Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
I'm telling you, this car is going the way the Ford RS did. Dealers were charging $55K-$60K + when those things hit the US market. Now, dealerships like Galpin Ford in SoCal have 17 of them rotting on lots because nobody wanted to pay that insane markup. That and the head gasket issue didn't help the cause either (although Ford is fixing that issue free of charge under warranty regardless if the car is still covered under warranty). I wouldn't be too shocked if you start seeing these cars sit on lots at some point when people are tired of paying stupid prices for them. Hell they already have started to. I am actually looking at RS' right now. I have a dealership that won't leave me alone because I was interested in a white one they had on the lot. They are desperate for a sale.
Sponsored

lawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM type r
Country flag
I'm telling you, this car is going the way the Ford RS did. Dealers were charging $55K-$60K + when those things hit the US market. Now, dealerships like Galpin Ford in SoCal have 17 of them rotting on lots because nobody wanted to pay that insane markup. That and the head gasket issue didn't help the cause either (although Ford is fixing that issue free of charge under warranty regardless if the car is still covered under warranty). I wouldn't be too shocked if you start seeing these cars sit on lots at some point when people are tired of paying stupid prices for them. Hell they already have started to. I am actually looking at RS' right now. I have a dealership that won't leave me alone because I was interested in a white one they had on the lot. They are desperate for a sale.
I'm in San Diego and a smaller Ford dealer near me only has like 1 at a time, and they're going for MSRP (I didn't really negotiate, just ask where if they're making deals on them, they said no).

Are the Galpin guys going way under that?

As long as our more impatient brothers/sisters are paying over MSRP the dealers will keep holding out hope that they'll get the next 10k over MSRP buyer.

But I think most people willing to pay 5k over have already done so.

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm in San Diego and a smaller Ford dealer near me only has like 1 at a time, and they're going for MSRP (I didn't really negotiate, just ask where if they're making deals on them, they said no).

Are the Galpin guys going way under that?

As long as our more impatient brothers/sisters are paying over MSRP the dealers will keep holding out hope that they'll get the next 10k over MSRP buyer.

But I think most people willing to pay 5k over have already done so.
Given it is the end of the month, they might be. I know a couple dealerships will do around $42K OTD with TTL and the 2RS package. I still think there is negotiating room. I really want a white one and I have one found. The sales lady there has called me 3 times in the past day to come in and take a look. If the price was right with the payments, I would bite. Only issue is if my wife is cool with me getting a manual since she occasionally drives my car currently which is auto. I'm working on warming her up to the idea, and also waiting on my inevitable promotion at work to soften the blow.

lawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM type r
Country flag
Given it is the end of the month, they might be. I know a couple dealerships will do around $42K OTD with TTL and the 2RS package. I still think there is negotiating room. I really want a white one and I have one found. The sales lady there has called me 3 times in the past day to come in and take a look. If the price was right with the payments, I would bite. Only issue is if my wife is cool with me getting a manual since she occasionally drives my car currently which is auto. I'm working on warming her up to the idea, and also waiting on my inevitable promotion at work to soften the blow.
Do what I did. Keep talking about it. Report progress on your hunt. Wear her down.

"If you get that car, will you finally stop talking about it?"
-yes
"Fine"

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
If you can live with another color other than White, there is an RS2 package selling for $34K, $9K off. It's a 16 though. That doesn't matter since Ford is stepping up with the HG issues, you might even be able to bargain a bit more.

Last edited:

lawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM type r
Country flag
If you can live with another color other than White, there is an RS2 package selling for $34K, $9K off. It's a 16 though. That doesn't matter since Ford is stepping up with the HG issues, you might even be able to bargain a bit more.

r/
Leo
The 2016 is new? Lol they really shot themselves in the foot with that one.

maverick

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR
Country flag
Do what I did. Keep talking about it. Report progress on your hunt. Wear her down.

"If you get that car, will you finally stop talking about it?"
-yes
"Fine"
Literally what worked with my wife :spaz:

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

r/
Leo
I think most people would have to be mid $20k's to want to buy a 2 year old new RS at this point.

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

r/
Leo
I actually looked at a 2016 White RS with the 2RS package, and it had about 159 miles on it after my test drive. Dealer still wanted $42K OTD. I walked but the car sold later on to some dope lol.

I'd buy a 2016, but it would have to be new obviously with little to no miles. And I would need a screaming deal on it. Where is this one located?

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
You know you're getting worn down by the ADM when you're starting to worry about buying a manual because of your wife. You know 5 months ago this concern was there but it pushed WAY back in your mind!! :)

My wife asked my why I don't just buy a Ridgeline instead? "What??? I thought you hated the Ridgeline." Her: "Anything is better than that hideous Type R." Ha!!! Yeah. RL clicks my geek buttons, but not my car-guy buttons. Sorry. Gotta keep waiting for a Type R. Given the time it is taking to get to MSRP, they'll announce something like Honda's new infotainment system coming in the 2019... of course this will happen a week AFTER I get one. :(

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I actually looked at a 2016 White RS with the 2RS package, and it had about 159 miles on it after my test drive. Dealer still wanted $42K OTD. I walked but the car sold later on to some dope lol.

I'd buy a 2016, but it would have to be new obviously with little to no miles. And I would need a screaming deal on it. Where is this one located?
In Fontana, I believe it has like 8 miles on it. Sunrise Ford. It has MSRP of $43k but selling for $34k Nitrous Blue. They priced that one at $60k at one point lol

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good luck to those places at getting rid of them. The Evo craze isn't what it used to be.
I had an Evo. Fun as shit, but the RS makes it look like a child's toy lol

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good luck to those places at getting rid of them. The Evo craze isn't what it used to be.
True, but give it about a decade and watch the price of a stock Evo X go through the roof.... same thing will happen with the CTR once it is out of production. Thats what most who paid ADM are banking on.
Sponsored