Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Civic Type R, 2005 S2000
Criswell Honda in Germantown, MD 2018 Championship White Type R $47K

This was a bit sad because I've purchased cars from them before. Went in on last Saturday to test drive a Civic Si coupe, I didn't like it. So one of the managers told me if they had any car that would be up for me to make a purchase. I told them I would purchase a CTR, which he proceeded to tell me he had one. Knowing the market I asked him how much was his mark up. He responded with ours is 47K. I told him I wouldn't pay that much over sticker. He then said I'll work on getting you to 2k over, he was being a bit pushy and kind of rude so I walked out. On Monday one of his employees called me asked me about my experience. I told him about it and he said he'd go to talk to a manager. He comes back with we will sell it to you for 44K, so I'd asked what happened to two over? He said that his manager wouldn't do it (the same manager that was trying to sell to me on Saturday)

I simply asked why and he said their Type R had a Carbon fiber Spoiler. I questioned him "12K extra for a carbon spoiler?" I knew about this car from Saturday, the car didn't have a carbon wing it was just a wrap on the regular wing. So I told them I wouldn't do business with them I think it's completely absurd what they wanted.

Today I placed a deposit at another dealer, there was a markup but it wasn't crazy like this place.

Wanted to share this.
Sponsored

dn7309

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport
Country flag
I just saw a youtuber HondaPro Jason picking up his CTR and filmed the dealership giving them a shout out. Do you think he and many other youtbers like him giving shout out to dealerships got the car at least MSRP for doing free advertisement? They all refused to comment on the price due to the dealer asking them not to.

diakonia

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, Accord, CRV
Country flag
Criswell Honda in Germantown, MD 2018 Championship White Type R $47K

This was a bit sad because I've purchased cars from them before. Went in on last Saturday to test drive a Civic Si coupe, I didn't like it. So one of the managers told me if they had any car that would be up for me to make a purchase. I told them I would purchase a CTR, which he proceeded to tell me he had one. Knowing the market I asked him how much was his mark up. He responded with ours is 47K. I told him I wouldn't pay that much over sticker. He then said I'll work on getting you to 2k over, he was being a bit pushy and kind of rude so I walked out. On Monday one of his employees called me asked me about my experience. I told him about it and he said he'd go to talk to a manager. He comes back with we will sell it to you for 44K, so I'd asked what happened to two over? He said that his manager wouldn't do it (the same manager that was trying to sell to me on Saturday)

I simply asked why and he said their Type R had a Carbon fiber Spoiler. I questioned him "12K extra for a carbon spoiler?" I knew about this car from Saturday, the car didn't have a carbon wing it was just a wrap on the regular wing. So I told them I wouldn't do business with them I think it's completely absurd what they wanted.

Today I placed a deposit at another dealer, there was a markup but it wasn't crazy like this place.

Wanted to share this.
I bought my CTR from Criswell Honda in Germantown, MD for MSRP. I think its all about timing. The car was priced at $10,000 over MSRP, and I offered straight up MSRP and they said yes. Owned it the next day. Patience and persistence !

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Civic Type R, 2005 S2000
I bought my CTR from Criswell Honda in Germantown, MD for MSRP. I think its all about timing. The car was priced at $10,000 over MSRP, and I offered straight up MSRP and they said yes. Owned it the next day. Patience and persistence !
That's cool, I'm glad that they were able to sell to you at MSRP. Like I've mentioned I bought cars from them before so I know they're not all bad. I didn't think they handled this correctly.

In any case, I got my Type R today at sticker (MSRP plus some dealer added accessories) At Landmark Honda in Alexandria, VA So it's still a win for me in the end.

Thanks again

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
That's cool, I'm glad that they were able to sell to you at MSRP. Like I've mentioned I bought cars from them before so I know they're not all bad. I didn't think they handled this correctly.

In any case, I got my Type R today at sticker (MSRP plus some dealer added accessories) At Landmark Honda in Alexandria, VA So it's still a win for me in the end.

Thanks again
That's good to hear. When I was shopping around late last year Landmark was asking $5-10K over. I can't remember exactly, but that's the closest Honda dealer to my house so I would have preferred to buy there. Congrats!

bri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2010 G37S
Country flag
I just saw a youtuber HondaPro Jason picking up his CTR and filmed the dealership giving them a shout out. Do you think he and many other youtbers like him giving shout out to dealerships got the car at least MSRP for doing free advertisement? They all refused to comment on the price due to the dealer asking them not to.
They will get some kind of consideration but not necessarily MSRP. I know one such situation in SoCal, they paid over MSRP just less than the going rate of $5k.

