Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

spacemanspiff

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Civic Type R, 2006 Toyota Corolla S
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Be willing to travel is the key. It seems that most of Ohio is still at MSRP.
It's hit or miss with the Central Ohio dealerships. Buckeye Honda in Lancaster, Lindsay Honda in Columbus, Germain Honda in Dublin, and Honda Marysville all add significant ADM, or at least they did when I was shopping for mine a couple months ago.

Roush Honda (where I got mine) and Hugh White Honda (from what I remember) offered at sticker.
Sponsored

Type R_GSR_STI

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
White Allen Honda, Ohio, Downtown Dayton, $5K ADM, was there last week. They have a Crystal Black.

chandlervt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Subaru WRX
Country flag
Dealers are still doing mark up. Alot of you just need to find the best deal and get your type R already. Everyone who has bought one has moved on about whatever they paid and are enjoying the car.
Sure, you would say that. I am sure there is no conflict of interest for you considering you work at a Honda dealership and keep pitching in Type Rs with ADM.

LuckyTypeROwner18

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tonkin Gresham Honda located at: 24999 SE STARK STREET GRESHAM, OR 97060 has a beautiful 2019 Sonic Grey CTR that's been on its showroom floor for maybe 1 week. The GM decided to install and include every extra piece of accessories one can possibly buy ranging from high wall all weather floor mats to wireless charger and ALL carbon fiber options. Sadly, they are TRYING to sell this vehicle for $49,xxx. I went in to buy a few accessories for my CTR, specifically the Type R All Weather Trunk Tray and Cargo Net. A salesman approached me and had the nerve to ask me if I wanted to trade up and I about lost it laughing in front of him. I said, as politely as I could, "No thank you"..."I see no reason to play into your games with regards to this huge AMD increase and very unnecessary increase in price". The salesmen then asked where I bought mine and I replied, " I decided to drive 120 miles South from here to deal with a respectable and fair Honda dealership buying mine for much much cheaper. Anyway, thought I'd add to this list ~cheers everyone.

Five12free

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 16 GT4, 18 Raptor
Sanford Honda in NC, white that’s got $5k ADM and Leith Honda of Aberdeen in NC has a white with $4k ADM.

jinderC

Tonkin Gresham Honda located at: 24999 SE STARK STREET GRESHAM, OR 97060 has a beautiful 2019 Sonic Grey CTR that's been on its showroom floor for maybe 1 week. The GM decided to install and include every extra piece of accessories one can possibly buy ranging from high wall all weather floor mats to wireless charger and ALL carbon fiber options. Sadly, they are TRYING to sell this vehicle for $49,xxx. I went in to buy a few accessories for my CTR, specifically the Type R All Weather Trunk Tray and Cargo Net. A salesman approached me and had the nerve to ask me if I wanted to trade up and I about lost it laughing in front of him. I said, as politely as I could, "No thank you"..."I see no reason to play into your games with regards to this huge AMD increase and very unnecessary increase in price". The salesmen then asked where I bought mine and I replied, " I decided to drive 120 miles South from here to deal with a respectable and fair Honda dealership buying mine for much much cheaper. Anyway, thought I'd add to this list ~cheers everyone.
Lol. Almost $50,000 US? Wow
Some dealers are just plain DUMB

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Sanford Honda in NC, white that’s got $5k ADM and Leith Honda of Aberdeen in NC has a white with $4k ADM.
Wow I thought most NC dealers had gone to MSRP shortly after I bought mine. Guess not. ha Good grief... I wonder if Leith Honda will come to MSRP as I know they are part of the Honda in Cary right? Honda in Cary sells at MSRP at least from what one of the managers told me when he told me I could join his 3-6 month wait list before I finally found mine. Hmmmm Might be worth a shot to contact them and try for MSRP or maybe ask Honda of Cary to transfer it in if owned by same group. Just a thought.

