Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

teamPOW

First Name
POW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 240sx, 92 240sx, 95 240sx, 2016 FIT
Country flag
Just a heads up. Went to Goudy Honda in Alhambra, California and they want $51k for a red Type R... smh

JayeGee

JaysCTR2528
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 EK HATCH EJ6 & 2017 CTR FK8
Country flag
Just a heads up. Went to Goudy Honda in Alhambra, California and they want $51k for a red Type R... smh
Did you try norm reeves honda in west covina they have 2 ctr's there red & black.

teamPOW

First Name
POW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 240sx, 92 240sx, 95 240sx, 2016 FIT
Country flag
They want $43.5k for the red one. Which is the only color I'd want, I tried them already. Thanks for the heads up though.

sac18771

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 FXT, '08 MX5, '15 BRZ
Country flag
Got quoted by Stockton Honda (Stockton, CA) $42,800 for a CTR .

Honda of Serramonte (Colma, CA) wants $10k over MSRP.

Gomie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2013 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Honda of Pasadena (SoCal) just called me and confirmed they are asking for $15k mark up on their CW 2018 CTR...

scoobysnack

First Name
no
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2008 Volvo C30, 2009 Infiniti G37
Country flag
Got quoted by Stockton Honda (Stockton, CA) $42,800 for a CTR .

Honda of Serramonte (Colma, CA) wants $10k over MSRP.
Just a heads up, I bought mine from Stockton Honda on Dec 22nd. Red 2018 CTR 11 miles when I sat down. I was talking to Rodney whos their "internet sales director". They had it listed on autotrader as "contact seller for pricing" and he and I talked for roughly a month, maybe once a week. Finally on Dec 22nd I told him me and my wife will drive over there right now and give you $38K plus tax and required fees. He said yes. So drove over there and out the door was a little over $41K. Of course sales tax here is a bitch, so factor that in.

So I guess what I'm saying is that you cant take the numbers they give you too seriously. There are times when they get desperate to sell a car and if you offer them a way to sell a car today/right now it can sometimes cut through the BS.

Last edited:

lawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM type r
Country flag
Just a heads up, I bought mine from Stockton Honda on Dec 22nd. Red 2018 CTR 11 miles when I sat down. I was talking to Rodney whos their "internet sales director". They had it listed on autotrader as "contact seller for pricing" and he and I talked for roughly a month, maybe once a week. Finally on Dec 22nd I told him me and my wife will drive over there right now and give you $38K plus tax and required fees. He said yes. So drove over there and out the door was a little over $41K. Of course sales tax here is a bitch, so factor that in.

So I guess what I'm saying is that you cant take the numbers they give you too seriously. There are times when they get desperate to sell a car and if you offer them a way to sell a car today/right now it can sometimes cut through the BS.
I called shortly after you and asked for your deal. 'If you accept the offer, i'll put a deposit and fly out the following day.' However, it seems the owner at stockton heard what other people are actually paying at the other dealerships and is now wanting in on that party. My take it or leave it deal was the same as the guy you replied to.

38k is about 3k over and it seems 5k over is an easy deal at most places. 42k plus tax is beyond what most people are paying even without having to drive out.

scoobysnack

First Name
no
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2008 Volvo C30, 2009 Infiniti G37
Country flag
I called shortly after you and asked for your deal. 'If you accept the offer, i'll put a deposit and fly out the following day.' However, it seems the owner at stockton heard what other people are actually paying at the other dealerships and is now wanting in on that party. My take it or leave it deal was the same as the guy you replied to.

38k is about 3k over and it seems 5k over is an easy deal at most places. 42k plus tax is beyond what most people are paying even without having to drive out.
Hey lawl, good to hear from you again. That's too bad. Maybe I got lucky because I went in a few days before X-mas and perhaps it was a little slow, and end of the year on top of that. Was really hoping Stockton would come through for you.

lawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM type r
Country flag
Hey lawl, good to hear from you again. That's too bad. Maybe I got lucky because I went in a few days before X-mas and perhaps it was a little slow, and end of the year on top of that. Was really hoping Stockton would come through for you.
Yeah I think you caught them at a great time or they were still drunk from the holiday party or something.

It's okay though! I think after the cost of the flight, fuel, time it wouldn't have been as worth it for me as it was for you.

I'm working on something, and it says the car is in transit, so hopefully I'll be joining you guys in the land of happy ownership soon.

Ghostype_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo Fr-s, Rx8 -ls2 , 2017 camaro ss1le, 2017 Civic type R #1353
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Spoke with one of the local dealers here in ABQ, NM (Garcia Honda) and to say they are being crazy is an understatement- they are making $5k in accessories, ceramic coating, additional warranty, their financing, and a few other things mandatory. Out the door price comes out to about $48k after all is said and done. Absolutely crazy.
Someone bought it.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Yeah. I've been treated the same way by most of the dealers I've talked to as well in SoCal. A few were upfront and/or at least polite about it so I'll stay in contact with them. The others are written off. This isn't Honda America though. These are dipshit dealers. Clearly they're not used to selling a car in high demand because their arrogance is costing them customers for life, over trying to maximize the profit on one car sale. Stupid. They can charge all the ADM they want, they just don't need to be dicks about it and try to make you feel like an idiot... when it is clear you know way more about the damn car than they do. If Porsche dealers did this every time they launched a high demand car, they'd have no customers. Honda America isn't happy about the ADM and the way their dealers are treating people. They realize it reflects poorly on their brand, but in the U.S. there isn't much they can do about it. Car dealerships are stuck in the wrong century when it comes to customer service. There is a polite way to sell a high demand product for a huge markup and not be a total a-hole about it. They just don't know what they're doing.
^ This is one of the better summaries I have seen on this whole situation of American Honda dealers and the CTR.. Its really sad to see all of this going on. Honda could loose many loyal and true customers with all of this unchecked dealership greed going on. To make matters worse, some of the smaller ethical dealerships who treat their customers better and do offer MSRP are only getting on or two CTRs a year, while many of the larger dealerships are just making matters worse for anyone who is truly interested in this car. :( Some ugly reads in this forum on how some of you have been treated.

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag

I’ve tried saying this plenty of times, people give up too easily, or accidentally piss off someone at the dealership.

Be as professional as possible when dealing with these people and always have a positive attitude. I got a dealer to go from 5k over to 700 over.

Basically the cost of shipping a car from a dealership too far to drive to and back.

When you call or visit a dealer, always try to find the guy that isn’t new trying to prove he can upsell you to his manager, get the vet that has been doing it for a while, he can assess the situation and try to work with you. Sadly, most salesman are new and don’t know shit about making a deal. They’re just waiting for the easy guy to get 10k over, so they can look like a hero to their boss.

boostedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R , 2016 Honda Pilot
I’ve tried saying this plenty of times, people give up too easily, or accidentally piss off someone at the dealership.

Be as professional as possible when dealing with these people and always have a positive attitude. I got a dealer to go from 5k over to 700 over.

Basically the cost of shipping a car from a dealership too far to drive to and back.

When you call or visit a dealer, always try to find the guy that isn’t new trying to prove he can upsell you to his manager, get the vet that has been doing it for a while, he can assess the situation and try to work with you. Sadly, most salesman are new and don’t know shit about making a deal. They’re just waiting for the easy guy to get 10k over, so they can look like a hero to their boss.
So everyone on here who hasn't been able to get a CTR must have provoked the dealer in some way when they walked in the door? This is an absurd post certainly being polite helps but this is about dealer greed plain and simple killing them with kindness isn't going to change that.