Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
I read in another thread they started production on 2019s the first week of October. And that one person was already getting theirs in December-January. I think that sales guy was being a sales guy and lying so he'd get the sale of a 2018.
Sponsored

boweldi

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50S Hybrid
Country flag
Can confirm, they wanted 50k from me.
Con artists

Avoid Rusty Wallis Honda in Dallas. They have 2 Type Rs that have been sitting on the lot for 57 days and there are 8 other Type Rs in Dallas-Ft. Worth just sitting as well.

I got a voicemail from Robert Hill stating I'd better come in because they are going to sell fast and these are the last 2 they have for 2018. He then goes on to say they are stopping production of all the hatchbacks including the Type R. If this car sells itself, you don't have to lie. I think they are getting worried their crown jewels aren't so shiny and new any more.

FaDz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 200sx sev6; 2018 civic type-r
Country flag
Just got word from one of my friends at metro honda in montclair that they have 2 champ white with no mark up BUT they have put accessories on it such as tint, protection package and other stuff. I would post this on the below or msrp price thread but with the add ons its still over msrp. If anyone is interested give them a call and ask for aaron from parts and he’ll find someone from sales to help you out

Vanct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 CTR #20802, GE8 FIT
Country flag
@Vanct Hasn't Honda officially confirmed a 2019 Type R? I think so right?
Yeah, but I can't remember if it was officially in writing but everything we've seen points to yes, especially the color code for Sonic Gray showing in the dealer computer systems and people being able to place orders for 2019s.

Sure, typical salesman tactics and high risk/high reward to land that whale they are looking for. But also a good way to spread the word that your dealership is full of scumbags and should be avoided.

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
I don't know how much this says but why would a dealership list a car that would not be continuing?

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. 20181026_123339

destoups

First Name
Des
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
Lol true! Well, I dealt with Jared at South Hills Honda and I got mine at msrp with no add ons. The experience was easy and no hassle at all. My shipping costs was $1,100. I’m completely satisfied. I believe he has a 2019 PMM coming in if I’m not mistaken.
Grabbed, and thanks!

chandlervt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Subaru WRX
Country flag
Avoid Rusty Wallis Honda in Dallas. They have 2 Type Rs that have been sitting on the lot for 57 days and there are 8 other Type Rs in Dallas-Ft. Worth just sitting as well.

I got a voicemail from Robert Hill stating I'd better come in because they are going to sell fast and these are the last 2 they have for 2018. He then goes on to say they are stopping production of all the hatchbacks including the Type R. If this car sells itself, you don't have to lie. I think they are getting worried their crown jewels aren't so shiny and new any more.
Thanks. Noted . Will definitely avoid.

dn7309

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport
Country flag

LOL, I always enjoy hearing these crazy stories.

Sirploppy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 BMW M3 Sedan, 03 Miata
Country flag
White Allen Honda in Dayton OH just got a red one in. Wanted to Run numbers with $5k markup. I said I will only buy at MSRP. That was the end of the discussion.

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag

I don't know how much this says but why would a dealership list a car that would not be continuing?

20181026_123339.jpg
That is likely that way for 1 of 2 reasons. 1. They have a markup up and want you to call to find out. 2. They don't know the MSRP yet. Likely the MSRP will go up for 2019 as it did in 2018.

destoups

First Name
Des
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
Manley Honda in Santa Rosa, California, emails today that it has two new TypeRs in stock, and "we would have only $3,000 over MSRP. Do you want to book one of them under your name?"

jgoods90

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR, 2007 GPW S2000 (sold)
Country flag
Manley Honda in Santa Rosa, California, emails today that it has two new TypeRs in stock, and "we would have only $3,000 over MSRP. Do you want to book one of them under your name?"
Did they say what colors?

dn7309

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport
Country flag
Mile High Honda can suck it. I called them a few months ago asking about the Civic Type R and they told me its MSRP + 5000 non negotiable. They asked if I want to put down a deposite. I flat out told them no, not for the price they're asking.

Today they called me ask told me they got two of them and asked me if I want to come in to work out a deal (even though I didn't put down a deposit or add myself to their "list"). I told them its MSRP or nothing and I'm too busy. The guy (I think his name is Ron or Rob?) danced around the topic and tried to gave me a lecture on how a "rare" and "special" car demand market pricing based on their own market research. This is the FAIR price.

All this got me thinking, I don't think the wait list that dealers are telling me about actually exist. Since every dealers I contacted asked me if I want to be put on the wait list, and I always said no, but they always called me when they get a car in stock.
Sponsored