Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
This is insane. The price came down a bit for a while and now it’s spiking up again? Since the end of March is the end of the production cycle for the type R, the dealers are using the said fact to leverage the asking price?

Not sure if you guys read this, I believe it’s from one of the Facebook group pages. Please note I did not write this and cannot verify how much truth is in the following:

“Nothing has changed from the original numbers.... Anything released since the original numbers is all speculation. There are 13k worldwide, 6k in North America, 4k in the United States. That number has not and will not change until they start another production line. Which won't be for until at least the end of the year, if at all. They've talked about opening a type r lineup with different trim levels to appeal to the masses, however ANY Type R after 13k will NOT be serial number marked. I work for Honda, there's my source.”
Wow, with that information in mind, ADM prices will go through the roof :confused:
Sponsored

boostedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R , 2016 Honda Pilot
This is insane. The price came down a bit for a while and now it’s spiking up again? Since the end of March is the end of the production cycle for the type R, the dealers are using the said fact to leverage the asking price?

Not sure if you guys read this, I believe it’s from one of the Facebook group pages. Please note I did not write this and cannot verify how much truth is in the following:

“Nothing has changed from the original numbers.... Anything released since the original numbers is all speculation. There are 13k worldwide, 6k in North America, 4k in the United States. That number has not and will not change until they start another production line. Which won't be for until at least the end of the year, if at all. They've talked about opening a type r lineup with different trim levels to appeal to the masses, however ANY Type R after 13k will NOT be serial number marked. I work for Honda, there's my source.”
My dealer told me the same thing but said lessor trim models would still be produced.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag

Serial numbers are worthless. Ill take a Mass Production CTR with no Serial Number. I am not trying to make money off of it or garage it. If anything you can buy a placard and install it yourself 12999.

BTW, the EK is 3 years away from being legal on U.S. streets.

tv4184

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FK8, IS300, V8 4Runner, FD RX7
Serial numbers are worthless. Ill take a Mass Production CTR with no Serial Number. I am not trying to make money off of it or garage it. If anything you can buy a placard and install it yourself 12999.

BTW, the EK is 3 years away from being legal on U.S. streets.
I wouldn’t have minded a non serial number. Just always thought they were doing a limited run lol. That’ll teach me to jump too early.

jonathan3579

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Country flag
Richard Sapp was who I worked with. He said it was msrp in the email I corresponded with him.
I'll have to give him a shot. Thank you! I can't remember the woman's name who wrote the $4500 ADM but it was done through the AutoTrader site inquiry button. Man, had I know it was MSRP I would've gone there the second I got the email. Lol.

BlawTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Honda CTR ABM / 14 Mercedes GL550/ 08 Honda Element SC
I haven't been a member of this forum for a very long time. Now that I have my ctr, I still feel for the people who are looking for one. I can remember the countless dealers I have contacted and the frustration I felt. It's not a fun feeling.

When I read some of the old posts, it seems many who did get their ctr at MSRP or very near it (you need to consider how some markets have ADM that are very high) are:

1) at the right place and right time - the car has been sitting for too long. All of a sudden they are getting a 2nd or 3rd ctr and they need to sell it.

2) they are on a waiting list and the dealer will sell it at MSRP

3) I'm sure there are many more reasons...

Don't give up if you're serious about getting one. Yes, I understand you probably don't want a bunch of spam email or weird calls but it is really the only way you can get notified when there is a price change or if someone backs out.

I don't know....just good luck, have a drink if you're of age and be cool. Happy Friday!
Persistence pays off most of the time. How much did you get your CTR for?

wayoutwest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R-19644
Country flag
Just stopped by Norm Reeves Irvine Honda in SoCal because they have a PMM. Plates arent drilled and there are no add-ons that i can see.... just the vanilla window sticker.

But they are asking 10K over. I told them other SoCal dealers were down at $2K over and he said the owner wouldn't even listen to an offer that low.

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
I haven't been a member of this forum for a very long time. Now that I have my ctr, I still feel for the people who are looking for one. I can remember the countless dealers I have contacted and the frustration I felt. It's not a fun feeling.

When I read some of the old posts, it seems many who did get their ctr at MSRP or very near it (you need to consider how some markets have ADM that are very high) are:

1) at the right place and right time - the car has been sitting for too long. All of a sudden they are getting a 2nd or 3rd ctr and they need to sell it.

2) they are on a waiting list and the dealer will sell it at MSRP

3) I'm sure there are many more reasons...

