Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
A dealer in Colorado stated something similar when I inquired a few months ago. Not that they were mandated to sell locally by Honda, but made that rule for themselves. They were only willing to sell to residents of Northern Colorado, and Denver is only 1 hour away...LOL!
yeah its stupid as hell when theres other members here picking them up from out of states
Sponsored

vader2k

Darkside rider & Senior member
First Name
Alonzo-Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R. #433 (EPB). 07 Civic LX (TW)
Country flag

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. 19437324_10212628757501208_8856864069986849374_n

costa mesa ca
Great deal! Get it, get it!! ;)
I have this gut feeling that Norm Reeves won't have a problem selling it at that price. I used to go to school out there and the amount of insane cars that I'd see driven by international students at UC Irvine is mind-boggling.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I have this gut feeling that Norm Reeves won't have a problem selling it at that price. I used to go to school out there and the amount of insane cars that I'd see driven by international students at UC Irvine is mind-boggling.
that was from a friend who works at autonation costa mesa but I do agree. Norm Reeves will probabyl sell these shits at 15k mark up and people around there will buy them

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
that was from a friend who works at autonation costa mesa but I do agree. Norm Reeves will probabyl sell these shits at 15k mark up and people around there will buy them
Oops...forgot there was an Autonation Honda out there too!

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
You are right on. All the norm reeves conglomerates units are already sold or promised to for those amounts.

bombarde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
A friend sent me this clipping from a local paper. The dealer is in Milwaukee, WI.
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. clippin

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Two Ohio Honda dealers with $4-5K markups.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. Honda of Mentor

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. Performance Honda

FK8 Twigs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #01007
Country flag
Just received a call from City Honda in Chicago, IL... they just received their White Type-R.. and they want $45K. Sigh. I guess I'll be keeping my STi for a while.

mile2424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
South Bay Honda has a grey one for 15k over in Milpitas, CA here in the Bay Area.

ZXS2000_R

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
For San Diego
Honda of El Cajon with CW for 20K mark up
Ball Honda CW arrived today claiming presold for 50k

TypeRguru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw M4
For San Diego
Honda of El Cajon with CW for 20K mark up
Ball Honda CW arrived today claiming presold for 50k
Might not get better anytime soon because the dealer I got mine from said that although there are 3200 for 2017 the number for 2018 might be similar as Honda wants to keep it an exclusive car. Time will tell I guess....sounds like it could be the GT350R all over again and Ford still limits production on those.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Boyd Honda... South Hill, VA Polished metal $7500 ADM
Honda of Freehold... Freehold, NJ Crystal Black. Not sure what they're price is. I have contacted them via email, but they want a phone conversation instead LOL
Goodness gracious, why would anyone want to talk to another human being!

bombarde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Might not get better anytime soon because the dealer I got mine from said that although there are 3200 for 2017 the number for 2018 might be similar as Honda wants to keep it an exclusive car. Time will tell I guess....sounds like it could be the GT350R all over again and Ford still limits production on those.
Maybe I'm dense, but I don't understand why they would want to do that. And we keep hearing that they want to reach a wider audience, so there may be variants offered. What's the point of reaching a wide audience if nobody can get one?

It's obvious there's a huge demand for these. And Honda isn't some boutique manufacturer who can only manage to make a few thousand of these per year. Why not make it a regular production item that anyone with 34K and get? How about they make enough to reach parity with all the WRX/STIs running around?
Sponsored