Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

TROOPTYPE-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord Sport, 2018 Civic Type R Champion White
Country flag
I just got my CW CTR about a week ago and I had to drive 300 miles to pick it up. This is what the dealer was originally asking. During my search, there were only 4 dealers that have CW CTR in the showroom in Cali...

811B7F93-F7A8-4704-B355-A58330013BB0.jpeg
So what did you actually pay?

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
I wouldn't mind buying one if there were some accessories involved but once they get that dealer markup in there... :mad:

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
Honda has protection packages that include floor mats, mud flaps, etc., the one I saw they had was an "all season"; nothing for desert specific. And yeah they're probably trying to yank more green from your wallet. I read on a Tacoma forum of someone having a desert package, but nothing on Honda from what I looked at.

boweldi

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50S Hybrid
Country flag
Lot of dealers in Dallas / fort Worth still not coming down much. If anyone has a lead please PM me.
Most are around 40k to 42k mark, and some are asking me for 50 grand....they have one or two on their lots just sitting there for a month or two. Rest of them have had theirs for a month now with more getting delivered every week.

ExileAeterna

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just a quick note those in Cali and the surrounding area, larry h Miller honda in boise Idaho gets about 7 or so a year, and sells them between MSRP and 2k markup with minor add ons such as tint and high wall floor mats included.

TROOPTYPE-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Best I could do was 43k out the door including tax and fees. This was after calling all Honda dealers in Cali that had a CW CTR on their lot.
That sucks. I live in Las Vegas and had the same fight. You have to look out of state. I finally got my CW CTR at msrp in PA. I had mine shipped and I am expecting it to arrive this Friday. I refused to pay ADM. CA is wild and out of control! I’ll be posting up once I get her.

Unyot

First Name
Unyot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX-S aspec/CTR
That sucks. I live in Las Vegas and had the same fight. You have to look out of state. I finally got my CW CTR at msrp in PA. I had mine shipped and I am expecting it to arrive this Friday. I refused to pay ADM. CA is wild and out of control! I’ll be posting up once I get her.
I hear you. I thought about looking out of state also, but didn’t want to deal with the hassle. I just thought, maybe if I pick up a few shift at work that should cover the add ons...lol, but please do post pics of your car once you get it.

TROOPTYPE-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I hear you. I thought about looking out of state also, but didn’t want to deal with the hassle. I just thought, maybe if I pick up a few shift at work that should cover the add ons...lol, but please do post pics of your car once you get it.
Lol true! Well, I dealt with Jared at South Hills Honda and I got mine at msrp with no add ons. The experience was easy and no hassle at all. My shipping costs was $1,100. I’m completely satisfied. I believe he has a 2019 PMM coming in if I’m not mistaken.

callmedh

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Just heard from Joe Headley at Sons Honda in Mcdonough Georgia (404-784-1150) that their black 2018 Type R has arrived. Asking price is MSRP + $995. Tell him David sent you.

Vanct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 CTR #20802, GE8 FIT
Country flag
Avoid Rusty Wallis Honda in Dallas. They have 2 Type Rs that have been sitting on the lot for 57 days and there are 8 other Type Rs in Dallas-Ft. Worth just sitting as well.

I got a voicemail from Robert Hill stating I'd better come in because they are going to sell fast and these are the last 2 they have for 2018. He then goes on to say they are stopping production of all the hatchbacks including the Type R. If this car sells itself, you don't have to lie. I think they are getting worried their crown jewels aren't so shiny and new any more.