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
Any one ask to test drive one at dealers? There is one on Turo I am thinking of renting. Want to see how it compares against my TSP stage 1 SI on everyday use. Thinking of switching or just upgrading the clutch (get clutch slip on setting 3 of the tune)

Price-wise I will wait until I find one for MSRP if I decide the switch is worth it.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any one ask to test drive one at dealers? There is one on Turo I am thinking of renting. Want to see how it compares against my TSP stage 1 SI on everyday use. Thinking of switching or just upgrading the clutch (get clutch slip on setting 3 of the tune)

Price-wise I will wait until I find one for MSRP if I decide the switch is worth it.
I honestly dont think comparing a TSP Stage 1 to a stock power R is gonna be a fair comparison. You would really want to drive a tuned R to compare to your TSP Stage 1.

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
I honestly dont think comparing a TSP Stage 1 to a stock power R is gonna be a fair comparison. You would really want to drive a tuned R to compare to your TSP Stage 1.
That's the thing. I wouldn't tune it. I was never happy with a stock SI power. Want to see if I would be on the Type R. I already have ktuner but going through the unlock process would be annoying to me enough to not do it lol

If driving the Type R around town and city speeds is similar to TSP stage 1 plus added HP up top for highway use. I would be happy with that. Then when I feel I want to tune it for more up top power I will.

Five12free

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 16 GT4, 18 Raptor
Wow I thought most NC dealers had gone to MSRP shortly after I bought mine. Guess not. ha Good grief... I wonder if Leith Honda will come to MSRP as I know they are part of the Honda in Cary right? Honda in Cary sells at MSRP at least from what one of the managers told me when he told me I could join his 3-6 month wait list before I finally found mine. Hmmmm Might be worth a shot to contact them and try for MSRP or maybe ask Honda of Cary to transfer it in if owned by same group. Just a thought.
They’re able to dream I suppose. I got mine at Honda of Cary for MSRP. Walked in and got the next one in line.

Broin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 CW Type R, '19 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag

civic5x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Type R, '16 Civic Sedan Touring, 2016 Land Rover LR4
Country flag
I went into Honda of Mckinney today. I spoke to a salesperson who can remain nameless for now. I asked the salesperson how much for their red CTR on the floor. I said I think the sticker is about 36.5k... They said 45k. I asked if it was loaded with options. They said no. I asked, really? (*in a shocking manner). They said yes. I said but it only lists for 36.5k. They said "I was told to say that". I said, oh, that makes sense. LOL. I told the salesperson I am on a civic forum and we compare notes. I said they can actually be had at MSRP if I want to ship from out of state. They said, well, you can make an offer. I said no thanks. (My wife is almost talked into it but not quite :)) She said she hasn't driven a stick in 40 yrs (I am old).....I told her I haven't in 25 yrs. She said yeah, but you used to drive one all of the time. I said, ok, you got me. I am getting closer to getting one, I think.

Last edited:

Namkcart

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW Type R
Country flag
I went into Honda of Mckinney today. I spoke to a salesperson who can remain nameless for now. I asked the salesperson how much for their red CTR on the floor. I said I think the sticker is about 36.5k... They said 45k. I asked if it was loaded with options. They said no. I asked, really? (*in a shocking manner). They said yes. I said but it only lists for 36.5k. They said "I was told to say that". I said, oh, that makes sense. LOL. I told the salesperson I am on a civic forum and we compare notes. I said they can actually be had at MSRP if I want to ship from out of state. They said, well, you can make an offer. I said no thanks. (My wife is almost talked into it but not quite :)) She said she hasn't driven a stick in 40 yrs (I am old).....I told her I haven't in 25 yrs. She said yeah, but you used to drive one all of the time. I said, ok, you got me. I am getting closer to getting one, I think.
I reached out last Saturday, said they were putting accessories on it and would get back to me regarding price. Haven't heard a thing. Not sure they're really interested in selling it.
Sponsored