner). They said yes. I said but it only lists for 36.5k. They said "I was told to say that". I said, oh, that makes sense. LOL. I told the salesperson I am on a civic forum and we compare notes. I said they can actually be had at MSRP if I want to ship from out of state. They said, well, you can make an offer. I said no thanks. (My wife is almost talked into it but not quite :)) She said she hasn't driven a stick in 40 yrs (I am old).....I told her I haven't in 25 yrs. She said yeah, but you used to drive one all of the time. I said, ok, you got me. I am getting closer to getting one, I think.

Try David McDAvid Frisco... I had a decent experience I just posted about in the Texas thread.

licelsior

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW, 2003 S2000
Country flag
Autosport Honda in Bridgewater, NJ 08807 asking $45k
Causeway Honda in Manahawkin, NJ 08050 asking $42k. They currently have the car listed at $34k but when you call them and sound interested, they will change the price and say oh that was a error but we can sell it to you at $xx,xxx. This is what happened to me just two weeks ago.

norbert

First Name
Norbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M5
Country flag
Hi guys. First time poster. Interested in a CTR. My first car was a CRX Si bought new. Got an email from Russell Smith Honda in Houston for a CW they have coming in. Does anyone have experience dealing with them for a CTR? I’ve bought a couple of cars from them. Thanks!

BloodType

First Name
CTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
Well took the day off

Spent 4 hours between two dealers. Msrp +$2,000. They wouldnt accept

Walked out.
Yeah, that's the California tax. I have requested quotes from about 10 dealerships from NorCal through SoCal and all have markups. Also no surprise most of those cars quoted are still sitting in the lots waiting for dumb buyers who have not came since 2017.

I relented and paid $800 over MSRP (built into the price of an alarm) for a white one but definitely not an enjoyable experience talking to all the other Honda dealers.

MR2S2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MR2 S2000
Country flag
Yeah, that's the California tax. I have requested quotes from about 10 dealerships from NorCal through SoCal and all have markups. Also no surprise most of those cars quoted are still sitting in the lots waiting for dumb buyers who have not came since 2017.

I relented and paid $800 over MSRP (built into the price of an alarm) for a white one but definitely not an enjoyable experience talking to all the other Honda dealers.
I usually buy out of state. But I am short on time now, so decided to pay the cost of shipping $1500 to MSRP. However, even at $2,000 + MSRP, no bites today. Clean deal. No trades. etc.

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
Hi guys. First time poster. Interested in a CTR. My first car was a CRX Si bought new. Got an email from Russell Smith Honda in Houston for a CW they have coming in. Does anyone have experience dealing with them for a CTR? I’ve bought a couple of cars from them. Thanks!
If I were you I would ask what is the out of door price and ask for a price breakdown through email before visiting the dealership. Make sure that's priced where you feel comfortable paying before wasting your time there and they tell you they want 15k over MSRP