Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

revin9k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s2000
Country flag
I'm in cali and knew I didn't stand a chance at MSRP. I found a dealer out of state and put it in writing. I suggest you do the same if you're in CA. There are good dealers out there believe it or not. Just have to put in the due diligence
Sponsored

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm in cali and knew I didn't stand a chance at MSRP. I found a dealer out of state and put it in writing. I suggest you do the same if you're in CA. There are good dealers out there believe it or not. Just have to put in the due diligence
Ill probably do the same, best bet is snow states where they want their AWD.

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
I completely agree with you 10,000,000%. Which is why I'm probably gonna buy my CTR from a dealer in the South New Jersey/Philadelphia area where my parents live.

Anyone from that area know of good reputable dealers that arent out to screw their buyers?
Just make sure if you buy from NJ, they dont have the front plate mount with holes drilled. If you buy from PA, you wont have that issue since we only have a rear plate. I went to buy a mercedes a few years back in NJ that had the plate mount and holes in the front bumper. i passed on it an found one in PA. Was a little more expensive, but the front plate mount would have bothered me every time i looked at the car.

Evo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer Evolution
Country flag
The horrible dealer network is what's going to kill this car. I feel Honda dealers are pretty snobby just because buyers and dealers feel the product is superior to the competition. When the new insight landed both my Illinois dealer and a Florida dealer of a friend acted the same way, like big white whales.

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
I've been doing the same. Unfortunately, I haven't found a dealer that's not too far away with solid info.

SANDMANxGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
I can vouch for California, Honda in Irvine is doing 10k over markup along with Valencia.

buurrnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th Gen Civic Si Coupe
Honda of Serramonte in Daly City, CA wanted 5k over msrp.

M1K3_V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civicc Si; 2016 Harley Davidson 48
Country flag
Just make sure if you buy from NJ, they dont have the front plate mount with holes drilled. If you buy from PA, you wont have that issue since we only have a rear plate. I went to buy a mercedes a few years back in NJ that had the plate mount and holes in the front bumper. i passed on it an found one in PA. Was a little more expensive, but the front plate mount would have bothered me every time i looked at the car.

Oh I know, my 2010 Si that I had a few years back had a front plate holder when I bought it. I told the dealer to remove it before I left with the car. Luckily the holes weren't visable

Evo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer Evolution
Country flag
Yeah I don't drill the front bumper, I've never gotten a ticket for having no front plate

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
Yeah I don't drill the front bumper, I've never gotten a ticket for having no front plate
Some States, or cities, are very relaxed about it. Here in CA, they'll spot you very easily and are quick to give a fine or fix-it tickets.

alphaghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Is300-daily 1993 prelude vtec-my baby
$35k is a good price, but $45k and up here in Illinois I believe will be a tough sell for fwd performance car. At that price point you can get a 2016-17 camaro ss 1le or if you love hatches a golf r that offers awd.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Do we have a list of dealers asking over MSRP right now so people looking can avoid messing with these dealers? Avoid these dealers!

I'll start if we don't already have one:

Quoted all replies so far: Avoid these dealers. And no I will not remove any dealership from this post. Greedy dealership should be punished .

Quote:
No, I'm sorry the vehichle will be in too high of demand and very limited prodcution.

Brice Vazac
Internet Director
Honda Cars of Corona
(951) 520-5321
hondacarsofcorona.com

Avondale,AZ Honda is requesting 2500$ ADM
Scottsdale,AZ Honda is doing 2500$ on the first type R then 5,000$ markup on the other 2 after.
Surprise,AZ Honda NO ADM but mandatory 1500$ dealer add on package, tint zagtech etc. aka dealer mark up.

Rick Case Honda South Florida ADM pending .

Honda Irvine, Honda Valencia 10K OVER.

Honda of Serramonte in Daly City, CA 5 K OVER.

5k over MSRP at Honda of San Marcos, TX

What really bugs me about this.. After 30 years of waiting... Is the fact that many people in those states will say.... Time to go get my first ford or first vw or subaru.. Bye bye honda

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Just go ahead and add all the CA dealers. Especially Honda in Valencia. He said I'll take a $10k deposit on MSRP + $10k markup. Guy was a complete jerk.
Add Rick Case Honda here in South Florida. I've spoken to the General Sales Manager twice, and he said they plan to add a mark up on top of the mark up. I told him, you guys are going to shoot yourselves in the foot by doing that, he just laughed at me and said there will be ppl that will pay it since it's the first CTR in the US, and he's probably right too. They are the largest volume moving Honda dealer here in South Florida so they'll probably get 2-3 CTR's for the year. I can holy hope that once the hype is over I'll be able to find one.
Wow, in both of these cases, as well as others cited here, if the dealerships are this arrogant I would just walk AND never go back to buy any other car from them - ever! :mad:

I had a local Ford dealership try this on me when I was looking for a Shelby. In the end, they lost out as I, or any of my family, will never buy a vehicle from them for life. I found a much better deal in the end, elsewhere. ;)
Sponsored

Last edited: