Honda Civic Si Wikipedia article changed

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Last year, I spent a good deal of time gathering up all the changes that made the 2017 Si different from the EX-T. This list of changes was gathered from various sources including technical presentations that were not made available to the general public and went above and behind what is listed in the brochure and on Honda's website.

It appears that on April 22, 2018, Wikipedia user "Mr.chopper" deleted all this information saying that it was "not a shopping guide".

Here's the version before he removed my content:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Honda_Civic_Si&oldid=837619897

Here's the current version:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Civic_Si

I know very little about how Wikipedia works. I don't agree with this user's removal of my work since it was a comprehensive list of technical changes that make the Si unique, not a "shopping guide". Since the Wikipedia article is about the Honda Civic Si, I feel that this information is useful and appreciated by Honda Civic Si owners and should not have been removed. I can restore it, but it's likely to be removed again.

Anyone Wikipedia experts have any suggestions on how to challenge this user's edits?
Sponsored

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Wow it got chopped to hell and back:hmm:

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
Hey man, its Wiki.. free shit is always suspect. That said, "its not a buyers guide" :) thats kinda funny. On the other hand, I love the information you added. Maybe if you put in in paragraph form vs a list that looks liek "copy and paste" Mr Chopper wouldn't have chopped so much? Bummer

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
But the other gens have lists similar to the one you made so it makes no sense to just delete one.

OP
OP
zroger73

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
User "TKOIII" deleted it again saying "no sources or citations". Perhaps one day I'll have the time and motivation to provide links to the brochure, web site, press release, interviews, and technical presentations where I gathered all the information. Not today, though. :)

Admittedly, it does seem like my contributions are being singled out. If every piece of information required a cited source, then MOST of that entire page needs removed for the same reason. :(

DyM

First Name
Dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last year, I spent a good deal of time gathering up all the changes that made the 2017 Si different from the EX-T. This list of changes was gathered from various sources including technical presentations that were not made available to the general public and went above and behind what is listed in the brochure and on Honda's website.

It appears that on April 22, 2018, Wikipedia user "Mr.chopper" deleted all this information saying that it was "not a shopping guide".

Here's the version before he removed my content:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Honda_Civic_Si&oldid=837619897

Here's the current version:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Civic_Si

I know very little about how Wikipedia works. I don't agree with this user's removal of my work since it was a comprehensive list of technical changes that make the Si unique, not a "shopping guide". Since the Wikipedia article is about the Honda Civic Si, I feel that this information is useful and appreciated by Honda Civic Si owners and should not have been removed. I can restore it, but it's likely to be removed again.

Anyone Wikipedia experts have any suggestions on how to challenge this user's edits?
Awwwww, I feel bad for poor old Mr. Chopper. I mean, think about the amount of FOMO burning through his veins after having chosen his own Civic poorly, only later to be enlightened by your wholesome list of Si's improvements over his own blunder:rofl:

Good on you for doing all that research, and bringing it to the people!

Justinus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None.
Hate to bring this up again, but Mr.chopper deleted the entire 10th gen section.

It's like he's throwing a tantrum.