Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Compiling the 2015 November sales data, it's great to see that the Honda Civic sold more than 30,000 units in November. :thumbsup:

U.S. sales totaled 25,050 (stats) and Canadian sales totaled 5,082 (stats), for a total of 30,132 Civics sold. These sales numbers represent an 8.6% rise in U.S. sales and a 21.8% rise in Canadian.
Sponsored

manhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas
First full month of 2016 Civic sales right? Wait until the coupe, hatchback, Si become available. Even with some stiff competition on the horizon I'm betting we see 50K total Civics sold in one month after Spring. Who's taking bets? :)

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Two new body styles being offered in N.America will definitely help. I'd be curious how many people went into dealerships thinking of the 2015 Civic and walked out with a 2016 model instead.

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
First full month of 2016 Civic sales right? Wait until the coupe, hatchback, Si become available. Even with some stiff competition on the horizon I'm betting we see 50K total Civics sold in one month after Spring. Who's taking bets? :)
50k / mo is extremely ambitious. The standard sedan model represents the bulk of the sales. I am curious to see how much all the additional models add though!

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think the all new 2016 Civic success is great but I think by summer other manufactures will be in emergency mode offering rebates and adding features to compete. Most people like to run out and buy a new redesigned car and then in a year or two its old hat. Hopefully Honda keeps the tradition alive of adding a little value each year. :) A larger sunroof would be nice. Also I hope the hood line is fixed at the front. Like the 16 accord

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
We know those 30k units are all 2016s how? With all the residual 2015s floating around still and no MY breakout, I'm not sure the data supports the assertion. Oh, and they didn't even start selling the '16s until about the middle of the month.

OP
OP
administrator

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
We know those 30k units are all 2016s how? With all the residual 2015s floating around still and no MY breakout, I'm not sure the data supports the assertion. Oh, and they didn't even start selling the '16s until about the middle of the month.
Meant all 2015/2016 Civics sold. Corrected, thanks.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Even the 2015 civic is better than corolla and mazda3.. The 2016 is just a no brainer.. geesh there goes buying Hondas minus dealer hold back below invoice with dealer cash and advertising cash... :( lol

manhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas
50k / mo is extremely ambitious. The standard sedan model represents the bulk of the sales. I am curious to see how much all the additional models add though!
Just wait until spring time next year. There's still a shortage of the Civic X at dealerships and the average buying public probably has no idea of its existence as a completely redesigned model. Combine that with the coupe and hatchback and all these models going global, plus the better weather and I think it can come close to 50K on its best month of the year. We'll see!

Razer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HR-V
Cars.com nationwide Civic search with no price limit. There are 23,496 2015 Civics listed. There are 19,612 2016 Civics listed. It will be a few months before we start to get truly good data on how these are selling and be able to compare to the last generation numbers. Also, dealers put up new cars on there when they know they are coming so it is likely there is not all 19,000 of the 16's on the ground yet.

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Even the 2015 civic is better than corolla and mazda3
I wouldn't go that far. The 2015 Civic was pretty bad because Honda was targeting the Corolla. But the Mazda3 is very fun to drive, it handles corners a tad better than the 2016 Civic. But the new Civic is much more refined, a good trade off.

Revver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Subaru Legacy SE Sedan
Although i'm sure we all agree the 2016 would easily outsell the 2015's all things being equal, even when the dealer inventories finally are all replaced with 2016 Civics the numbers might not dramatically jump like some are expecting. There are some heavily discounted 2015's right now which could be more than making up for it and causing the blip up in sales #'s.

SPEEDANDTECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accords
I am wondering what stiff competition? I don't think there are any in this segment to say the least. Which is amazing how Honda single handedly f**ing destroyed the competition. woot woot and one more woot. So happy. The new Civic is a tremendous automobile.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
And I still have not seen one other than my own out on the streets in 2 weeks since I bought it LOL
Sponsored