Sup_Devil

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Pilot, S2000, 2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Was quoted $50,000 for a white CTR from Brandon Honda in Florida. Responded that I didn't even pay over msrp for my S2000 so I certainly wouldn't start now. The hunt continues.

Stig12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR(soon)
Country flag
Was quoted $50,000 for a white CTR from Brandon Honda in Florida. Responded that I didn't even pay over msrp for my S2000 so I certainly wouldn't start now. The hunt continues.
That's very typical of Brandon Honda. They had the PMM car I wanted when I started my search and they quoted me 10K Markup. A forum member here actually picked up that PMM from Brandon for about a 5K markup but It wasn't pure ADM as it had accessories.

I had to drive well out of Florida to get my PMM at MSRP. Eneded up dealing with Colonial Honda just outside of Richmond Virginia. Every dealer I called in Florida wanted over sticker with the exception of one, my local dealer, but they have a 2 year wait

wayoutwest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R-19644
Country flag
Stopped by Honda World in Westminster today because they just got a CW in. No front plate drilled and no accessories, and they said they had "an offer from some Vietnamese guy" (their words not mine) for $3800 over. I told them i would spend around $2-3K on accessories and buy it on the spot with a cashiers check. No deal... salesman was nice and a straight shooter though. Maybe next time.....

dn7309

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport
Country flag
Stopped by Honda World in Westminster today because they just got a CW in. No front plate drilled and no accessories, and they said they had "an offer from some Vietnamese guy" (their words not mine) for $3800 over. I told them i would spend around $2-3K on accessories and buy it on the spot with a cashiers check. No deal... salesman was nice and a straight shooter though. Maybe next time.....
So if you offer 3800 over sticker they’ll sell it to you? Why did that Vietnamese guys walked away then

Sirploppy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 BMW M3 Sedan, 03 Miata
Country flag
Hi all. Long time lurker, been keeping an eye out for when this over MSRP craziness will subside. According to my last cars.com inquiry, anyone who got a type R at list must be fibbing :). *Sigh*.
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. Screenshot_20180920-000310_Carscom

dn7309

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport
Country flag
Tell them if you're selling over sticker just like a dealer across town, why should I buy one from you over that other guy?

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
Okay while they are not my fav dealership because their one sorry self salesman called me a Liar when I told him that I didn't pay over $40k for Knight (my Type R) they have a Rallye Red on the Showroom floor eating away at their bottom line and they are looking to deal. He said MSRP plus a small bump. So what that bump is you will need to negotiate. So if you have the skills go for it.

Southeastern Honda
Address: 3125 US-1, Palm Bay, FL 32905
Phone: (321) 984-4224
Ask for John V, he's from TN. Let him know the lady with the Polished Metal Type R is the one who let you know about the one sitting on their floor.

Interestingly enough, this is the second R that I've seen that isn't in the "FOCUS ON ME" showroom floor spot. Makes you wonder if they finally realized a 1 off sale is nothing compared to the staples like the Accord, Civic, Odyssey, etc.

MatadorCE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Okay while they are not my fav dealership because their one sorry self salesman called me a Liar when I told him that I didn't pay over $40k for Knight (my Type R) they have a Rallye Red on the Showroom floor eating away at their bottom line and they are looking to deal. He said MSRP plus a small bump. So what that bump is you will need to negotiate. So if you have the skills go for it.

Southeastern Honda
Address: 3125 US-1, Palm Bay, FL 32905
Phone: (321) 984-4224
Ask for John V, he's from TN. Let him know the lady with the Polished Metal Type R is the one who let you know about the one sitting on their floor.

Interestingly enough, this is the second R that I've seen that isn't in the "FOCUS ON ME" showroom floor spot. Makes you wonder if they finally realized a 1 off sale is nothing compared to the staples like the Accord, Civic, Odyssey, etc.
Interesting, since I put in a request via Trucar and no one from that dealership reached out to me even though I'm 20 mins from them. I had dealers from Orlando and Daytona Beach call or email, but nothing from them. Just another example of piss poor business practices in the area.
Sponsored