Don't give up if you're serious about getting one. Yes, I understand you probably don't want a bunch of spam email or weird calls but it is really the only way you can get notified when there is a price change or if someone backs out.

I don't know....just good luck, have a drink if you're of age and be cool. Happy Friday!
I got my CTR when it came out and I’m still getting spam email and weird calls.

BlawTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Honda CTR ABM / 14 Mercedes GL550/ 08 Honda Element SC
I might get some hate for paying over MSRP because it is against "the cause." There is always a catch somewhere. I could've paid MSRP but I would've gotten a CBP. For some this would be good, but this was not my ideal color. I'm not bagging on the people who got black. It just wasn't for me.

I ended up paying roughly 2300 above sticker. In addition, I did buy a plane ticket for $101.00 and paid 170 in gas to drive back to San Diego. I won't mention how much BBQ I bought when I was in Houston. =) I love BBQ. But it would still be less than what the dealerships were asking for around SoCal. I didn't care for the accessories that some of the dealerships where installing (to justify the 5k increase) so to me it did not make sense to pay an extra 2k just for stuff I would not use or care about. I was already willing to spend 3k above for a PMM and it wasn't really the color I would've picked (Honda of Downtown LA). So why not spend less and drive home a ctr with 1500 extra miles and get the color you want...just another reason not to settle. I'm already spending above 40k on a car with taxes, title and license, might as well get the color I want.

I'm an impatient person so it was worth paying a bit more to own my dream car that I could afford with a family etc....Would I rather have an NSX because I'm a Honda fanboy? Yes, but I can't afford it.

EDIT: I agree that "Persistence pays off most of the time." Sorry for the long winded response. I just wanted to add some things people should consider when buying....
I paid 2k for my blue one. It took many phone calls and emails. I played the “I am 2 hours away and there is no way I am taking a 4-5 hours round trip to get a price for a car” card. That worked quite often and I was able to get some solid numbers from a few dealership. I then use those quotes to wheel and deal with the other dealerships. In the end, I avoided the 5k accessories and managed to get a bone stock CTR in the color I want with a 2k markup. For Cali, that’s a Pretty good deal. It boils down to how much you want the car and how much of an adm you are willing to pay. I stayed within my guidelines and am happy to own one of these magnificent cars.

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Just stopped by Norm Reeves Irvine Honda in SoCal because they have a PMM. Plates arent drilled and there are no add-ons that i can see.... just the vanilla window sticker.

But they are asking 10K over. I told them other SoCal dealers were down at $2K over and he said the owner wouldn't even listen to an offer that low.

lol I need to drive my PMM over and sell it to him for 5 over .

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
I might get some hate for paying over MSRP because it is against "the cause." There is always a catch somewhere. I could've paid MSRP but I would've gotten a CBP. For some this would be good, but this was not my ideal color. I'm not bagging on the people who got black. It just wasn't for me.

I ended up paying roughly 2300 above sticker. In addition, I did buy a plane ticket for $101.00 and paid 170 in gas to drive back to San Diego. I won't mention how much BBQ I bought when I was in Houston. =) I love BBQ. But it would still be less than what the dealerships were asking for around SoCal. I didn't care for the accessories that some of the dealerships where installing (to justify the 5k increase) so to me it did not make sense to pay an extra 2k just for stuff I would not use or care about. I was already willing to spend 3k above for a PMM and it wasn't really the color I would've picked (Honda of Downtown LA). So why not spend less and drive home a ctr with 1500 extra miles and get the color you want...just another reason not to settle. I'm already spending above 40k on a car with taxes, title and license, might as well get the color I want.

I'm an impatient person so it was worth paying a bit more to own my dream car that I could afford with a family etc....Would I rather have an NSX because I'm a Honda fanboy? Yes, but I can't afford it.

EDIT: I agree that "Persistence pays off most of the time." Sorry for the long winded response. I just wanted to add some things people should consider when buying....
A little secret for anyone buying out of state. Do not pay tax there. Do you own DMV run in CA. You get to write down the purchase price without showing them your contract. That should offset any shipping costs and you don't have to fly/drive there. You're welcome.

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR R-35355/ 2021 SGP Accord Touring
Country flag
I just got a call from a dealer that has a $15k ADM. They want me to come in and make an offer. They aren’t coming back down to MSRP after packing $15k and I know some of that is mop and glow.

tv4184

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FK8, IS300, V8 4Runner, FD RX7

Which joints did u hit up? Houston has tons of great bbq
Sponsored