Honda civic rear windowshield broken? clean up glass?

civicbako

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Civic Sedan LX
Country flag
New member from Cali here.

I had a miserable day today. I put my suitcase on the front seat of my Civic and closed the door, then the next thing I hear is the rearview windshield completely shatter. I could not believe it. It is not cold where I live and I did not notice any serious crack or damage in the past few weeks, which leads me to believe someone tried cracking the windshield and failed or someone tried to vandalize the car. I'll never know.

$200 and a wasted morning later, I had it fixed by some third party company. They vacuumed the car, but there is still a lot of small particles of glass that remain. The car has cloth seats and I have to have my kids sit back there at times as well. Is there a way I can try to completely ensure that all glass is taken out from the seats/seatbelts and audio stereo,/etc?

Would getting the car detailed help?

Thanks in advance

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda civic rear windowshield broken? clean up glass? IMG_2067.JPG
Sponsored

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Holy moly... Go to a detailing shop and perhaps ask for a special treatment. Or you could grab a pretty strong vacuum, a brush and a lint roller. That should grab most of the particles and any that remain if they do probably wont be large enough or enough to cause any damage/harm.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
I'd take it to a detail shop, and just pay by the hour for that area.
That's terrible though.

From your picture, it looks like driver's side top corner is damaged, although it could just be a reflection. I would try to get the dealer involved, if only to at least document it.

Hyundai Velosters were recalled in their first MY because of spontaneously exploding sunroofs.

OP
OP

civicbako

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Civic Sedan LX
Country flag
Anyone know of a good detail shop in orange county area? I'm worried that I used a cheap company on yelp to replace window and they did not use the OEM.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
This can just happen at random with nothing hitting the window with this type of glass. The pressure change from shutting the door could have been enough, especially if it happened instantly.
Sponsored