Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

dn7309

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport
Country flag
First thank you for your service.

Second I think a wait list is your best option for two main reasons. 1. Many dealers will take a $500 deposit and give you R at MSRP that hasn't arrived yet. 2. This lines up well for you as you may find one able to do it and line up with your arrival back.

I can't imagine a dealer with a R on the lot agreeing to both sell at MSRP and hold the car until you get back.
Thank you for your support.

I wouldn't even put down a deposit. Approach this with a mind the mindset that the dealer should be the one trying to earn my business.

I wouldn't be an asshole to the salesman but I would call them out for being testing my intelligence.
Sponsored

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Thank you for your support.

I wouldn't even put down a deposit. Approach this with a mind the mindset that the dealer should be the one trying to earn my business.

I wouldn't be an asshole to the salesman but I would call them out for being testing my intelligence.
Yeah I have and had the same mindset as you, but I ended up working to find this car at MSRP. haha Hopefully by the time you are ready you can easily find one for UNDER MSRP as they should honor the military incentives for those serving our country!!

xenotactics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Civic
Under marp will be impossible. We sold our two incoming units and have 2 19s allocated. There is still a high demand for the fasted Honda ever built. I do hope Honda stops production after 2019 to keep the ones built in unicorn status

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Under marp will be impossible. We sold our two incoming units and have 2 19s allocated. There is still a high demand for the fasted Honda ever built. I do hope Honda stops production after 2019 to keep the ones built in unicorn status
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

dn7309

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport
Country flag
:ROFLCopter:

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Glad I am not the only one that found that response funny! I am guessing he is a salesperson. I can say with the amount of BS he spewed he is a pretty good one and is in the right shady field. hahahahahahaha

Mark my word by mid 2019 we will be under MSRP likely either way, but defiantly if they confirm 2020 production. I hope I am wrong for retaining my R's value sake, but likely I am right... R's were flying off lots for huge markups then it dropped to selling fast with moderate markups to now sitting long as hell times and some for 3+ months.... Markups are dying fast!

dn7309

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport
Country flag
Glad I am not the only one that found that response funny! I am guessing he is a salesperson. I can say with the amount of BS he spewed he is a pretty good one and is in the right shady field. hahahahahahaha

Mark my word by mid 2019 we will be under MSRP likely either way, but defiantly if they confirm 2020 production. I hope I am wrong for retaining my R's value sake, but likely I am right... R's were flying off lots for huge markups then it dropped to selling fast with moderate markups to now sitting long as hell times and some for 3+ months.... Markups are dying fast!
Have you ever saw a Honda Dealership with over 9 CTR and 4 in transit? I know for a fact the 5 black CTRs are on the lot since July.

https://automobiles.honda.com/tools...ehiclemodelseries=civic-type-r&modelyear=2018

Edit:

Clearly car salesman talk. He even tried to tell us its the Fastest Honda Ever.

Last edited:

bri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2010 G37S
Country flag
Have you ever saw a Honda Dealership with over 9 CTR and 4 in transit? I know for a fact the 5 black CTRs are on the lot since July.

https://automobiles.honda.com/tools...ehiclemodelseries=civic-type-r&modelyear=2018

Edit:

Clearly car salesman talk. He even tried to tell us its the Fastest Honda Ever.
They’ve had between 10-18 on and off, but have only gone down to $2k over for all colors in Aug. and $2k now on black (at least what they’ve been quoting) perhaps people can try to bargain for lower. Still are preselling (the blue in transit is sold). People speculated msrp since beginning of the year and under 200 cars on Carsguru, I think don’t we’re going to get there in Socal there are too many people here.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
Just walked into my local Honda dealer here in Jacksonville, Florida at Coggin Honda on Atlantic Blvd.

Sticker on their CW CTR = $47.5k.

The salesman was showing off carbon fiber finishes on the dash and wing, big freakin' deal mate. Nice guy anyway, but that price tag is outrageous.

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
Just walked into my local Honda dealer here in Jacksonville, Florida at Coggin Honda on Atlantic Blvd.

Sticker on their CW CTR = $47.5k.

The salesman was showing off carbon fiber finishes on the dash and wing, big freakin' deal mate. Nice guy anyway, but that price tag is outrageous.
Holy crap they really are milking the cow raw aren't they

lac__

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R PMM | R-14704
Country flag
Dealer in Salinas, CA is asking $46,595 for a red one. Told me it’s the best price I’ll find in California for a Type R and that I should try to do my research first.

Lol.

spyder93090

I'm here to kick names and take ass.
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Type R #20034
Country flag
Holy crap they really are milking the cow raw aren't they
$50,500 asking in Mission Valley in San Diego but mostly fluff. Manager did say the last one they got sold for $5k over after 4 days on the lot, supposedly.

Marfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Two Honda dealers where I live. The first told me my money wasn't green and they had "preferred customers" they were going to sell for marked up $10-15k. Then the salesman tried to pitch to me how good Hondas are as he showed me the door. :banghead:

Other dealership was fine though, I got on a list and got MSRP, all they wanted was for me to add $2.5k worth of accessories. That's sort of a markup of its own but at least the sales staff get commission and I get something out of it.

Unyot

First Name
Unyot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX-S aspec/CTR
I just got my CW CTR about a week ago and I had to drive 300 miles to pick it up. This is what the dealer was originally asking. During my search, there were only 4 dealers that have CW CTR in the showroom in Cali...

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. 811B7F93-F7A8-4704-B355-A58330013BB0
Sponsored